When is it too late for the Entente to win if the US joins the CP?

The Entente war economies by that late in the game were already deeply constructed on a framework of American raw materials that could be obtained will American credit. Those sources suddenly disappearing would be a massive shock to every supply chain that would utterly shatter Entente logistics; they might be able to hold a defense at higher costs in Europe,but you won't be able to fuel any offensives that would put the pressure on Europe. Germany will be in a great position in such a timeline to stabilize it's position, especially with the tensions in the east winding down as well, and can either dig in over the winter and dare the Entente to come at them with much lower stocks of shells and such, wind up for a knock-out punch on Italy, or even demobalize some men to help with spring planting to ease the food burdan.
Certainly the deck is still very strongly stacked against the Entente. The Germans would have to fumble the opportunity offered by American entry pretty badly to lose, but I'd still place an Entente victory within the realm of possibility (though I certainly wouldn't bet on those odds mind you).

I was going tonight to do a tentative timeline (just bulletpoints) based on what we have talked about thus far, but I'm afraid I'll have to put it off. Swamped in work and my kid managed to fall and hurt himself today. But I'll keep the line open and maybe drop back in the coming days if I can see an opening. Thanks again for all the contribs and links. This deserves a full TL IMHO.

Certainly the deck is still very strongly stacked against the Entente. The Germans would have to fumble the opportunity offered by American entry pretty badly to lose, but I'd still place an Entente victory within the realm of possibility (though I certainly wouldn't bet on those odds mind you).

Maybe, but as the odds are so stacked against the Entente I don't think its really a solid assertion. Load the dice and enough and you can have Britain, France, and Russia win in any set of circumstances, and I'd argue their chances are actually BETTER if the US is hostile for the very begining and their war machine is constructed in a way as to be more autarkic. Then they can keep up the pressure more constantly even if its weaker, rather than seeing wild swings that would shock both the civilian economy and ability to supply the army.

Maybe, but as the odds are so stacked against the Entente I don't think its really a solid assertion. Load the dice and enough and you can have Britain, France, and Russia win in any set of circumstances, and I'd argue their chances are actually BETTER if the US is hostile for the very begining and their war machine is constructed in a way as to be more autarkic. Then they can keep up the pressure more constantly even if its weaker, rather than seeing wild swings that would shock both the civilian economy and ability to supply the army.
Fair enough.