Wheel of Time map

I know it's nothing to do with alternate history, but I'm looking for a mapmaker who can make a good base map of the map provided in the books.

I've been trying to make a Risk-like map.

Anywho, anyone that's interested, please respond.

I've got one somewhere... hold on.

Edit; Here it is. This is all I have. I did not make this myself, but I think it could be a good base to start with if anyone wants to make a blank map.

wheeloftimemap.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's nothing to do with alternate history, but I'm looking for a mapmaker who can make a good base map of the map provided in the books.

I've been trying to make a Risk-like map.

Anywho, anyone that's interested, please respond.

is this for conquer club, if i may ask?

I can't remember, which of these countries was the one where men wear a dagger on a chain around their neck, and present it to their bride and say, if I ever cause you displeasure, feel free to stab me through the heart with this? The hell with that!
In general, though, it seems to me that Robert Jordan has some kind of fetish, he seems to enjoy seeing proud, powerful women broken and humbled. His books are filled with haughty noblewomen and rich matrons reduced to poverty and servitude. I wonder why? Anyone else notice this?

I can't remember, which of these countries was the one where men wear a dagger on a chain around their neck, and present it to their bride and say, if I ever cause you displeasure, feel free to stab me through the heart with this? The hell with that!
In general, though, it seems to me that Robert Jordan has some kind of fetish, he seems to enjoy seeing proud, powerful women broken and humbled. His books are filled with haughty noblewomen and rich matrons reduced to poverty and servitude. I wonder why? Anyone else notice this?

Robert Jordan also loved clothes. And words. He combined the two of them and wrote The Wheel of Time.

I can't remember, which of these countries was the one where men wear a dagger on a chain around their neck, and present it to their bride and say, if I ever cause you displeasure, feel free to stab me through the heart with this?

That would be Altara, and specifically the city of Ebou Dar, IIRC.

Not in the wheel of time books themselves no.

I've been told his conan books are like that though, and that he considers them somewhat an "old shame."

Hashasheen

Banned
They were mostly royalty or in high positions of power, and considering the theme of the story (everything is going to crap and we got the faux-Christ here) its pretty accurate.

I've got one somewhere... hold on.

Edit; Here it is. This is all I have. I did not make this myself, but I think it could be a good base to start with if anyone wants to make a blank map.
Islands don't work that way! They just don't! :mad: They Just don't!

[Atom descends into gibberish]

Are you talking about Windbiter's Finger? Because the setting being what it is, it's entirely possible that the islands are artificial.

Actually it's pretty much a guarantee. For those of you who don't know, some 3500 years before the series, every male magic user went insane after an attempt to seal off the ultimate evil. Because of this insanity, they went around the world completely remaking it. No doubt one of them thought the islands would look cool that way.

As for the question of the other continents, there are at least the maps in the source compendiums which feature Seanchan and the Isle of Madmen, but I don't think we know enough of either for maps.

No one liked the map of Caemlyn?

Well here's some more, are these helpful?

Wot map in detail
wotmapdetail.jpg

Annotated with estimated armies and main character location
wotannotatedmap.jpg

Shara and the Aiel Waste
SharatheAielWaste.gif

Seanchan
Seanchan.png

The Ten Nations (edited by me to be more accurate)
TenNations.png

The Nations of the Free Years
FreeNations.png

World Map
WoTworld.png

I also have more detailed maps of Arad Doman, Almoth Plain, Tear, and Shienar. Do you want to see them?

Thanks for all the maps, I've seen most of them/have most of them in my collection somewhere.

Robert Jordan = slight chauvinist. He's admitted this. When asked about the women falling in his books, he said that's just what happens when you're on top. And since he made his world to be different than ours, in one of his interviews he said what way to make it more different than to have women dominating in almost every aspect of life? In our world, in the middle ages, women were next to slaves. In his world, they hold the lion's share.

Yes, this is for conquerclub or landgrab, whichever comes first. Or both.

Randland (or the westlands, wetlands, etc) is really the only continent that can be accurately depicted. The Seanchan continent is about 2 times the size and next to nothing is known except the names and locations of a few scattered cities. The Aiel waste is also useless as the do not have cities other than the ruin of Rhuidean. The multitudinous cliff-side dwellings, holds, and what not are not enough to sketch a map, even if enough were listed to do so, which there are not. Shara is even worse. All we have of that region is the location of a few safe ports and towns on the periphery and about 13 contradicting words for the same place. The Land of the Madmen... well, we know there are crazy cannibal-esque people there and volcanoes and ice.

Randland it is! I've taken a map (strangely one that you didn't post, the blank white one) and using a projector blew it up on a poster board and traced it by hand and colored it an all. I think I did a pretty good job as far as the balance for a Risk-esqu strategy board. The only problem I had was around Tar Valon and Cairhien. That's the one section that's a little iffy on my map. But it works.

Altarans are the ones with the Marriage Knife hanging around their necks. I'm not altogether sure since it's been a while, but I think everyone wears them, but they only adorn them with gems when they are married. Not sure. The further north (and has anyone noticed that Altara actually curves around north of Ghealdean? on the east side of Garen's Wall?) you go in Altara, the more like Andorans they look and act.

Magic doesn't work in our world, but it does here. So mountains can be any damn way they please. And if its the islands that bother you, then you find somewhere in the world where you have three mountain ranges that form at almost right angles to each other (Mounts of Mist that don't quite touch World's End that run into Mounts of Dhoom that run into Spine of the World/Dragonwall).

It's fantasy, just accept it.