Like it says on the tin. Is it as simple as just having the king of Prussia accept the Frankfurt Parliament's "crown from the gutter"? What about a quick, decisive victory at the First Schleswig War (perhaps with a victory at Dybbøl, a couple months before the armistice of Malmö in August 1848?), is it possible for the Prussians and the rebels from Schleswig-Holstein to present a fait accompli before the other Great Powers intervene on Denmark's behalf?

I assume Austria wouldn't be happy about such a development, so what would it take to distract them before they can interfere in this potential German unification? Could a longer, nastier war in Hungary and Italy suffice?

he king of Prussia accept the Frankfurt Parliament's "crown from the gutter"?
The opposite, as long Prussia have his power the revolt was doomed to fail, otl fwiv didn't care about the revolution and treated like a riot was the Klein states problem , have he care he could have strangled it since day one but he prefered to keep the army at home. You need a Prussia is more an Eastern state( one never loss his third partitions lands?).

Sometime after 1820 or 30?
I had an idea, but it was earlier. My suggestion was going to be to have Bernadotte decline the Swedish throne, and instead it be offered to this guy or his son(s), thereby triggering a Danish succession crisis that could result in a union of Nordic countries.

I had an idea, but it was earlier. My suggestion was going to be to have Bernadotte decline the Swedish throne, and instead it be offered to this guy or his son(s), thereby triggering a Danish succession crisis that could result in a union of Nordic countries.
... What does that have to do with unifying Germany?

The opposite, as long Prussia have his power the revolt was doomed to fail, otl fwiv didn't care about the revolution and treated like a riot was the Klein states problem , have he care he could have strangled it since day one but he prefered to keep the army at home. You need a Prussia is more an Eastern state( one never loss his third partitions lands?).
What if Dybbøl (or some battle before/after) is an even worse defeat rather than a victory (IIRC the Prussian army was in one of its "lethargic" periods until the 1850s), so that Prussia and some German states (Hannover? Nassau/Netherlands?) feeling vulnerable to a new, more powerful Denmark, has a bit of revanchist mood. Some of the North German leaders press FWIV to accept the crown when an Austrian alternative looks "unlikely".

IDK, period isn't really my forte

Like it says on the tin. Is it as simple as just having the king of Prussia accept the Frankfurt Parliament's "crown from the gutter"?

I assume Austria wouldn't be happy about such a development, so what would it take to distract them before they can interfere in this potential German unification? Could a longer, nastier war in Hungary and Italy suffice?
Yes, the simple acceptans would be enough. The smaller states already acceptet the prussian Kaiseer, th Kingdoms (Bavaria, Hannover, Saxony, Wuertenberg) wouldn´t be able
to stand against the joint pressure of Prussia and the National Movement. This all would happen in April 1849. Austria needed till August 1849, to get Hungary and Venice back under controll. Once established, it would be impossible to reverse the german unity without risking a devasting war.

Yes, the simple acceptans would be enough. The smaller states already acceptet the prussian Kaiseer, th Kingdoms (Bavaria, Hannover, Saxony, Wuertenberg) wouldn´t be able
to stand against the joint pressure of Prussia and the National Movement. This all would happen in April 1849. Austria needed till August 1849, to get Hungary and Venice back under controll. Once established, it would be impossible to reverse the german unity without risking a devasting war.
What about France? Would It intervene?

What about France? Would It intervene?
There seemed to be no real agitation in the french public against the Frankfurter offer at this ttime. There is even a french politiccal cartoon, where they make fun on the prussian king for the rejection of the crown. President Bonaparte even offered later the Prussians an alliance.

The revolution needs an army and a backbone. Going in bed with the monarchies was a mistake, but made sense from their perspective.

Or, you could have the Beauharnais candidacy prevail in the Belgian monarch selection, and then hilarity ensue when the July Monarchy falls in France.