What was the southernmost African 'Settlement kingdom' during Roman Times.

mad orc

Banned
During roughly Roman times.

What was the southernmost part of Ethiopia/Northen Kenya that could be technically called a 'Civilisation' , 'Kingdom' or atleast settlement .

Swahili coast had some early settlements but they were coastline trading posts. The transaharan trade wasn't necessarily too strong at this time, but there were settlements around. Remember this is before the Bantu expansions (which were consolidated around 1000ad), so most of Subsaharan africa is still with relatively 'primitive' pygmies and Khoisan.

"At least a settlement" is almost going to show up anywhere with an agricultural society. One village, a leader, and a bit of surrounding lands qualify as that.

As for a kingdom, I don't know any off the top of my head.

Swahili coast had some trading posts, while these do not making a kingdom, these almost never spawn unless there is one big boy to trade with.

mad orc

Banned
"At least a settlement" is almost going to show up anywhere with an agricultural society. One village, a leader, and a bit of surrounding lands qualify as that.

As for a kingdom, I don't know any off the top of my head.

Swahili coast had some trading posts, while these do not making a kingdom, these almost never spawn unless there is one big boy to trade with.
I agree with the one village, one leader philosophy, however if we know he name of that village as used by its natives or neighbours, then it qualifies for me.