What Should The Founding Fathers Have Named Our Nation?

Now, more that 230 years later, Columbia seems like such a short sighted, politically incorrect and unimaginitive name for the community of states we (many of us on this board at least) live in. Several other names were bantied around: Brittica, Yankeelia, Transylmerica and even United States of America (doesn't that sound pompous!). Keeping in mind the ideals and principles our nation was founded upon, what name would you have suggested if you had been part of the decision making process?

Federated Union of States, mayhap?
Sure, pompous and a bit unwieldy, but at least it's completely silent on the location issue, neither specifying it too much, nor implying claim to more areas then what it actually holds. USA, for instance, might be implied as a claim on the SAC's territories.

NomadicSky

Banned
I've thought they should have called in Columbia before myself.
United States of America horrible name for a country.
Canada is Canada
Mexico might be the United States of but it's still Mexico
Every country needs a proper name a real name our country sounds like an international organization. Given the fact that though under the articles of confederation though that made sense.
Under a federal system it doesn't.

If it was Columbia I wonder what Colombia would be named?

If we just went with Columbia, or even simply America, we would have been fine. With such a big name like "United States of America," it is almost asking for an overpowered big government and it imples "control" and "power," thereby limiting our possibilities. Oh well, that's the way my silly brain sees it though.

The Confederate states of America.
We are a confederacy made up of several states and we are located in North America. Why they didn't choose this or something like it boggles my mind. I mean it pretty much explains what we are about.

Morovia. And instead of the title 'president' it should have been 'terror'. Nothing elicits more respect than the Terror of Morovia.:cool:

I've thought they should have called in Columbia before myself.
United States of America horrible name for a country.
Canada is Canada
Mexico might be the United States of but it's still Mexico
Every country needs a proper name a real name our country sounds like an international organization. Given the fact that though under the articles of confederation though that made sense.
Under a federal system it doesn't.

If it was Columbia I wonder what Colombia would be named?
Cundinamarca.

(By the way, I think this is a double-blind.)