What should my next timeline be?

What should my next timeline be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VVD0D95

Banned
What you say is true but if everytime we have a good king then is followed by a bad rulers than the work of king like Henry II, Henry V and Edward I of England and Edward III of England was always under mind by bad rulers. In the case of King John we can agree he was dealt a bad hand.
Sorry are you saying good kings are followed by bad kings all the time or?

What you say is true but if everytime we have a good king then is followed by a bad rulers than the work of king like Henry II, Henry V and Edward I of England and Edward III of England was always under mind by bad rulers. In the case of King John we can agree he was dealt a bad hand.

John would have a lot better reign if he didn't have to deal with his idiotic, undiplomatic, self-grandiousing brother who got himself captured by pissing of virtually everyone in his general vicinity and having to deal with the chaos that ensued by the enormous ransom it took to free the gigantic prat who rather promptly got himself shot by some random person and died. Of course, having Philip Augustus breathing down his neck and dismembering the Angevin inheritance like a rapatious wolf (what a bonafide boss that man was) didn't help. And the Isabella of Agloumene disaster didn't help him. But he had a lot of bad things against him.

VVD0D95

Banned
By looking at the English monarchy we seem to have bad luck when it comes to king but on the bright side we have never had Ivar the terrible.
Ehh I’d disagree, in the case or Edward ii yes we had a bad king, but really other than that we seem to have done alright.

Ehh I’d disagree, in the case or Edward ii yes we had a bad king, but really other than that we seem to have done alright.
I believe wethers a king is good or bad depends on what criteria we use for me it is weather he keeps good laws, prevents nobility from killing each other, and his ability to wage war successfully. Just thought of two other possible time lines is that Edward the confessor leaves a daughter or a son to rule England which could bless to a five way war between Harold Godwin, Tistic Godwin, harald hardrada, William the bastard and a supposed child of Edward the confessor lest call home athelstan II of England. The other ideas is that Stephan I of England dies with the wight ship leaving empress Matilda I of England it's first Queen and seeing how 20 years of peace effect England v rather than 20-years of anarchy.

VVD0D95

Banned
I believe wethers a king is good or bad depends on what criteria we use for me it is weather he keeps good laws, prevents nobility from killing each other, and his ability to wage war successfully. Just thought of two other possible time lines is that Edward the confessor leaves a daughter or a son to rule England which could bless to a five way war between Harold Godwin, Tistic Godwin, harald hardrada, William the bastard and a supposed child of Edward the confessor lest call home athelstan II of England. The other ideas is that Stephan I of England dies with the wight ship leaving empress Matilda I of England it's first Queen and seeing how 20 years of peace effect England v rather than 20-years of anarchy.
Edward leaves a legitimate son, that son is the king of England, no war.

Edward leaves a legitimate son, that son is the king of England, no war.
True but it would not make a good story if everyone is singing kumbaya with that stated if there was a doughter thing my turn out differently but there also was Edward the confessor great nephew to consider.

VVD0D95

Banned
True but it would not make a good story if everyone is singing kumbaya with that stated if there was a doughter thing my turn out differently but there also was Edward the confessor great nephew to consider.
Indeed and yet there can still be drama from Edward having a legitimate son

Indeed and yet there can still be drama from Edward having a legitimate son
There could be developed ment where Edward the confessor son restore more power to the crown because of his power full vassils and there is still harald hardrada to contend with.

Was Henry III really that bad/incompetent? He always struck me as the sort of dude who managed to semi stabilize a shit show, then the shit show struck back?
He definitely left a rich enough realm for his son to
A) Conquer Wales.
B) Semi subdue Scotland
C) Crusade
D) Make war on France for a short time.

VVD0D95

Banned
Was Henry III really that bad/incompetent? He always struck me as the sort of dude who managed to semi stabilize a shit show, then the shit show struck back?
He definitely left a rich enough realm for his son to
A) Conquer Wales.
B) Semi subdue Scotland
C) Crusade
D) Make war on France for a short time.
He was okay, he did allow some
Of his nobles to become too powerful and was forced to let that shit show or a parliament form

VVD0D95

Banned
Looks like mary is going to be the next timeline, so when shohld
It start? 1524 with the death of the duchess of Albany or later?