What should my next timeline be?

What should my next timeline be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would be interesting to see how Richard reacts to this. Even if didn't care about the rest as much as he did about Aquitaine, I don't think he'd be happy to see John get the lion's share. Also curious to see what effect suddenly going from landless youngest son to king would have upon John's mind.

So....a very small timeframe
Time frame could go from John to let's say to his Great Grand son also we would have a very different Henry iii of England because he would have learned from his father on what a king should and should not do. I can think of Edward the first of England which he learned not to be too cruel like his grandfather and not to soft like his father because we can learn from other people's failures and other people's successes. All depends on weather you believe King John having the English Crown in 1189 would lead to a better out come for England also the possibility off the English crown divorced from France might lead to stay at home kings of England looking to Wales and Scotland for land and Conquest.

VVD0D95

Banned
Time frame could go from John to let's say to his Great Grand son also we would have a very different Henry iii of England because he would have learned from his father on what a king should and should not do. I can think of Edward the first of England which he learned not to be too cruel like his grandfather and not to soft like his father because we can learn from other people's failures and other people's successes. All depends on weather you believe King John having the English Crown in 1189 would lead to a better out come for England also the possibility off the English crown divorced from France might lead to stay at home kings of England looking to Wales and Scotland for land and Conquest.
I was more referring to time frame for henrh to do any of this. And Scotland isn’t going to be conquered nor without chaos

Would be interesting to see how Richard reacts to this. Even if didn't care about the rest as much as he did about Aquitaine, I don't think he'd be happy to see John get the lion's share. Also curious to see what effect suddenly going from landless youngest son to king would have upon John's mind.
I do believe that's the Anjouan Empire in France was a lot more richer than the English crown the Crown just gave Dukes from William the conqueror the ability to speak to the King in France equal speaking terms but it also courses friction between the Franch Kings of England because they have lands in France.

I was more referring to time frame for henrh to do any of this. And Scotland isn’t going to be conquered nor without chaos
Very true I do not believe King John had the ability to do that to Scotland but Wales would be different because Wales is politically divided and therefore esayer to take. I also believe that wars with the Welsh and Scots lead to the English army's being able to defeat the Franch at Cracy and Ashancourt. This because of the reforms introduce by Edward the first of England and I believe these reforms could have been done by more experienced King John and a different Henry iii of England. I find the premise of reforms being carried out earlier interesting if English king where better at war because the country spent a lot of the 12 and 13 century being politically unstable and a laughing stock.

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
Very true I do not believe King John had the ability to do that to Scotland but Wales would be different because Wales is politically divided and therefore esayer to take. I also believe that wars with the Welsh and Scots lead to the English army's being able to defeat the Franch at Cracy and Ashancourt. This because of the reforms introduce by Edward the first of England and I believe these reforms could have been done by more experienced King John and a different Henry iii of England. I find the premise of reforms being carried out earlier interesting if English king where better at war because the country spent a lot of the 13 and 14 century being politically unstable and a laughing stock.
Ah I see and they didn’t really spend much of the 14th cneuryd beinf unstable, not when Edward iii took the throne

Ah I see and they didn’t really spend much of the 14th cneuryd beinf unstable, not when Edward iii took the throne
I think he meant late 14th century, what wit Richard II being under a regency, the peasant revolt, the lords apellant, and Bolingbroke usurpung.

I ment 12 and 13 centurys because of King John and Richard the Lionheart weakening the English crown, the regency of Henry iii of England and being an weak king you could argue between the Deaths of Henry I and Henry Ii of England the next great king was Edward the first of England and then we have a bad king with his son Edward ii of England. I believe that the promplems with the English monarchy is that we have more bad kings after bad king if you look after the Capets 987 to 1328 there was a good dynasty being on of Europe's greatest dynasties.

VVD0D95

Banned
I ment 12 and 13 centurys because of King John and Richard the Lionheart weakening the English crown, the regency of Henry iii of England and being an weak king you could argue between the Deaths of Henry I and Henry Ii of England the next great king was Edward the first of England and then we have a bad king with his son Edward ii of England. I believe that the promplems with the English monarchy is that we have more bad kings after bad king if you look after the Capets 987 to 1328 there was a good dynasty being on of Europe's greatest dynasties.
Ehh, Henry I, Henry II, kionheart was a good commander, John inherited a shit show but good e been good. Edward I, Edward III, Richard II was okay, Henry IV was okay, V was good, VI was bad, Edward IV was good, Richard iii was eh, Henry VII was good, Henry VIII was alright, Mary was alright, Liz was good. Not too bad

Ehh, Henry I, Henry II, kionheart was a good commander, John inherited a shit show but good e been good. Edward I, Edward III, Richard II was okay, Henry IV was okay, V was good, VI was bad, Edward IV was good, Richard iii was eh, Henry VII was good, Henry VIII was alright, Mary was alright, Liz was good. Not too bad
William the conqueror good, William Rufus bad, Henry I of England good, Stephan and Matilda bad, Henry Ii good, Richard I of England good at war had as king betrayed his father what on crusade and was ransom, King John bad, Henry iii of England weak, Edward the first of England good, Edward ii of England bad, Edward iii of England and Edward the Black Prince are good, Richard II of England bad, Henry IV ragin was a disaster because of rebellions and his usurping of Richard II, Henry V good, Henry Vi mad, Edward IV of England good and bad, Richard iii is rain was too short to tell, Henry Vii England good, Henry VIII bad.

VVD0D95

Banned
William the conqueror good, William Rufus bad, Henry I of England good, Stephan and Matilda bad, Henry Ii good, Richard I of England good at war had as king betrayed his father what on crusade and was ransom, King John bad, Henry iii of England weak, Edward the first of England good, Edward ii of England bad, Edward iii of England and Edward the Black Prince are good, Richard II of England bad, Henry IV ragin was a disaster because of rebellions and his usurping of Richard II, Henry V good, Henry Vi mad, Edward IV of England good and bad, Richard iii is rain was too short to tell, Henry Vii England good, Henry VIII bad.
Eh Henry managed to keep some on his side, and Henry ViIi wasn’t all that bad

Eh Henry managed to keep some on his side, and Henry ViIi wasn’t all that bad
I always think of Henry VIII in the last ten years of his life and always come ber my English kings to Henri i, Henry Ii and Henry V as well as Edward I and Edward III of England I know it is not fair but if you comber I like to comber to the best.

VVD0D95

Banned
I always think of Henry VIII in the last ten years of his life and always come ber my English kings to Henri i, Henry Ii and Henry V as well as Edward I and Edward III of England I know it is not fair but if you comber I like to comber to the best.
I see tbf they did have some pretty good kings

I see tbf they did have some pretty good kings
What you say is true but if everytime we have a good king then is followed by a bad rulers than the work of good king like Henry II, Henry V and Edward I of England and Edward III of England was always under mind by bad rulers. In the case of King John we can agree he was dealt a bad hand.

Last edited: