What should my next timeline be?

What should my next timeline be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would definitely be better for Mary, but it will change many things. One major change could be her religion. If she was raised in Scotland she might be much more drawn to protestantism, which would radically change a lot.

VVD0D95

Banned
It would definitely be better for Mary, but it will change many things. One major change could be her religion. If she was raised in Scotland she might be much more drawn to protestantism, which would radically change a lot.

Hmm, assuming Knox still takes hold, if James V lives longer, Knox may end up dead

Indeed, that's what I'm ruminating on. Debating on whether I should have James V survive for longer, and thus see Mary married somewhere elsewhere than France, or have her engaged to a son of the Duke of Albany rather than France.

With Albany having a son for Mary to marry or?
Careful with that. Scotland follow semi-Salic succession so if Albany had a son that son (Alexander/James/John?) would be King after James V in place of Mary

VVD0D95

Banned
Careful with that. Scotland follow semi-Salic succession so if Albany had a son that son (Alexander/James/John?) would be King after James V in place of Mary
Indeed this is true, tho Mary would still be in line to englsnd, and he’ll that may make her more palatable to the English

Indeed this is true, tho Mary would still be in line to englsnd, and he’ll that may make her more palatable to the English
Well she would still likely be Queen (Consort) of Scotland as is unlikely who Albany’s son (or grandson if the boy is born from his OTL wedding) can get a much better wedding

She could marry Eddie, but they don't get too well each other and good old Bothwell happens to be at hand and then the proverbial matter hits the fan and the fun starts.

Maybe if the Scottish nobles would want to avoid having Scotland be a junior partner in a personal union with France? That would prevent her from being engaged to him to begin with