Here's a question for yall, if the republican union was a faction in the civilization games, what would its unique perk/trait be?
Probably a military boost of some kind.

I think for the leaders in Civ IV it'd be something like
Abraham Lincoln (Imperailistic, Organized)
George Custer (Imperialistic, Aggressive)
Joe Steele (Aggressive, Expansive)
Charles Oswald (Expansive, Charismatic)

Here's a question for yall, if the republican union was a faction in the civilization games, what would its unique perk/trait be?
Manifest Destiny:
All diplomatic policy slots in the current government are converted to wildcard slots. +1 combat strength for every wildcard slot in the current government (similar to GS's usa, but exchange diplo favor for combat strength)
or (possibly one is a leader bonus?)
The Prophet Burr:
Automatically receives the final Great Prophet when the next-to-last one is claimed (unless one has already been earned through other means). +5 combat strength when fighting in a city that has a different religion. -1 amenity per religion that is not your majority or founded religion in one of your cities. (mixing arabia's ability, with an inverse crusade belief, and a bit of a challenge to keep any other religion out of your cities)

unique unit:
redemption legion:
unlocked at gunpowder, replaces the musketman, -1 population in city that it was recruited from, -2 loyalty if garrisoned in one of your cities. +5 combat strength if adjacent to any other units that you own, other than a redemption legion, +1 movement in land not owned by you, +2 if in enemy land, suffers no morale penalty if wounded. (aka the janissary mixed with samurai mixed with an inverse great general. might be too op, idk)

unique building:
american fundamentalist church:
+1 faith, gold, and production per citizen following your religion in the city, must be placed by the city center. +1 loyalty for your city for each original capital captured by you. +3 great work slots (religious and relic only). only can have 1 in each city. no tourism is gained from this improvement. (essentially a mix of the rock-hewn church, open air theatre, and monastery, except probably extremely broken if not for the fact that its 1 per city, the limited placement, and no tourism. but its the newsies, why would you go for a culture victory)

idk if this is like balanced at all, i just wrote what sounded fitting tbh

We've had Civ IV and Civ VI versions made, but here's my view on a Civ V RU.

UA: Hail Jev!
+1% Growth for each citizen following your religion in a city. May not make declarations of friendship with nations of differing religions.

UU: Immolator
Replaces the inquisitor. Halves the population of a city, but immediately gives it a 100% temporary growth boost (length depends on game speed)

UB: Rounders Field
Replaces the stadium. Happiness from this building is now global, instead of local. If this building is sold, the most powerful melee unit currently researched appears in the city the building was sold in.

Last edited:
Expanded Universe thread has one occurring in the hypothetical "Modern Madness" world. This forced the government of the NUSA to invest much more in scientific research in an attempt to mitigate the crisis, and it also undid the almost free-love Oswaldian sexual mores. It led to a more Steelist culture IIRC.
Could you give me a link to that thread and that AU by any chance?

o33t3k6snp3b1.png

C L A C K A M A S
A holiday where Andrew Jackson brings guns and whiskey to good little Cokies, while deporting ungoochy little mischief makers to the abyssal realms of Oklahoma.

The Carolina of the Oswald Era is almost certainly going to be Mayberry on steroids. If anything, they'll enforce that sort of down-home, simple ways atmosphere to contrast with their increasingly insane and depraved neighbors. The Virtuemen are going to be working overtime to ensure "public decency."

The Carolina of the Oswald Era is almost certainly going to be Mayberry on steroids. If anything, they'll enforce that sort of down-home, simple ways atmosphere to contrast with their increasingly insane and depraved neighbors. The Virtuemen are going to be working overtime to ensure "public decency."
Is it just me or does virtueman seriously sound like the brand name of a line of "personal devices"

Virgin Oswaldian degeneracy vs. Chad Carolinian virtue

Just imagine living in a NUSA-Cackalacky border town.

Its only a matter of time before Oswald in his insanity becomes paranoid and tries to backstab the Carolinas...
Oh man I can see the NUSA backstabbing the Carolinas and overrunning the American lands, but Gamble sets up a new nightmarish regime in exile in the African colonies.

Man, all of this talk of CoCaro. getting backstabbed makes me dread what will happen to CoCorea once their only friend and ally is reduced to an African rump state. Perhaps the same fate as in Classic aka getting violently invaded and annexed by the Yankees?

Man, all of this talk of CoCaro. getting backstabbed makes me dread what will happen to CoCorea once their only friend and ally is reduced to an African rump state. Perhaps the same fate as in Classic aka getting violently invaded and annexed by the Yankees?

Or maybe they'll become an ultra militaristic, paranoid state, with a technologically advanced army and secret service.