I suspect the Irish have implemented an aggressive (well, even more aggressive then previous) shoot on sight policy for anything coming from the direction of England to contain any possible contamination

I suspect the Irish have implemented an aggressive (well, even more aggressive then previous) shoot on sight policy for anything coming from the direction of England to contain any possible contamination
This brings another question: what is happening in Northen Ireland? Has the legimate BU's governent (or what is left of it) fled there or did the Irish just invade the place?

This brings another question: what is happening in Northen Ireland? Has the legimate BU's governent (or what is left of it) fled there or did the Irish just invade the place?
That's a legit question there, there are 4 ways I can imagine for North Ireland's future :
a. A puppet BU government propped by NUSA
b. Annexed directly by the NUSA
c. Annexed directly by Ireland (reverse Troubles incoming !)
d. The crazy way by @Murica1776 , Carolina-in-Ulster !

Welp, rest in peace, Ireland after the good fight in the Great World War. Maybe time for a New Ireland ? But where ?
The island of New Ireland, of course. Might be too close to Australia, though.

As for who gets screwed by Maddie - Norway will get pretty hard hit due to prevailing winds as well.

Last edited:
Maddie is definitely going to smash Ireland like a freight train. It was intended to screw everyone.
I remember you saying it would have (give or take a few 10s of thousands since I assume it would be hard to exactly estimate population numbers in universe) 500,000 people left in the Discord. You never clarified if that was for the COUNTRY of Ireland or the entire island, but given you cited the OTL population numbers of the Republic of Ireland for comparison I assume you meant the country, and the whole Island would have slightly more than that.

However, for a number of reasons Northern Ireland probably isn’t that many more people to that total given its history up until Maddie TTL. First of all there’s the fact that during the GWW they expelled (and presumably killed anyone who resisted this or couldn’t leave) the ethnic Irish and Catholic population when the BU invaded, with genocidal intent towards the whole island. Given that the portion of the population of Northern Ireland identifying as “Irish” (only or alongside other nationalities/ethnic groups) in OTL is 33.3%, and it’s Catholic population is 45.7%, that would mean if we followed OTL numbers it killed or expelled something like half its population during the GWW. However, TTL Northern Ireland was part of the united Kingdom of Ireland from 1814 until 1912, almost 100 years, which was an Irish Catholic centric state, and no doubt a lot of the Protestants immigrated elsewhere or converted during that time, which would increase the Catholic and Irish share of the population a lot up until the GWW. This means it’s probably even more than half of the North Irish population expelled or killed during the BU’s invasion. But then the Chemical Weapons and Anthrax of the GWW which was so vicious in the area would have devastated it even more and forced even more of the remaining population to flee or die. Then we know afterwords that the region was poor and reliant on fishing for the rest of Brittania, and that a lot of people were leaving, all of which would have contributed to a much lower Northern Irish population than OTL, so I see it adding at most 50,000 people to the total population of Ireland.

Anyway, given Ireland’s importance to Europan control in the Atlantic and North Sea after the loss of all its other holdings in the North Sea such as the Northern Rheinbund (Recall what King Dominic said to Caesar in Chapter 62 to see how important it is to Europa strategically)
“Dominic was very serious when he told his cousin Caesar that "If Ireland falls, all is lost. The Cromwellites will have control of the Atlantic and the Empire will be crippled, if it somehow survives a treaty."
and previous comments by Napo about some small ideologically aligned survivor states being propped up by and dependent on foreign powers in the aftermath of Maddie in the discord (such as Scotland), I think the most likely scenario for Ireland is that there is still some semblance of a Kingdom of Ireland, which does “annex” whatever is left of the North in order to secure full control over the island, but it’s a shadow of its former self that survives entirely on the basis of Europa feeding its population (which can’t feed itself because the Anthrax tainted all the soil), having part of its military deployed there to protect its naval bases and the remnants of its major cities, and basically just serving as a giant Europan Naval Base to prevent Loomie Scotland or any remaining American fascist puppet states from blocking Europan access to the North Sea. In reality almost everyone is dead or fled, but on paper the small pockets of survivors in the cities protected by Europan troops (often foreign legionnaires like the Libyans) are an Irish “state” which has “survived”. Maybe there’s to some extent eventually a reclamation effort to clean up the Anthrax and make Ireland livable for people, animals and crops again which is more advanced than any equivalent by the ramshackle survivor states in England and Wales (although perhaps to an equal extent as Loomie Scotland), but such a thing would be halfhearted at best when Europa has to focus on feeding Mainland France and keeping its empire together so the resources are needed elsewhere.

A lot of the now impoverished Irish refugee diaspora probably ends up in France and/or Spain as refugees who will slowly assimilate into the blend of cultures of mainland Europa with their own contributions. But those who want to hold onto their culture or want to find better opportunities to rebuild their lives than those available on the mainland and for obvious reasons can’t go back to an Ireland which can barely feed its remaining population as it is? I see a ton of them going to the remaining Europan colonies, especially veterans of the GWW or their sons-particularly, North Africa. In OTL France thoroughly settled costal Algeria (which it considered part of the French metropole rather than a colony) and that’s what became the Pied-Nors, and there were a lot of French and Italian settlers in Tunisia (and Italians in Libya). These areas are both rich in oil and more importantly have some of the last fertile land in the Europan Empire that’s directly controlled by Europa (rather than India, which is quasi independent although still in association with Europa and, well probably happy to sell its produce to Europe, are also more then likely going to price gouge for it), and likely already have settled populations-so where better to resettle a million or so Irish refugees than in Algeria and Tunisia (the latest chapter indicates Libya at least seems loyal, so they probably aren’t settling anywhere near as many people there compared to OTL). This both makes logical sense and is massively cursed: GAELO-ARAB ALGERIA.

It would also be kind of funny if what’s left of Ireland became Loomie like Scotland and they suddenly had to pretend they didn’t hate eachother’s guts after the last century of enmity so they can keep getting that foreign aid though. But that’s less likely.

Last edited:
It would also be kind of funny if what’s left of Ireland became Loomie like Scotland and they suddenly had to pretend they didn’t hate eachother’s guts after the last century of enmity so they can keep getting that foreign aid though.
"WE FUCKING HATE THE ENGLISH" is a good way to bury the hatchet

"WE FUCKING HATE THE ENGLISH" is a good way to bury the hatchet
Maybe in OTL, but TTL the last century has been filled with a lot more conflict between the two than in real life during this time period. Fort Scotia was Europan up until the GWW specifically as a buffer because of the crazy amount of ethnoreligious violence that erupted between the Protestant Scottish and the Irish after Napoleon broke up the UK. Don’t forget-Scotland went Fascist before England did, then helped support the rise of Fascism in England, and then joined the BU willingly when a huge part of the BU’s platform was wiping out the Irish and conquering Ireland and Wales. Literally one of the first things the BU did in the chapter where it formed was this:
Chapter 62
The Charter of the Land

”Between December, 1911, to February 20, 1912, over sixty thousand people of mostly Irish descent were either thrown into work camps or shipped back to Ireland, even if it had been generations since the families had last lived there.”
Essentially the BU had its own version of cleansing month against the Irish living in Great Britain, including in Scotland. THEN there was the genocide in Northern Ireland, where Scottish troops no doubt played a part. Neither of which are things the Irish are likely going to be quick to forgive. Meanwhile from the Scottish perspective the Irish ”betrayed” Britain to sell out to France in 1814 and then persecuted their co religionists in Northern Ireland, many of whom are of Scottish descent, for almost a century. Then when they did the invasion they gassed not just Scottish troops, but also field nurses and medical staff, and anthrax which was being transported by Europa to the Irish front was released in the Channel, which is part of what devastated the BU economy. Both of them have ample reason to hate eachother, and even if they both reject religion and become Illuminists, over a century of ethnic conflict and genocide isn’t going to just go away.

This bit from WMIT 1.0 always bothered me.
The junta faced severe problems, however. Chief of these was the large amount of Imperial loyalists who believed it immoral and a rejection of God's will to murder or execute a monarch, no matter the reason. When some of the loyalists announced they were going to Karelia to declared a counter-revolution centered around Czar Viktor's only child Catherine. She shocked the world, though, by fleeing to Prussia and rejecting all offers of the throne. She said that the monarchy had run its course and had eaten itself alive and did not deserve to exist. Impressed, the junta sought to bring about peace by putting forward an offer to become Russia's first Prime Minister, a mainly ceremonial role that would be hereditary. A yet-to-be-elected President would be the real leader. She accepted, and an uneasy truce began to form in Karelia. Sporadic fighting still continued for years, but the Imperials knew their cause was lost.
Maybe I'm just too used to OTL parliamentary republics, but the idea of the prime minister being the figurehead and the president doing the actual governing feels weird to me. I thought "Supreme Protector of the Republic" or something similar-sounding would be a more suitable title since the Romanovs' position there is basically a ceremonial monarch in all but name.

This bit from WMIT 1.0 always bothered me.

Maybe I'm just too used to OTL parliamentary republics, but the idea of the prime minister being the figurehead and the president doing the actual governing feels weird to me. I thought "Supreme Protector of the Republic" or something similar-sounding would be a more suitable title since the Romanovs' position there is basically a ceremonial monarch in all but name.
Well it was written way back in 2013 when Napo was 16, so there’s bound to be a lot of early-installment weirdness (especially given all the other unrealistic stuff in 1.0 that isn’t present in the Redux, such as the quick and easy conquest of South America).

Last edited:
A3F5E900-7327-48CF-9912-5BA000EE9585.png

A Russian once said to an American, "Here in Russia, we are all equals; I can go to the Kremlin, pound on the Equal Citizen's desk, and tell him, 'Mr Maximovich, I don't like the way you're running this country."
The American said, "Well, I can do that too."
"You can?", asked the Russian.
"Yep, I can walk into the presidential manor in Philadelphia, pound on President Oswald's desk, and tell him, 'Mr. President, I don't like the way Equal Citizen Maximovich is running his country'."

- Common joke in the IPRR
I just find this while i was seeing YT.