View attachment 601006
Flag of South Carolina

View attachment 601009
Flag of North Carolina

View attachment 601010
Flag of the Carolinian Corridor (Scottish influence from 40% Scottish homesteader population).

View attachment 601016
Flag of the Confederation Navy

View attachment 601013
Flag of Jacksonland

View attachment 601014
Flag of Yonderland

View attachment 601015
Banner of the Chancellor

Flag of West Carolina is almost done, and then I'll do East Carolina, and whatever other island or what have you they have. I will also do one for Gamblesia, which will be a placeholder for whatever other batshit holding they claim in the future. I find the idea of some broken nation-state in the 2000s experiencing its fiftieth coup that week being named after a dude named Johnny Gamble hilarious.

I love using the crescent obsession of the antebellum south from OTL as inspiration. Such an odd thing to see on a Western flag. Note the other flags have rising suns. CoCaro must be fond of astronomy and astrology. Feel free to pitch ideas.

Think of this TL as a video game. Think of the forthcoming storyline as a Cokie Expansion Pack DLC. Lol

Fun fact: the crescent obsession kicked off because that particular kind of crescent, with the horns off to the right, was an old heraldic symbol for the younger sons of the Anglo-Saxon/British aristocracy. All the legit aristocrats that settled in the South were third, fourth, etc sons who wouldn't have gotten jack shit if they stayed home. Afterwards, it was appropriated as part of the aristocratic fetish.

As far as astronomy and astrology, I shall post some ideas shortly.

Fun fact: the crescent obsession kicked off because that particular kind of crescent, with the horns off to the right, was an old heraldic symbol for the younger sons of the Anglo-Saxon/British aristocracy. All the legit aristocrats that settled in the South were third, fourth, etc sons who wouldn't have gotten jack shit if they stayed home. Afterwards, it was appropriated as part of the aristocratic fetish.

As far as astronomy and astrology, I shall post some ideas shortly.

Wow, so in other words it's a perfect Madness symbol. Lol

Also, in today's episode of Madness bleeding into reality: My locker wall at my job is branded "PINNACLE STORAGE PRODUCTS" on every door and lock. 😂

Wow, so in other words it's a perfect Madness symbol. Lol

Also, in today's episode of Madness bleeding into reality: My locker wall at my job is branded "PINNACLE STORAGE PRODUCTS" on every door and lock. 😂
Forget the space force, its time the Union goes interdimensional!

Because I am a quirky ironic rascal with a sense of humor dated to somewhere around 1970, I wear a 1960 Nixon button on my vest at work (Walgreens). Today, an old man comes in to drop off a FedEx order. He saw the button and started chatting. Turns out he was Nixon's bodyguard on several occasions, including in the USSR.

90 year old me, sitting in a nursing home in 2085: "I once shook hands with a guy who guarded Richard Nixon."

"Who was that, Grandpa Napo?"

"He could bomb the hell out of Cambodia. Plus he rescued ol' Chuck Oswald from Colombia back in '38."

"That's good, grandpa. Please take your meds."

*starts screaming about Infees and the trees speaking Brazilian as I roll around the old folks home in a fantasy ORRA uniform*

*Then I log onto AlternateHistory.com to begin Vol XXI* lmao

Last edited:
Because I am a quirky ironic rascal with a sense of humor dated to somewhere around 1970, I wear a 1960 Nixon button on my vest at work (Walgreens). Today, an old man comes in to drop off a FedEx order. He saw the button and started chatting. Turns out he was Nixon's bodyguard on several occasions, including in the USSR.

90 year old me, sitting in a nursing home in 2085: "I once shook hands with a guy who guarded Richard Nixon."

"He could bomb the hell out of Cambodia. Plus he rescued ol' Chuck Oswald from Colombia back in '38."

*starts screaming about Infees and the trees speaking Brazilian as I roll around the old folks home in a fantasy ORRA uniform*

Huh. A good friend of mine was a naval electrical engineer during Korea before he became a preacher and later a truck driver. He actually ended up preaching in a church down in Arizona in the 70's where one of church council members was a corrupt that bugged his fellow church members. Needless to say my friend didn't stay long there...

Interesting.

The one Nixon story I have is that my (otherwise lifelong Democrat) grandmother's secret shame was backing Nixon over JFK in 1960.

I just realized how easily the Zimbabwe Bird on Jacksonland's flag could be made to look like a vulture. *Rubs hands* I know what I'm doing later lol.

That seems a hint the 2000s aren't precisely going to be known for it's stability. As for the NUSA, I'm thinking of Yeltsin's Russia on steroids.

Forgot to reply to this: some of my little comments are actual teasers, and others are just shooting the breeze or even me not having decided yet.

Which it is is always up for conjecture. Lol And the routes I take are going to surprise a LOT of people.

Last edited:
jacksonland black2.png

Vulture accomplished. Can't believe I never thought of it ages ago.

That's some good flag

Thank you, sire.

gambley.png

I doth present West Carolina (Tennessee). I've shown the heart being a fascist symbol in this TL a few times in the past, plus I was inspired by the OTL Carpenter of Cassville, Goergia, CSA flag proposal that looked like a weird quilt with a heart on it (shudders over Confederate taste in flags). I imagine West Carolinians would claim the heart represents their kindness, hospitality and generosity, and also the pride they have in being Cokie.

The layout is based on Mississippi's new 2020 state flag, representing the Mississippi River, which still works just dandy for Tennessee and was what their reward was for fighting against their Southron neighbors in the Great American War.

Last edited:
That sigil honestly looks like it belong to some fantasy "Arabian Nights" inspired setting LoL! Well that... and a turkey!

I'm really enjoying using the crescent as one of the unifying themes. As I said before it's interesting to subvert expectations and have it become such an "American" symbol. As for the bird, it was actually a former symbol of Haiti that looks an awful lot like a buzzard to me, so it made my job easy. lol

EDIT: I found out it was originally supposed to be a phoenix. I thought it was an eagle in a nest, so I am apparently dense. lmao How about a Cokie Buzzard Phoenix, rising from the ashes of the Great World War? lol

Last edited:
That seems a hint the 2000s aren't precisely going to be known for it's stability. As for the NUSA, I'm thinking of Yeltsin's Russia on steroids.
The way I see it, not only is every nation, ideology, ethnicity, and religion, a parody of every worse aspect of that nation and ideology and religion, but also every decade Is a worse parody of that decade. So expect the 1980s to be a time where the economic clans and other countries versions of corporations to enter 1980s action movie mega-corporation turn up to 11. And the 2000s to be the worse of otl 2000s turn up to 11.

It's from a parody channel. Don't worry! lol I sadly know what you're talking about, though.
Thank goodness. For a moment there I thought they were being dead serious. It's kind of chilling to realize that absurd statements and absurd actions are becoming the norm. It's like that joke in South Park: we let the joke go on for too long, and we became the punchline...

I am a few thousand words into the next update and lemme tell ya, it's gonna be great.

Portrait of Evil: The Story of Big Bill Jennings.

It's got world buildings deets about CoCaro, Africa, the Great World War, shipwrecks, spies, mad science, and much much more. Lol