The theme song of President Charles Oswald

I just can't make it all alone
I really should be holding you
Holding you

Loving you, loving you

-President Oswald singing to the Nuclear Football as if it were a lover, July 4th, 1976

1602437761040.png

Chuck Oswald greets the Prophet Graham at the Executive Mansion, 1961, colorized.

Just watched the Grand Tour on Amazon (car show), and they had a segment on how in the 60's-70's, Ford in Britain made a whole bunch of models of their Cortina family sedan because lots of employers used to give them as a part of people's salaries (to dodge income taxes). Salesmen would get a baseline, supervisors a slightly nicer one, and then nicer and nicer on up to the Executive models. As a result, they became big class/status symbols depending on which model you had. Everything about it just screamed Pinnacle Future to me.

Last edited:
I really need to watch Clone High.

Still alive guys! I'm just finishing reading a couple books. I just finished Chameleo: A Strange but True Story of Invisible Spies, Heroin Addiction, and Homeland Security, by Robery Guffey. It's given me TONS of inspiration for the coming NUSA surveillance system.

I really need to watch Clone High.

Still alive guys! I'm just finishing reading a couple books. I just finished Chameleo: A Strange but True Story of Invisible Spies, Heroin Addiction, and Homeland Security, by Robery Guffey. It's given me TONS of inspiration for the coming NUSA surveillance system.
It really is worth a watch. If you just want to focus on JFK there's a big montage of his entire role in the season

View attachment 589871
Chuck Oswald greets the Prophet Graham at the Executive Mansion, 1961, colorized.
Headcannon: The NUSA does end up cloning Chuck Oswald who despite being just as much as a horndog and jerk jock as his "old man" is actually a far nicer and decent human being. Though the doctors can't decide if it's because he was raised in a stable, loving environment or if he's an idoit, incapable of grasping even the simplest concepts of pinnacle fluids...

Last edited:

Ficboy

Banned
Regardless on how What Madness Is This Redux ends it will be very unique and something we did not expect. Napoleon53 is probably going to move on from his magnum opus and focus on potential other timelines.

Typical day at the office in the Republican Union
Regardless on how What Madness Is This Redux ends it will be very unique and something we did not expect. Napoleon53 is probably going to move on from his magnum opus and focus on potential other timelines.
I would honestly love to see Napo's take on science fiction considering how big of a fan Star Wars he is and how it was influenced by classic war movies and westerns. I feel like a lot of his timeliness get abandoned before they can fully come into their own Wars Pigs, I Saw the Light, The Pill Mill Chronicles, The Island of Madness etc.

I hope so, I still kind of miss "Pay the Bonus" but I can understand if he needs a break from dystopias for a bit after this...
Maybe he can relaunch "I Saw the Light" (Elvis survives his OTL death and becomes Reagan's VP in 1980) or get around to actually making his President Al Smith TL...?

Since today is Columbus Day, how is Columbus viewed by the RU? On one hand, brought Christianity and genocide to the natives, but on the other he was a papist Italian.

Maybe they’ll claim that he was actually English, since much of his early life is a mystery to us. Hell, they could even do the same with some other conquistadors. “Hernán Cortes? I think you mean Patriot-Saint Herman Carter, patron of New Canaan!”

Last edited:

Ficboy

Banned
Since today is Columbus Day, how is Columbus viewed by the RU? On one hand, brought Christianity and genocide to the natives, but on the other he was a papist Italian.
I think it would be very complicated to say the least. Even though Columbus was an Italian Catholic from Genoa he was responsible for the European colonization of the New World and nearly everything derived from it. Alternatively if he isn't celebrated in the Republican Union of America then they would choose Leif Erikson given that he is not Catholic and was the first European to discover the new continent not to mention his Nordic blood.

Maybe they’ll claim that he was actually English, since much of his early life is a mystery to us. Hell, they could even do the same with some other conquistadors. “Hernán Cortes? I think you mean Patriot-Saint Herman Carter, patron of New Canaan!”
There was a post with Union Holidays in Redux, and it said Columbus Day was replaced with Leif Erikson Day /"Scandinavian-American Heritage Pride Day" because Columbus was too 'INFEEEEE!!!!!!' for them.

Last edited: