PNWKing

Banned
Getting a Falun Gong owned newspaper that was ranting about China starting the coronavirus in the mail. ("The Epoch Times") At this point, I feel like I'm getting AFC material (as in material for @Napoleon53 to use for the AFC.)

Getting a Falun Gong owned newspaper that was ranting about China starting the coronavirus in the mail. ("The Epoch Times") At this point, I feel like I'm getting AFC material (as in material for @Napoleon53 to use for the AFC.)
We already had the RU Government use Vaccines to kill, how about a disease which would (in theory) kill Infees only once Automation becomes more popular in the 60s-80s, and have it either:

A. RU has the cure, betters only, story continues

B. (More likely) they believe their own propaganda, think it only kills infees, and end up dying to their own disease...

C. Basically B but the RU launches the nukes once it's clear the RU will die.

Here's a fun convo: what is it you like most about WMIT?

Just adding my two cents, even if I am a bit late…

I like how WMiT is a different kind of grimdark, or maybe not even grimdark at all.

I mean, sometimes you are reading a W40K story and it’s like “billions died again and everything was shit and no one gave a damn anymore”. There comes a point in which you stop caring too. Why would you be invested in such a crapsack world? So much “dark dark dark” all the time, in the end, just grows tiresome.

Perhaps what makes WMiT different is how some people win sometimes. The Republican Union may be a totalitarian genocidal fascist dictatorship theocracy in which they give drug-filled candies to little children, BUT not everyone is fucked all the time. WASP, blacks and jews can have reasonable prosperity and security, as long as they work with the system and have the right kind of pinnacle bodily fluids.

It’s not the only place in which this happens, many other countries try to provide some degree of happiness to their population (as long as you belong to the right kind of people as determined in each one of those countries).

Really, not everything goes wrong every time for everyone. But precisely, the same people that have won before can also lose what they have earned with their sweat and blood. And so the reader does get invested in these stories, through the point of view of characters who try to “earn their happy ending*” (which is still an option) and their place in a world that is not always that bad for them.

*I would link to the pertinent TvTropes page, but I’m not a complete monster. That site is a very interesting time sink!

And maybe that’s why each new atrocity is as shocking as the one before, something darkly hilarious and yet numbingly terrifying at the same time. Because most of the time the characters (and the readers through them) do have reasonable expectations regarding what would be a typical and normal life in that setting. Until suddenly everything blows up and nothing makes sense anymore.

In summary: there is no grimdark in the Madness-verse, only grimMAD.

The fact that gamers and the Pope are both on this list means it definitely belongs here
list.jpg

Why Obama is a racist? Why cow worshippers, emos, party animals, baby killers and whores are in the same list? So many questions that'll never receive an answer.
Not to get into current politics (and risk the wrath of CalBear or the mods), but there is a rather large subset of people who think Obama is/was racist against white people for reasons (usually speaking out against racism and for black causes). The rest is probably because they fall outside what that person believes is acceptable christian behaviour ("cow worshippers" I believe is supposed to a jab at Hindus)

Moooooving away from the horrors of real life and back to the world of WMIT, has anyone made it to the South Pole? Would be hilarious if the RU made a huge song and dance about reaching it first an proving the "strength and vitality of [their] Fluids" only for it to go horribly wrong, freeze to death and/or resort to cannibalism

Not to get into current politics (and risk the wrath of CalBear or the mods), but there is a rather large subset of people who think Obama is/was racist against white people for reasons (usually speaking out against racism and for black causes). The rest is probably because they fall outside what that person believes is acceptable christian behaviour ("cow worshippers" I believe is supposed to a jab at Hindus)

Moooooving away from the horrors of real life and back to the world of WMIT, has anyone made it to the South Pole? Would be hilarious if the RU made a huge song and dance about reaching it first an proving the "strength and vitality of [their] Fluids" only for it to go horribly wrong, freeze to death and/or resort to cannibalism
Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!

Hopefully Lovecraft will build a church down there, with plenty of mind-bending angles and alien geometries.

Still here guys! Just took some time to go hiking and find peace. I'm reading Raven Rock and watching Hitler's Circle of Evil right now on Netflix and it's giving me a lot of ideas for scum sucking characters yet to come. *twirls mustache*

Yeah, I knew the "racist Obama" thing. I was just being ironic.

Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
Hopefully Lovecraft will build a church down there, with plenty of mind-bending angles and alien geometries.
Here's a short version of my idea, I'll try to find the longer one from the last thread.
I like the idea of Cokie Tierra del Fuego (under a much Better name- Ultima Carolina), while the Union claims all of Antarctica. I had an idea awhile back where a version of John Symmes (blended with a bit of Arthur Gordon Pym) discovers the continent while searching for a way into the Hollow Earth, and thus it's called Symzonia on all the Yankee maps. Given the Hollow Earth worm business maybe old Pap had the only surviving copy of Symmes' journals? Napoleon has said before he might do a chapter on Hollow Earth theory TTL and I think it would tie together nicely. Nothing like claiming a continent as a propaganda victory to distract from a gruelling police action...

Here's a short version of my idea, I'll try to find the longer one from the last thread.
Here's excerpts from the last time we had the Antarctica conversation:

Sea to Shining Sea!
Pole to Frozen Pole!
Manifestum Fati!
Based on my idea in the EU thread that a defictionalized version of Arthur Gordon Pym could be the discoverer of Antarctica (and given talk about a hollow Earth chapter) TTL the Union could rename Tierra del Fuego the state of Pymzonia, and use it as a base to patrol Antarctica, just because they can and claiming an entire continent for themselves is exactly their thing.
Kinda fascinating that all the nations which could make a partial claim on Antartica are members of fascist sphere (South Africa, Australia, Britian, Norway RU, Carolina) apart from maybe Peru and Argentina. Would be kinda hilarious if the Great White South became a flashpoint of conflict between the fascists.

Other possible claimants could be MittelAfrika, the Dutch, Russians, French, Ireland (I want Irish colonies, dangit!)
Wedge shaped territories for all the nations of the (Free) World!
latest

Using this map as a base, for example, the RU could lay claim to the regions of Ognia and Bellingauzenia, with the rest sliced up between various other fascist powers. The magnetic pole could have a very unsettling fundie church built on it, designed by Lovecraft himself.
Also shout out to Murica1776 for the excellent CoCorea chapters in the expanded universe. I know a joint Cokie-Corean Antarctic outpost would be pushing it but only in this TL could such a thing be possible. Kimchi barbecue penguin burgers anyone?
Antarctica, March 1976

British explorer: I do say chum, this piece of frozen soil with oil under it is the rightful property of the Brittanic Union! Rule Brittania!

Cokie Soldier: You listen to me you tea-swilling sumbitch, and you listen good! This land is rightful territory of the Confederation of the Carolina, and I'll fight ya for it! Hark the Sound!
Meanwhile the Zealots of the Order of Patriot-Saint Lovecraft pass by as dead silence reigns for a moment and the local Union military governor looks on the argument with a look that's somehow both bored to death and ever vigilant.

We're about to see the return of a sycophant we haven't seen since Steele took power!

static.politico.com.jpg

In between Squintface McGee and Dan Backslide, we have retired Sky Marshal Warren Harding, Joe Steele's old commander. He's 72 in 1937 and is about to oversee the creation of a new infrastructure of wartime bunkers and underground complexes, including one housing Supreme Chief Patton's weird and mystical relic collection.

We're also about to see more of our old buddy, Steele's Golden Boy, Ryan Harvey Hendrick. Speaking of him, I was easily able to turn this random painting I saved into him:

large.jpg

large2.jpg

Last edited:
We're about to see the return of a sycophant we haven't seen since Steele took power!

View attachment 561585

In between Squintface McGee and Dan Backslide, we have retired Sky Marshal Warren Harding, Joe Steele's old commander. He's 72 in 1937 and is about to oversee the creation of a new infrastructure of wartime bunkers and underground complexes, including one housing Supreme Chief Patton's weird and mystical relic collection.

We're also about to see more of our old buddy, Steele's Golden Boy, Ryan Harvey Hendrick. Speaking of him, I was easily able to turn this random painting I saved into him:

View attachment 561593

View attachment 561596
The Blonde Beast...

SUNDAY MOURNING: THE FUNERAL OF THE REVEREND-COLONEL

SUNDAY MOURNING:
THE FUNERAL OF THE REVEREND-COLONEL

sunday funeral.jpg

The Holy Roller, containing the embalmed corpse of Reverend-Colonel Wilhelm Sonntag (Billy Sunday) passes in front of Independence Hall (July 7, 1937)

The sound of massed pipes and drums down historic Chestnut Street was almost ear-splitting Tens of thousands of mourners, clad in black and their "Sunday best," packed the streets and saluted and knelt as the Holy Roller, the official hearse reserved only for the Reverend-Colonel, passed by at a snail's pace, black smoke puttering from its exhaust as various members of the Church and armed forces walked beside it, their suits and uniforms crisp, black bands of mourning replacing the standard MDP ones. Boom, boom, boom, came the sound of the Army drummers keeping time, hammering a beat per second on their eagle-festooned blue war drums, their kepis pitched forward over their eyes. They were followed by some 300 bagpipes, blaring forth their cacophonous tribute to the legendary tyrant, womanizer, and sycophant whose embalmed corpse rode ahead. Overhead, some 500 state of the art fighter planes buzzed overhead in a roaring tribute, spewing out red, white, and blue contrails behind them. Following the pipers came the Republican Union Military Police Philadelphia Branch, clad in their navy blue patrol uniforms, copper badges shining in the Wednesday sun and bolt-action rifles resting against their shoulders. Several high-ranking police officials marched ahead, carrying the traditional pike of old 17th century line infantry unit commanders. Next came the Zealots, some 1000 in all, crimson uniforms and pinch-crown hats resplendent, ceremonial sabers drawn, each sword bearing Enochian script embellishments. Behind them came cavalry from the Grand Army of the Republic, numbering about 500, sporting dress uniforms and Custer-era cavalry slouch hats. The clatter of 2000 hooves on the ancient colonial cobblestones was almost as raucous as the pipers, but still the surreal silent nature of the moment was what was truly deafening. Now came the roar of the mechanized infantry, rolling through on landships and motorcycles. Many of these men would depart for the South American theatre of war several weeks later, giving their last full measure of devotion to Manifest Climax. As the troopers passed by, local men all, women wept even harder, worrying this funeral was just the first of many that would roll through Philadelphia.

Several columns of MDP party elites marched next, trying to ingratiate themselves with the press, attempting to show to the man that they were each more heartbroken than the last, more faithful to the beloved scum-sucking preacher than all the others. Next came the Presidential motorcade, Joe Steele in an armored 1934 Rollarite Victoria and surrounded by plain-clothes security on motorcycles and on foot, his secret "Wolf Pack." The procession came to a halt after several more blocks at the world-famous First American Fundamentalist Christian Church, home of the catacombs containing the bodies of the Prophet Burr, Patriot-Saint Washington, the Martyr Arnold, and many more. It would be here that Billy Sunday would be laid to rest, among the greatest figures of the greatest empire the world had ever seen, a true American Pope. A guttersnipe, wannabe dictator notwithstanding, the American government wanted to make sure they curried favor with the overwhelming majority of citizens who viewed Sunday as a fanatical, handsome, Pinnacle-blooded pastor of the True Faith.

Waiting on the portico of the Prophet Burr's original church was the new Reverend-Colonel, Howard Lovecraft, in a black tuxedo with tails, a red silk cloth draped over his shoulders decorated with scenes from American history and Enochian script, black tassels blowing slightly in the wind. Flanking their new chosen one, in their blindingly white robes, stood members of the Council of Jehovah in a pyramid formation down the steps, each hooded figure holding a flag of the AFC Church. As the Holy Roller ground to a halt, an ethereal trumpet sounded from the steeple of the church. Not a pin drop could be heard as the eerie music continued. It was a rendition of "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God," a song written by the founder of Protestantism Martin Luther and a favorite of Sunday's. At last, the song finished and all stood silent once more. Lovecraft raised his hand in a straight-arm salute. "Blessed be he who comes to the bosom of the faith, this our First Church. Who comes before the House of the Lord?" the dour-looking New Englander inquired, following an elaborate script of almost Shakespearean nature.

The hearse driver, now standing at attention besides the Holy Roller in his crimson Zealot uniform, raised his hand, took a knee, and replied, "It is William Sunday, comrade-patriot! Will ye allow him entrance into the House of the Lord?"

Lovecraft raised a silver bell aloft and shook it slowly seven times. "Yea, the bell doth toll for thee, William Sunday. May ye find rest and peace eternal in this glorious heart of the New Jerusalem." At this, the military cadre surrounding the Holy Roller took their positions at the rear hatch of the ivory-white vehicle. The driver pulled a lever which opened the back up and pushed the golden coffin along with it. Slowly, they all grabbed hold and heaved it out, grunting and straining under the enormous weight of the decorative box. As soon as it was out, Lovecraft again spoke. "Psalm 116:5. 'Precious in the sight of Jehovah is the death of his saints.'" The military funeral dirge played on a single trumpet from the steeple as the soldiers made their way up the steps with the coffin. Generals and officers stood to the sides, swords drawn and dipped to the ground in respect.

The inside of the church, remodeled in the mid-20s with a lavish budget, could hardly be recognized by previous generations. It was palatial, as fine as something out of Versailles or London in their glory days but with a distinctly American tone and feel. The rotunda under the central steeple carried the image of the Prophet surrounded by the angels in heaven, a fasces in his right hand and a cross in the left. The central pulpit was about six feet off the ground-level on a raised stage, with a white marble baptismal pool in the rear. On the back wall was an image of the Angel of Destiny, bloody sword in his hand, a wreath of stars around his head, and the phrase "1776 - VIA VERITAS VITA - 1801" under his feet. Above him was a terrifying rendering of the Fundamentalist "Jehovah," a Zeus-like white bearded tyrant, his eyes hollow white and yet able to pierce the hearts of any heretics brought before his lair. American and MDP flags adorned the rest of the wall space as far as the eye could see, and the afternoon sunshine poured in through the 200 year old stained glass windows. Sunday's living relatives took up the first pew, dressed all in black like every other civilian present in the Church proper, sobbing hysterically as their patriarch's casket was gently placed upon the altar by the soldiers.

Normally, on each side of the pulpit there would be the choir. Now, however, each side was filled with hooded Councilmen of Jehovah, their hands clasped together in prayer. Lovecraft followed the casket in, each step measured and calculated, his shiny oxford shoes muffled by the red carpet that led to the altar and pulpit. President Steele, his wife and daughter and his cabinet followed him in. Supreme Marshal Acme Ashton shuffling along with his officer corps brought up the rear. Only then could invited guests begin filing in. As the mourners took their seats, more musicians marched along the side of the main chamber, playing and singing deafening version of "Amazing Grace" as Lovecraft took his place behind the pulpit. They gathered around the casket as if bringing laurels to Julius Caesar himself, playing their hearts out and their faces blue. The bass drum carried the inscription, "Pennsylvania Office of Racial and Religious Affairs Choral Jubilee." As they played, President Steele and his men saluted the crowd and Lovecraft and took their places standing beside the casket, relieving the soldiers of their duties who then took positions at the end of the first rows of pews.

Photographers and film crews captured the moment. The whole world would be waiting to see this, and everyone there was putting on their best dramatic face. Among the filmmakers was Benny Riechenthal, destined to become the greatest filmmaker in American history. He made sure to ingratiate himself with Steele, focusing on the stoic President and the single tear running down his cheek, the only public tear Steele ever shed. Newspapers and newsreels would report "even the most iron of Pinnacle men shed a tear for the loss of our dear Reverend-Colonel." After about 20 minutes of shuffling and seat-taking, the band stopped their music and allowed Lovecraft to speak.

"Comrade-patriots! We are gathered together today to mourn, celebrate, and commemorate the soul of Reverend-Colonel William Sunday, our beloved 'Bible Billy.' Let us pray." Lovecraft lifted his hands to the air on each side in a field-goal position, his long, lanky wrists sticking out past his shirt and tuxedo sleeves. Closing his eyes and looking upwards, the portrait of Jehovah looming behind him, he bellowed, "Oh, Jehovah! Oh Father in Heaven! Hallowed be thy name, and hallowed be the memory of Reverend-Colonel William Sunday, your chief minister among men! For seventy-five years you filled him full of fire, and of vigor, and of the Holy Spirit! For seventy-five years you guided him and used him toward your own ends, pushing us ever closer to our Divine Destiny! For seventy-five long years William Sunday walked this earth, doing your will, speaking in your tongues, wielding serpents, and casting out devils. While a lifetime will never be enough for a man with so much to offer, so much to give, we thank thee, Lord, for the gift of William Sunday, and we thank thee for bestowing upon us such a faithful Lamb of God. Mild in manner, kind of heart, handsome of features, and white-hot with your Word, William Sunday is riding to meet you now on a winged Yankee pure-bred stallion. As we opened the earthly gates of this, the First Church, we trust that you will open the Pearly Gates for our beloved Reverend-Colonel. May he rest in peace and laurels forever, amen."

After a rousing "Amen!" from all in attendance, the drummer struck up a fast beat and Lovecraft descended from the podium and walked to the casket. After saluting it briskly, he asked President Steele if he would have the honor of opening the casket. Uncle Joe quickly did and revealed the wrinkled dead face of Sunday, his asphyxiation rope-burn hidden with the help of a high starched white collar and necktie. His suit was almost as white as his hair, which was combed neatly to the side with pomade. Makeup made him look lifelike enough, Lovecraft thought, though he was glad to know he was very, very dead. In Sundays, clasped hands rested a Brown Bess musket, a relic of the Revolution that supposedly belonged to the Prophet Burr. It was one of the holiest artifacts in Fundamentalism. Gently, he tried to remove it as per the ceremony, but the corpse's fingers were locked up. After several agonizing moments of Lovecraft struggling to free the gun amid a few awkward coughs and the sound of dead, rubbery flesh on metal, it finally released. Recomposing himself, Lovecraft turned to the crowd and and held the gun aloft. "From your cold, dead hands do we take this weapon of war. No more shall Brother Sunday fight the good fight, for he has been graciously received in the Heavenly City above. All hail!" More straight arms salutes followed.

After an hour eulogy of the womanizing murderer, Lovecraft stepped away from the podium and allowed Steele to take his place.

"All hail, comrade-patriots! It is with heavy hearts and no lack of tears that we commend our beloved Reverend-Colonel to the All-Father. Now, Brother Lovecraft here has said all that could be said about the purity and sanctity of William Sunday's spirit, but I wish to tell you about the true nature of this man, the real man behind the curtain, the actual William Sunday. I don't want to tell you lines you've heard before or inform you of how holy he was, or how much he knew about our faith. No, I wish to tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. In reality, William Sunday was one of the nicest, warmest, and most caring friends I've ever had, truly exemplifying the Golden Rule. From my early days when I first took office, he was there, standing beside me, feeding me spiritually over cups of late-night coffee and sandwiches, praying with me and leading me into the light. When I succeeded my father and faced challenges to my legitimacy, there stood Bible Billy, ready to go to bat for me in a heartbeat. I will not talk for as long as Brother Lovecraft either, but I will say this, hand upon the Good Books: I loved William Sunday almost as much as I loved my own father. And I very much look forward to seeing him again one day. People of the Republican Union, members of the Cabinet, Councilmen of Jehovah, and soldiers of our glorious armed forces, take heart! For though William Sunday is gone, he shall never be forgotten! We shall enshrine him in our hearts forever, until Judgement Day. All hail!"

After several more speakers (ranging from Supreme Chief Patton to well-known evangelists) and the accompanying perfunctory applause, the band struck up the national anthem. The Council of Jehovah even joined in as Lovecraft frantically, almost demonically waved his hands like a conductor, bacon-greased hair whipping about, leading the crowd in song. Outside, the roaring blasts of 21 artillery pieces sounded at Independence Hall, while the Liberty Bell rang true once more. Church bells across the city and the country joined in, and all of America stood still, even in wartime. Horses whinnied and reared in the streets as the cavalry tried to calm them. RUMP vehicles blared their sirens, a haunting undertone to the current racket. Even in the streets, civilian and soldier alike held their hats, helmets, and caps aloft and erupted into song. Goosebumps ran up and down the arms of thousands as a gentle summer breeze whipped through historic downtown Philadelphia, the birthplace of America.

Our flag is proudly floating on the land and on the main!
Shout, shout the battle cry of Freedom!
Beneath it oft we've conquered, and we'll conquer oft again!
Shout, shout the battle cry of Freedom!

The Union forever, hurrah! boys, hurrah!
Down with the slavers, up with the stars!
While we rally round the flag, boys, we rally once again,
Shouting the battle cry of freedom!

Oh, we're springing to the call for three hundred thousand more,
And we'll fill the vacant ranks with a million freemen more,
Shouting the battlecry of freedom!

We will welcome to our numbers the loyal, true and brave,
And although he may be poor, not a man shall never be a slave!

So we're springing to the call from the East and from the West,
Shouting the battle cry of Freedom!
And we'll hurl the Devil's Lot from the land that we love best!

Shout, shout, the battle cry of Freedom!

As the anthem finally ended, the soldiers who bore the golden casket into the Church once again swept into position, heaving the coffin from the altar. With a rollicking chorus of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" breaking out "spontaneously" from the crowds, they made their way to the entrance to the catacombs beneath the church, carrying the Reverend-Colonel to his final earthly destination. Lovecraft led the way, the musket in his hand almost like a Papal scepter, Councilmen of Jehovah carrying torches to light the way. The sound of the singing had an eerie effect underground, echoing throughout the sacred stone halls. They passed the tomb of Washington, his sarcophagus in the center just beyond a barred door, an original flag of the Revolution still draped over it some 150 years later. Fresh white roses adorned gilded pots around the final resting place of the first Commander-in-Chief. Next came the Martyr Arnold, Shayes, then the Prophet himself. A few other lucky patriots joined these legendary figures, but Sunday was going two tombs down from Lincoln, one across from Reverend-Colonel Moody. A black-and-white tiled marble floor and the scarlet red walls had been designed according to Sunday's exacting specifications last decade, when he first began to fear the Reaper. Lovecraft unlocked the iron door to the room and allowed the soldiers to carry Sunday in.

They carefully placed the casket inside a granite sarcophagus fit for a pharaoh or a Bonaparte and made ready to slide the heavy lid in place. Before that was done, Joe Steele asked to be left alone in the tomb for just a moment to "say a prayer." Everyone exited, even Lovecraft. About 50 seconds later Steele exited the room and returned to the main floor of the church. In came the soldiers to finally close the sarcophagus, but to their disgust an awful stench filled the air. It took a few seconds to realize, but they found the casket's lid slightly ajar, a trail of fresh piss dripping off the side.

grand army of the republic.jpeg

Veterans of the Velvet Revolution and Mexican Immolation pose one more time in dress uniform as Rev-Col. Sunday's hearse rolls by. The center-left veteran carries a traditional fasces

council.jpg

The Council of Jehovah marches in full regalia to the First Fundamentalist Christian Church

sunday funeral3.jpg

Mourners march past a squad of Zealots outside the First Fundamentalist Christian Church

sunday funeral4.jpg

Soldiers of various branches carry the MDP flag-draped golden casket of Billy Sunday up the steps of the Church, where Lovecraft and the Council of Jehovah await

sunday funeral5.jpg

A Zealot stands guard to an outside entrance to the catacombs where the Founding Fathers are entombed

sunday funeral6.jpg

Professor Gilgamesh Singleton, retired Sky Marshal Warren Harding, and Supreme Marshal Acme Ashton attend the funeral of Billy Sunday

Last edited:
Chapter was a blast to write! I largely based it on the Funeral of Otto von Hapsburg:

The idea of such a RIDICULOUS funeral for such an absolute worthless POS that even the other Americans hate is hilarious to me and very Death of Stalin-y. Just a bunch of totalitarian uber-Yankee creeps acting emotionally devastated over the death of a guy who would slit their throats in their sleep if he could makes me laugh.

Also I wanna shoutout @AmericanAdam for his wonderful comment a couple pages back! That crap is why I keep writing so thank you!!

Last edited: