How hard is it for one to actually live in the Amazon Rainforest? How many survivors could actually even resist and persevere in that malaria infested hellhole?

How hard is it for one to actually live in the Amazon Rainforest? How many survivors could actually even resist and persevere in that malaria infested hellhole?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-39149334#:~:text=An estimated eight to 10, the beginning of European colonization. If this is accurate around 8 to 10 million people without modern technology and with interconnected trade so with more technology it could honestly be anywhere from that but they most likely didn't plan to evacuate 40 million people to a jungle and with lack of supply's it could be around 10 -15 million survivors edit it would be 15 at max as it took decades to clear up enough land to hold 30 million they wouldn't have enough time

Last edited:
10 -20 million survivors
Going back to my figure of 84,000,000 that would give us a casualty rate of 91.6-83.2% for the anti-RU nations. That would give us, at the lower end of things, 64,000,000 South American casualties plus 13,899,000 RU casualties for a total of roughly 77,900,000 casualties.

Running with that number, Manifest Climax and the following genocides killed about as many people (maybe a few more) as all of WW2 in our world. This doesn't count the fighting and crimes in Europe (assuming equivalence to OTL for lack of better information, another 40,000,000) or whatever may be going on in Asia (25,000,000 is a conservative estimate for OTL, we'll use that as a holding figure. Even if nothing takes place outside of China, the OTL Taiping Rebellion killed 20,000,000), or the mass murders associated with the Congo Dam in Central Africa (Let's just go with 10,000,000 again for lack of any other information).

That would give the war total casualties of about 149,000,000. The population of the world was about 2,300,000,000 at the time, so this would kill about 6.5% of the world's population.

I feel sick contemplating this.
How hard is it for one to actually live in the Amazon Rainforest?
"Clearing some of it would probably help. Fortunately, that would cause no climactic problems down the line." -someone with no foresight

That would give the war total casualties of about 149,000,000. The population of the world was about 2,300,000,000 at the time, so this would kill about 6.5% of the world's population.
Don't forget that the Great War/Beckie Flu killed as many people as OTL World War 2. The World Wars, for lack of a better term, ITTL taken as a whole would be the deadliest event in human history.

Just because RU conquers South America doesnt mean that all will be good for them, or ar at least i hope so, they will have at best the population of otl usa maybe a little more spread across north America maybe a little in south America , they are heavely overextended. I really hope we will see some many of RU action backfire, otherwise I fear they may become a Villain Sue like draka where the rest of the world ignore them and all goes well and dandy for them.

Last edited:
Honestly even with 51 million minimum starved to death in the Amazon, South America isn't going to be a cakewalk for the RU in the slightest as you still have a good 20 million left spread out all over the continent who had to watch their elderly and infant relatives die in the long march.
Meaning that the Republican Union is going to have to hunt them down village by village one by one there isn't any other cheat code of inhuman brutality they can use to kill the rest off in a matter of month's so there going to have to spend billions even with a numerical superiority having to chase every village down stoping them from organizing and making homemade guns and trap's of course over time this will be easier as those with the knowledge like that will be killed along with those they teach it to leading to a massive brain drain showed in Mooze's reservation scenario but for the next two to three generation's it is going to be a costly nightmare having to deal with the Quarantine zone.

I really hope we will see some many of RU action backfire
a costly nightmare having to deal with the Quarantine zone.

Like I said, I'm relatively confident it will. South America will become a black hole that endlessly devours the RU's resources- both human and material. Burnt up in the accretion disc of guerilla war and bombing, the RU will wither as it is torn apart trying to squeeze energy while twisting in the ergosphere.

Still recovering and adjusting to his new job, and it’s also rude to pester an author for new updates.
I didn't mean to pester him for new updates. I was actually worried, knowing that he's had a lot of personal issues. Anyway thanks for the answer

Most of us are busy right now. I certainly take a while to update my TL's, and I'm perfectly fine with waiting for Napo to update when he's ready.

I do want the get the thread in action before Napo returns, so I’ll start us off once more with a discussion starter.

What are the NUSA’s plans for the Carolinas? Steele may have Gamble wrapped around his thumb, but after he dies and Oswald inevitably seeks to consolidate his own power he’s going to want to take care of CoCaro. The question is, how? CoCaro’s had a long history of cultural independence from the Union, and “voluntary” annexation is very much an unpopular opinion, especially with the culture-clash between the Americans and Carolinians. Oswald also can’t simply invade the Carolinas, as that would make him even more unpopular and spark revanchist sentiment. How will Oswald deal with CoCaro in the future?

I do want the get the thread in action before Napo returns, so I’ll start us off once more with a discussion starter.

What are the NUSA’s plans for the Carolinas? Steele may have Gamble wrapped around his thumb, but after he dies and Oswald inevitably seeks to consolidate his own power he’s going to want to take care of CoCaro. The question is, how? CoCaro’s had a long history of cultural independence from the Union, and “voluntary” annexation is very much an unpopular opinion, especially with the culture-clash between the Americans and Carolinians. Oswald also can’t simply invade the Carolinas, as that would make him even more unpopular and spark revanchist sentiment. How will Oswald deal with CoCaro in the future?
Great American War II: Electric Boogaloo.

Well, I dont think they are actually any threat to his power. It would be like, idk, modern day America being scared of Canada. And the Carolina government fully understands this and would generally comply with union demands, so there's really no reason to bother.

Well, I dont think they are actually any threat to his power. It would be like, idk, modern day America being scared of Canada. And the Carolina government fully understands this and would generally comply with union demands, so there's really no reason to bother.

I agree. Carolina is a small fly compared to the American juggernaut. Any attempt to subdue them would be a waste of time and resources.

How will Oswald deal with CoCaro in the future?

It would be like, idk, modern day America being scared of Canada.
The only way Carolina can threaten NUSA without committing suicide would be by marshalling its colonial empire effectively. And CoCaro's racism erases any possibility of that.

Not that I would put it past NUSA to invade them in a fit of paranoia, but it be a mistake and probably turn into a debacle. (Not to say that CoCaro wouldn't get smashed flat, but the war would spread into Africa and the various instabilities of NUSA would be exploited by Carolinian guerillas.)

While I'm commenting on this supremely bleak timeline...

I tried to predict the future. I depicted the quarantine zone nightmare and Egypt doing its thing. I have no idea how China is split into four, so I did my best. I moved over the Congo Sea from some map or another. For Europe I showed Ireland conquered by Britain and otherwise status quo ante bellum. However, as you see I also did three other Europes (and North Mediterraneans) to the side: Illumanism victorious, Nazis win, WMIT-Hitler does like actual Hitler and drives all the people arround him into an alliance to crush him- despite their mutual hatred.

I now see that when I tried to make an alternate map I was too optimistic about the nature of this world.
1946 吗.png

Unionum Republicanum Delenda Est

The only way Carolina can threaten NUSA without committing suicide would be by marshalling its colonial empire effectively. And CoCaro's racism erases any possibility of that.

Not that I would put it past NUSA to invade them in a fit of paranoia, but it be a mistake and probably turn into a debacle. (Not to say that CoCaro wouldn't get smashed flat, but the war would spread into Africa and the various instabilities of NUSA would be exploited by Carolinian guerillas.)

I tried to predict the future. I depicted the quarantine zone nightmare and Egypt doing its thing. I have no idea how China is split into four, so I did my best. I moved over the Congo Sea from some map or another. For Europe I showed Ireland conquered by Britain and otherwise status quo ante bellum. However, as you see I also did three other Europes (and North Mediterraneans) to the side: Illumanism victorious, Nazis win, WMIT-Hitler does like actual Hitler and drives all the people arround him into an alliance to crush him- despite their mutual hatred.

I now see that when I tried to make an alternate map I was too optimistic about the nature of this world.
View attachment 681744

Glorious Manifest Destiny! ALL HAIL THE NEW JERUSALEM!

Anyone remember how Mozambique or another of these countries was the only subsaharan place unconquered at some point? What happened with it? How can we turn them mad?

I guess they would be anticolonial african nationalist radicals.

View attachment 681744

Oh Jesus, that’s fucking horrifying.