With a distant, faraway stare, Oswald watched the ancient jewels in the hilt sparkle under the dim fluorescent overhead lights. "Camelot... What a story. One of my favorites as a child. A perfect place in a perfect time. A perfect man and a perfect woman. Perfection."

"Until it all crumbled to dust," Harding said flatly.
I have a feeling that this line of text, foreshadows the end of WMIT. The Republican Union will crumble into dust.

Last edited:
Thank you! And Rockwell is actually Norman Rockwell with George's "rank," lmao. I posted a photoshopped picture of Norman as an ORRA officer like three years ago and I never forget a potential character, lol.
I remembered as soon as it was mentioned he was older 😂 that was a pretty snappy armband he had

And the author William Peter Blatty.
Not super clever, but I did the little Christoph Waltz "That's a bingo" face when I wrote it. XD I love useless, weird little references. Some people might not like them all, but it keeps me highly entertained. One of my introductions to true world building of the sort I enjoy was finding out all the pop culture references/tropes in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, especially the ones that didn't really effect the plot but were just weird fun, like one-off little messages and plots on the terminals.

Also, the line about Patton's hearing the voice of something mimicking a child's voice was a kind-of reference to an SCP I once read, though I have no recollection of any other details. It's also just a super creepy thing I thought made it more interesting. lol

And another point of interest is while Harding used to be a bombastic, mustache-twirling, "heroic," All-American boy, he has sort of become a grouchy fascist Yankee Yoda crossed with Sam Jackson from Django Unchained, and he's sick of everyone's sick but he's actually totally loyal. Probably the first example of a Steelist vs. Pinnies, as we have seen is coming in the flash-forward chapters. From tiny acorns....

jackson.jpg

Basically: Warren Harding (Jackson) can't believe Steele tells him he has to put up with Oswald Camelot Cosplay bullshit

Last edited:
I love how everything is really lining up like how I have always crudely envisioned it. The Pinnacle Future will be forged by the survivors of the Wormist Purge and Op:MC. Young men, perhaps too young, rise to power perhaps too quickly. Some of them are Oswald's "Round Table" dagger-holders, purge-proof. If that's not a million times more complex and vastly superior to 1.0, I don't know what is. Hell, I didn't even create the Wormists till last year, and they have gone from a weird sideplot to instrumental to the rise of the Pinnacle Generation. It's pretty damn interesting to me, and I hope you guys feel likewise. It's a narrative that is compelling to me and surprises myself in how complex I have managed to make it. And in stories like that, complexity makes something feel far more "real." The never-ending web of bureaucracy and good old boys marches on. This isn't just a story with villains and mcguffins. It's becoming an episodic story about a wide cast of characters forging a new era in this universe. Some of these characters could make it to 2000, if the world lasts that long. We're in for what I think is going to be WMIT at it's peak.

nephews.png

Last edited:
I always thought the TL would end around 2005, by then there's space colonies and such. An intergalactic human nuclear war would happen, paired with black holes arriving. Said black holes would swallow everything in the known galaxy, until nothing but infinite emptiness remained...

PNWKing

Banned
Hubbard, Oswald's closest friend, was riding high on his promotion to Headmaster-Marshal, a position that enabled him to continue to pen science-fiction tales at his leisure.
So Hubbard is a (relatively) sane Science-Fiction writer. This is the ultimate Madness!