Well if this war goes on as long as I believe it will, at some point, even after is over, we can have this guy, even if in 1937 he's only 9 years old, becoming some kind of resistance fighter. And a really angry and furious one too, ready to commit terrorism. And I can also imagine him becoming the Union or even NUSA's boogeyman, the one Oswald blames everything on or uses to scare people into compliance. Bonus Points: His a Hispanic man, from a wealthy landowner catholic family with an Irish grandmother (her last name was Lynch) and a black great-great-grandmother. If you make him an anarchist or an illuminist, oh boy, you just got the perfect nightmare to the Union.

Attachments

• img-1.jpg
    img-1.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 797afbe887eaf4576353551cae84b4fd3188c63b.jpg
    797afbe887eaf4576353551cae84b4fd3188c63b.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 188
  • gettyimages-104403618-1024x1024.jpg
    gettyimages-104403618-1024x1024.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 002_che_jong.jpg
    002_che_jong.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 190
Theory: Reginald 'Lazarus' Hubbard becomes head of the AFC during Oswald's term in office and injects a bunch of wacky Scientology elements into the faith as a part of the 'Oswald Thaw' that prompts more traditional AFC figures to pull a Gilead and try to overthrow the government.

Also Oswald will at one point use the RU/NUSA government to force the Zap Zephyr writers to let him oversee their efforts when a future installment is one he dislikes.

Last edited:
Also Oswald will at one point use the RU/NUSA government to force the Zap Zephyr writers to let him oversee their efforts when a future installment is one he dislikes.

Liberal beatnik scum start polluting a goodly American story with Watchmen-style irony and self criticism.
Insanity ensues.

Speaking of Oswald and writing... Joe brought everything on himself. A madman of his own making is going to take over everything he owns and I cannot help but laugh.

I just hope and pray that book 3 of Madness is about rebuilding the world after the fall of the NUSA. Hopefully sanity is restored to some degree at some point.

I just hope and pray that book 3 of Madness is about rebuilding the world after the fall of the NUSA. Hopefully sanity is restored to some degree at some point.
Or, alternatively, the world goes back to the medieval era and America is divided between a thousand warring kingdoms. Think Medieval America, but with more racism.

Last edited:
I'm curious if we will see someone added to the Custer-Steele-Oswald progression. There is quite a bit of space left in the 80s to 2010s and Oswald II didn't really count.

I'm curious if we will see someone added to the Custer-Steele-Oswald progression. There is quite a bit of space left in the 80s to 2010s and Oswald II didn't really count.
I mean the Bush family already showed up so i think either George or Jeb could be one of Oswald's successors in the future

For post-Oswald leaders, a black leader would be interesting but so would a gaggle of old dudes who die really fast like the 80s USSR. The RU's been quite good at avoiding gerontocracy due to ORRA influence and there always being a handy hero around who made his name in a predecessor's big war. But you don't get medals by being on the front lines of a Peacemaker war, all ground forces get are radiation poisoning. There's the mop-up/occupation forces who come in later on, but the commanders of those would prefer a local governorship/satrapy in the mold of MacArthur. The heroes of Peacemaker wars are the scientists and engineers. But then, if we follow that line of thinking... a mathematician, born at a reasonable time to succeed Oswald, raised to high station by the increasing importance of modeling/probability/algorithms in matters of national security, who understands the workings of old tech and the potential of the new...

... Bill Gates is an option.

Last edited: