Quick note from work: If I ever write a 3.0 of this TL, it will go full cosmic horror. Perhaps called "The Depths of Madness." Imagine Lake Maracaibo is where they instead find the right arm or nose of a gigantic old one. All those centuries, it's been plotting. The Council of Jehovah actually are cultists dedicated to worshipping the Ancient Ones. By getting them to worship "Jehovah," their praises and prayers are actually heard by someone else....

I dunno, could be cool. Lol
I would actually kill for that. Gib it plz. But make it so the northern Europe countries and Mexico+SA are full on WRATH OF THE OLD GODS

"Damned if we do, damned faster if we don't."

Every time I sit to write the rounders chapter, the prospect of creating all the leagues and backstories is incredibly daunting. But it should be either the next chapter or the one after, at last, as a famous rounders player will be retiring to join ORRA. War has also likely broken out in Easter Europe as von Braunau makes his moves.

Also, we're about to get adult Chuck Oswald in his prime of youth, however Addison's-riddled. Chuck is about to sail to adventure in the Caribbean.
Take your time, give baseball/rounders the update it deserved it.

Unironically, when they do the execution in the Yankee Stadium, i thought in dark comedy tone, the yankee players asking the president to hastened with his execution, they've a game to play...

Last edited:
What I love about WMIT is that it is the culmination of every bit of knowledge and thing I love. Napoleon, ARW, WWI, WWII, secret societies, conspiracy theories, Bible, Eschatology, Star Wars, Nixon, JFK, 1920s-70s, occultism, HPL, 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit, Animal Farm, etc. It's the brain baby of everything I find interesting, exciting, or disturbing.

You know, sometimes I think that, if ever we met in RL, we would get along quite fine.

48868775166_46f13170a2_b.jpg

48868774771_0430464a72_b.jpg

I need to write a chapter on the Destiny Road (Highway System), so this is perfect timing to introduce some gas station brands with... interesting names. I imagine the Destiny Road will be vital for moving goods and weapons to the front in Operation Manifest Climax.

"Maddeningly good service! Golden Goblin Full-Service Station! Just look for the black-and-gold signs dotted along the Destiny Road!"

A good ol' reference to the Golden Goblin Press of Robert E. Howard's tale, for the uninitiated.

Last edited:
Yes but we know both spaniards and natives are infee. However, I was asking that question, for, say, a german immigrant to mexico who is catholic. Or any catholic german. Do they do a convert or die for them or just say 'he is a tainted papist, once a papist, always a papist'?

Also what difference is there between Spanish and "Mexican" that would make it a separate language other than vosotros?
Again sorry for answering you only now and for having misunderstood your question

1) Honestly i think it depends on the situation. The Fundamentalist Church started accepting the Japanese as equals only after they started converting to the RU's version of Christianity. On the other hand the RU supports Germania, a country that sees the catholic germans in the South the same way Philadelphia sees the catholics in South America

2) The differences between Spanish and Mexican: https://takelessons.com/blog/mexican-spanish-and-spain-spanish-z03
Basically the Mexican language has a differrent past sense, it is more influenced by the american language and it has a different vocabulary in numerous areas

48868993236_ab64df2cab_b.jpg

*family pulls into Exham Service Station, post-war*

*Attendant has "Proud Disabled Veteran" pin on*

"Thank you for hiring our vets!" Pop says to the manager behind the counter.

"Ah, you mean Earl! Yes, he may not look disabled, but the war took its toll, poor bastard," the Exham boss says, ringing up a can of motor oil and two Joe Bars. "Earl! Will you fill up this Gentleman's Rollarite?!"

*Earl bounces up and down* "YESSIR!"

*Pop thanks Earl as the family gets back in the car* "Thank you, son. I greatly appreciate it."

*Earl stares, grin wide and eyes glassy* "All shall bow before the Mother of a Thousand Young when she rises from the numbing stupor of the cold abyss of time and death."

"jUnior g e t i n t h e dAmN c a r."

Last edited:

48869418791_d58c6e99dd_c.jpg

*Daygone Inn commercial, from sometime during the Oswald years, heavy 70s aesthetic film grain, long sideburns, etc*

Man driving tiredly. "My gosh, I'm so exhausted. And I already popped my Go-Go Peps back in New Antioch! What I'd give for a nice clean motor home..."

*sees sign*

"Holy moly! I see the Mermaid Sign! It looks like another day's gone. Time for Daygone Inn!" *pulls massive wagon queen family truckster into lot*

Stepford Smiler Female Narrator: "Yes, weary traveler, all Betters of Society are welcome with open arms at the soft beds, computerized room service, and the complimentary New England-style food bar of the Daygone Inn."

*man checks in* Desk clerk in orange uniform with a flat cap: "That'll be 20 dollars, sir!"

Man: "Wowee, what a swell deal! I know I'll just love it here! I might even take a day off and just enjoy the amenities. My business deal in Lewis City can wait!" *winks*

*Clerk winks back creepily, smacking gum* "Enjoy your room, sir! You'll love it so much you'll never check out!"

Narrator: "You can find them in the most unlikely places, every 100 miles along the Destiny Road. Always remember, America..."

*man grabs a complimentary tuna sandwich from the motel bar and turns to face the camera, smiling* "You'll just love it here!" *freeze frame, tuna juice dribbling down his chin*

CHORUS: "ALL HAIL DAYGONE INN! THE PLACE FOR PINNACLE PEOPLE!"

Because who doesn't want a Rhode Island themed motor home that reeks of stale tuna, cigarettes, and poor decisions. Also, the clerk probably looks like crackhead Richard Dawson and thinks you have a very pretty mouth.

I think we can all assume that the Daygone Inn, especially with its orange color scheme, probably sports this signature pattern of carpet:

the-shining-overlook-hotel-rug-carpet-david-hicks-scale-film-and-furniture-scale-600435.jpg

Last edited:
48869092888_a9785c8246_o.png

One more before I finally go to bed! That, ladies and gentlefolk, is what happens when I get on a Lovecraft and Oreo-fueled binge after work and make posters till I pass out at my desk. I'm getting pretty decent at making logos that looks actually like logos. The drop of fuel with an E could easily be a real-world gas station logo. Fun fact, in the mother of all high-brow references (brace yourself), the colors of Exham are based on Lord Business's Octan Corporation in the Lego Movie. You're welcome. Additionally, it's name not only is meant to be reminiscent of the Rats in the Walls and Exxon, but also Esso Gas. Some might grow weary of references, but I think its shows the thought and care put into even unimportant artwork and set dressing. It's just flat-out a blast for me to do.

Last edited:

48868993236_ab64df2cab_b.jpg

*family pulls into Exham Service Station, post-war*

*Attendant has "Proud Disabled Veteran" pin on*

"Thank you for hiring our vets!" Pop says to the manager behind the counter.

"Ah, you mean Earl! Yes, he may not look disabled, but the war took its toll, poor bastard," the Exham boss says, ringing up a can of motor oil and two Joe Bars. "Earl! Will you fill up this Gentleman's Rollarite?!"

*Earl bounces up and down* "YESSIR!"

*Pop thanks Earl as the family gets back in the car* "Thank you, son. I greatly appreciate it."

*Earl stares, grin wide and eyes glassy* "All shall bow before the Mother of a Thousand Young when she rises from the numbing stupor of the cold abyss of time and death."

"jUnior g e t i n t h e dAmN c a r."
O T H E R W O R L D L Y

BigBlueBox

Banned
Quick note from work: If I ever write a 3.0 of this TL, it will go full cosmic horror. Perhaps called "The Depths of Madness." Imagine Lake Maracaibo is where they instead find the right arm or nose of a gigantic old one. All those centuries, it's been plotting. The Council of Jehovah actually are cultists dedicated to worshipping the Ancient Ones. By getting them to worship "Jehovah," their praises and prayers are actually heard by someone else....

I dunno, could be cool. Lol
There’s a lot of potential for that in the plot as it is now. The Immolation of Mexico could have been a sacrifice to the dark gods. The Evolists and Pope Peter could be in league with rival deity(ies) . If we take the Illuminist battle cry of “Every man a god” literally, they could be plotting to raise humanity itself to godhood. The Holy Grail could be a genuinely supernatural artifact, and the Fountain of Youth could be real.

This chapter is REALLY going to be great fun. It'll tie into everything, too. Troops and supplies will use the Road to get to Operation Manifest Climax, Rounders teams will actually be able to properly "go on the Road" and play teams in far-off states without going through bandit country or wastelands with gravel roads, and will also lead to the rise of Golden Goblin, Exham Oil, Daygone Inn, and more! It's gonna be rad!

THE RIGHTEOUS PATH:
CONNECTING AMERICA

48268613742_35925872cc_c.jpg

Without a doubt, the Destiny Road was Joe Steele's largest and most successful program while in office. Despite the bloody overnight killings, the ever-extending noose of ORRA on everyday life, and the slip-ups that led to the early launch of Operation Manifest Climax in 1936, the Destiny Road would remain a celebrated achievement for decades to come. It fully opened-up the entire country, even the newly-conquered parts such as Pacifica, Keybeck, and Canada, to the new class of Betters who considered owning an autocarriage not only a necessity, but also a tool for adventure. For almost a century and a half, the American people remained relatively stationary. It is not wrong to say that there were waves of immigration to conquered territories, but many of those were paid by the government or given other incentives to stake out new land. In 1920, Joe Steele announced the Homestead Act, promising twenty acres of land in the new Canadian states and northern Pacifica to any who dared commit to the trek. But the Destiny Road made moving from state to state easy for the first time ever.

Before the Destiny Road, there were still highways and byways one could travel upon to criss-cross the country, but these often could turn to gravel or worse, old wagon routes, especially the farther west one went. There was also the danger of natural disasters, such as bridge collapses and rockslides. While the roads had built up on the state level back on the east coast, they were too small and constipated to afford a pleasant driving experience. Indeed, the roads into Philadelphia, known as the Philadelphia Paths and controlled by the Pennsylvania Transit Authority (a subdivision of the Office of Public Works), was so packed at all times that President Steele referred to it as "a hive of angry WASPS." The Office of Public Works, still under the control of an aging Supreme Chief Matilda Richardson, was particularly displeased with the state of America's roadways. According to Richardson, the fact the state governments utilized Inferior laborers to repave or lay roads was detrimental to the entire system, as the laborers worked for free but also had no pride in their work or were too stupid to properly utilize state-of-the-art concrete mixers and other apparatuses of the modern era. The fact that an Inferior work detail laying road near Elyton, Revere, rioted in 1919 and killed their RUMP overseers before rollicking through the state in one of the greatest crime sprees of the early 20th century didn't help opinions either. Clearly, a new solution was needed.

Though Joe Steele would always claim and receive credit for coming up with the idea of the Destiny Road, he merely named it. In reality, the true honor should have gone to Bradley Walters, the Under-Chief of Public Works, and Ralph Polk, the Inspector General of Highways and Infrastructure. The two men developed the idea of a nation-wide interstate system monitored and maintained by the central government over the summer of 1920, during a two-month excursion across the country to investigate the state of the roadways. They reported back to Richardson that, "The roadways of America are a disgrace, some still shell-pocked and ravaged by the war, fully over a half a decade since its end." They went on to tell Steele's mother-figure that something needed to be done to improve the state of the roads lest foreign swing take advantage of this glaring weakness during any possible invasion scenario. The new system would need to be built by Betters to maintain quality control. They also said it would relieve congestion around the major cities, which was all Steele needed to hear when Richardson pitched the idea to him.

In 1922, after two years of round-the-clock planning and coordinating with state and local officials, Walters and Polk asked for the new Interstate National Highway System to be approved for central government funding. Steele remarked, "I like the entire concept very much. Everything but the name. It's so boring. It's not going to get people excited to go build it and do their best work. INHS? Bah, we can do better. It must carry the beckoning call of adventure and interest to get the public really on-board. The Destiny Road! That's it. Use that. Always use people's patriotic souls to stir them to hard tasks." With that, the Destiny Road was born. The choice of "Road" in the singular tense was a deliberate one, as it served to convey the idea of one enormous road connecting the country, rather than disparate and lonely stretches of paved paths. It was meant to be something truly grand, unlike anything in the world. When the public first was introduced to the concept via promotional reels and pamphlets, the reaction was overwhelmingly positive. From February to June, 1922, over a million people signed up to work on the Destiny Road project.

TO BE CONTINUED ASAP.

For an Cthulhuian America TL, the Irish-American song of the Civil War We’ll Fight for Uncle Sam has a very interesting line : Beneath the Starry Banner.

Last edited:
Speculation about a South American guerilla war assumes that the RU won't be slinging atoms by the time things kick into high gear. I'm pretty sure that once casualties get high enough, they'll pull back and start glassing. Not like anybody but Infees would die, and it would also clear the land at the same time.