Also, shouldn't the Congress of Australia be called the Senate to make it more in line w/England?

I considered that, but I decided to throw in a little variety to make it more interesting later on to describe. Kinda like how OTL Australia uses a dollar despite England using a pound.

Personally I think the French are falling waaaaaay too quickly.

I'm not a huge fan of how the Louisiana purchase was handled iTTL: while I could see them selling part of it and can see certain narrative advantages, I just don't see them giving up New Orleans. Personally I would have preferred it if they only sold part of it to the Americans, settlers continued to flood in and it was an ongoing dispute up to Custer. Plus, I wish the actual name for one of the new territories were 'Lewisiana'.

If you don't want to retcon down this route (which I would understand), I still think the Americans got waaaaaaaay too much of the Oregon Country. California should be massive IMO, and the Republicans should get a coastal strip at most.

I just don't think Napoleon II possibly would have allowed the fall of Cornwall and Wales. That marks a decisive end to the Pax Napoleonica, one which should be resulting in unrest in Spain and the Rheinbund. Same goes for the Americans annexing Greenland - it absolutely jeopardizes Canada. Have it annexed to the Kingdom of Quebec, it's just too big a strategic shortfall to possibly be allowed.

And generally, I'd say tone it down with the racism at this point, let it build more slowly.

Off criticism, I assume that the Commonwealth retains titles of nobility? Cromwell certainly did.

Personally I think the French are falling waaaaaay too quickly.

I'm not a huge fan of how the Louisiana purchase was handled iTTL: while I could see them selling part of it and can see certain narrative advantages, I just don't see them giving up New Orleans. Personally I would have preferred it if they only sold part of it to the Americans, settlers continued to flood in and it was an ongoing dispute up to Custer. Plus, I wish the actual name for one of the new territories were 'Lewisiana'.

If you don't want to retcon down this route (which I would understand), I still think the Americans got waaaaaaaay too much of the Oregon Country. California should be massive IMO, and the Republicans should get a coastal strip at most.

I just don't think Napoleon II possibly would have allowed the fall of Cornwall and Wales. That marks a decisive end to the Pax Napoleonica, one which should be resulting in unrest in Spain and the Rheinbund. Same goes for the Americans annexing Greenland - it absolutely jeopardizes Canada. Have it annexed to the Kingdom of Quebec, it's just too big a strategic shortfall to possibly be allowed.

And generally, I'd say tone it down with the racism at this point, let it build more slowly.

Off criticism, I assume that the Commonwealth retains titles of nobility? Cromwell certainly did.

The French are actually going to whoop ass here shortly, believe me. I'm already writing it. I never intended them to fall, Napoleon II is just dealing with five million things at once but is more calculated than you might think. He's also going to order the Americans out of Greenland and secure France. He's a man willing to negotiate over future conquests, but he'll never truly jeopardize his most valued holdings. They are also going to hurry and claim all remaining land in Canada and announce any incursions onto it will be an act of war. Plus, more autonomy, at least in name, for the Rheinbund and other holdings.

I was actually going to have France hold New Orleans until much later, but my current idea is that a war breaks out in the 1850s/60s over Georgia restricting the Union's shipping rights into the Gulf. If there is a war with France at that point the Union WILL lose badly. There's just no hope. Without New Orleans and the securing of the Gulf and Mississippi, there is no way for the Union to expand and become the big bad by the 1900s. So to help the narrative along I had to give New Orleans to Georgia. For them to lose it. lol One of my least favorite things about Classic was my handling of Louisiana. If Custer took it at the same time period as Classic, there's no way it would be built up in time to serve much good.

I actually agree about Lewisiana as a name. I miss it. I will retcon it in instead of Lewisland. Easy enough!

Since the French or Russians didn't really hold claim to the Oregon country yet, the Americans basically came in and took it. Napoleon II wants to keep the peace and prevent war, so he basically just goes along with it as long as the Union goes along with California. You could say he blundered though, which would be a realistic thing to do for an Emperor ruling over the largest Empire the world has seen in millennia. Look at Napoleon's invasion of Russia OTL. Losing Oregon doesn't seem close to as bad as losing 600,000 soldiers.

Wales has not fallen. They are still their own state and a French satellite, they just experienced unrest. Maybe I should have clarified.

Aside from Australia doing its own thing, the racism hasn't really increased since the AFC came to power? England isn't truly racist yet, or Norway.

I would say to the nobility question: England probably respects medals and awards earned in Royal service. But I don't really think anyone there after the war would like to continue to use titles. The Republicans would likely call them Royalists. They probably also say that Cromwell's mistake was letting it go on. The monarchy has been an embarrassment for so long, no one wants to associate with it at this point (at least in the population that didn't flee).

EDIT: Lewisland is now Lewisiana!

EDIT: Changing it BACK to Lewisland. When the Union inevitably annexes Georgian Louisiana, they can always call THAT Lewisiana. Best of both worlds!

Last edited:
CHAPTER 30
Like I said, France is about to come roaring back to show everyone who is Caesar! I've been plotting a Franco-Ottoman War for some time now.

CHAPTER 30
THE BONAPARTES AND HAPSBURGS REGROUP

500px-Proposed_German_National_Flag_1948.svg.png

Flag of the Rheinbund
Napoleon immediately feared any form of Nordreich growth, and he wanted to make sure his territories along the Rhine never drifted into the Berlin camp. He had finished forming the union with Austria-Hungary, which would become a part of the United Empire upon the ascension of his son, Napoleon III. Thus, the Confederation of the Rhine, the Rheinnbund, was given an increase in power and a stronger government. Instead of directly ruling it himself, he installed his 20 year-old adopted son Francis Joseph as High King of the Bund. Though the High King was technically over all the other monarchs of the Bund, including Napoleon II's own uncle King Jerome of Westphalia, he still was a puppet of Napoleon II. Many historians have claimed this prevented Francis Joseph from wanting more power, as he allegedly felt robbed upon the birth of Napoleon III. Soon after, the Rheinbund adopted a flag for the first official time and the government's popularity sky-rocketed and Rheinish pride glowed. The many kingdoms and principalities and such inside the Confederation had to bow down to their overlord the High King. They kept their thrones, but they were increasingly losing real independence in their own affairs. In a similar move, Napoleon II abdicated the throne of Italy and put Francis Joseph's younger brother Maximilien in place. Finally, Charles Louis, the youngest Hapsburg brother, was given the crown of Andorra. Lastly, Napoleon II actually returned sovereignty of Lisbon back to Portugal for their many years of faithful alliance. The main reason for Napoleon II's abdication in Italy and the placing of Maximilien (now Massimiliano I) as King of Italy was because he feared revolutionary and unionist sentiment sweeping Italy and thought greater autonomy would ease any tensions of that matter. He truly desired for the Italian nation to be unified into a greater Empire of Italy, but knew that would require unseating cousins from their thrones, something which he simply could not bring himself to do.

Most interestingly, Napoleon II's son was growing into a young man and would one day inherit the thrones of France, Spain, and Austria-Hungary. Many ideas were bandied about as to what this colossal empire would be named. Some suggested "Tripartite Empire," but Caesar rejected this as it could snub Hungary, who technically had their own crown in the Empire of Austria-Hungary. Still others suggested suggested things like "Quadripartite Empire" and "Imperial Union." These did not appeal to Napoleon II. Finally, he came up with the name himself: The United Empire of Europa. It was perfect. It respected all parties involved, had a better ring to it, cooled down nationalist tensions, and allowed for expansion. Moreover, its citizens could be called "Europans" as a demonym. It was just what he wanted. Thus, Prince Napoleon III was given the title of Prince Imperial of the United Empire of Europa. While the Empire at its heart was still clearly French, things were moving in an unusual direction of an identity emerging for all the peoples of Catholic Southern Europe. This played right into the hands of the anti-Catholic propagandists in America and England. But it also stuck a finger in the eye of the Nordreich and its desire to form a pan-ethnic upstart empire. Wilhelm might be the Kaiser in the North, but Napoleon III would be the Caesar of Europa.

44697341044_8cb11a3669.jpg

One of the many proposed flags for the pan-European Bonapartist superstate

europa.png

Another proposed flag for the potential future Empire of Europa

Another issue of the time was the American presence in Greenland. This was an obvious move to create a choke-point to strangle Canada and Quebec if war came. This was unacceptable. Napoleon ordered the Union to remove its ships and men from Greenland and in return he would recognize the new new nation as a neutral power, just as he had with Mexico. He also got the Nordreich on board to restore balance to the Pax Napoleonica, as it didn't want to see Greenland be occupied by France either in the event of a stupid war that the Union would certainly lose. Prussia didn't hate the Union, but they also saw their ships in Greenland as obvious imperialism. Tensions were high for a while, but Napoleon was Caesar and he called the upstart Union's bluff, and their ships left Greenland waters in 1846, having only been there for a few months.

Napoleon II was worried his fair-handed dealings with friend and foe would make him look weak to his people, so he knew he had to crack the whip and go on the offensive. French and Irish troops moved into Wales and Scotland in late 1846, ending any possibility of a reunified Britain. A mass wave of arrests occurred in Wales, and a leading pro-English political party found itself behind bars. In Europe proper, he also signed the Anti-Slavery Law, ending slavery in France and its holdings forever. This caused a further rift between the Empire and the Southron nations. From that point on, the Empire announced it would transform the Continental System idea into the World System, policing the waves for slave traders. During the Balkan Wars, Napoleon II also applied the System to the Ottoman Empire for its insane levels of brutality and murder. Despite his own rather dubious feelings on liberty, Caesar was largely responsible for the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in Europe and ending Mediterranean piracy and slavery from North Africa forever. This was the foundation of the French colonial empire in North Africa, marked out since the Congress of Berlin years before. Caesar's goal was to eventually take Egypt and complete his father's dream. This would lead to the Franco-Ottoman War of the 1850s, which would show the world that Caesar Napoleon II was not a man to be trifled with. Not only would he seek to take Egypt, but he would take the Holy Land itself. Meanwhile, Russia would makes moves toward Istanbul and heighten tensions between the Czar and Caesar....

List of Bonaparte-Hapsburg Leaders of the 1840s-1850s:
  • Napoleon II, (born 1811) Caesar of the United Empire of France and Spain, Emperor of the United Empire of Brazil and Rio de la Plata, Lord of Mann and the Channel Isles, Mediator of the Helvetic Confederation, Protector of the Confederation of the Rhine
  • Napoleon III, (born 1839) Prince Imperial of the United Empire of Europa, Prince Imperial of the United Empire of Brazil and Rio de la Plata, Prince Imperial of the Empire of Austria-Hungary, Prince of Bohemia, Duke of Reichstadt, Prince of Bombay
  • Francis Joseph I (Franz Josef I), (born 1830) High King of the Confederation of the Rhine
  • Massimiliano I, (born 1832) King of Italy, Count of Vienna
  • Charles Louis I, (born 1833) King of Andorra
  • Zénaïde I, (born 1801 died 1854) Queen of the Two Sicilies
  • Carlotta I, (born 1824) Queen of the Two Sicilies
  • Dominic I, (born 1798) King of Ireland
  • Louis I, (born 1778 died 1846) King of Holland
  • Louis Napoleon I, (born 1808) King of Holland
  • Karl I, (born 1786 died 1858) Grand Duke of Baden (married to Princess Stéphanie, daughter of Napoleon I)
  • Karl Napoleon I, (born 1813) Grand Duke of Baden
  • Elisa Napoleona (born 1806) Princess of Lucca and Piombino
463px-Franz_Joseph_of_Austria_young.jpg

High King Francis Joseph I (Hoher Koenig Franz Josef I) of the Rheinbund

440px-Emperador_Maximiliano_I_de_Mexico.jpg

King Massimiliano I of the Kingdom of Italy

Archduke_Karl_Ludwig_of_Austria.JPG

King Charles Louis I of Andorra

578px-Zenaide_and_Charlotte_Bonaparte_p1000603.jpg

Queen Zénaïde I of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

1837-lady-jane-erskine-by_med.jpeg

Queen Carlotta I of the Two Sicilies

250px-Arthur_Sullivan.jpg

Dominic I, King of Ireland

392px-LouisBonaparte_Holland.jpg

Louis I of Holland

411px-Napoleon_III_Flandrin.jpg

Louis Napoleon I of Holland

400px-Grossherzog_Karl_von_Baden_1811.jpg

Grand Duke Karl I of Baden

Napoleon_Karel_Gregorius_Jacob_Filips_Bonaparte.jpg

Grand Duke Karl Napoleon I of Baden

Cora-Countess-of-Strafford-by-Sargent.-1899.jpg

Princess Elisa Napoleona I of Lucca and Piombino

Last edited:
Holy moly, I just thought of something:

What if, this entire time, Napoleon II has been planning to take Egypt and the Levant as his ultimate achievement? What if all the wars prevented, all the concessions, treaties, and demands have all led to him being able to fulfill his father's dreams and take Cairo and Alexandria, and do him one better and thrill his Catholic citizens, especially in Austria, by taking the Holy Land and truly recreating the Roman Empire? This is actually mind-blowing as a character arc, and I didn't actually intend it that way. But what if that's been his plan all along? 0_0

"What is a man's goal who rules half the globe? What more could he possibly want in life? Surely, he could run himself ragged just keeping up on the day-to-day running of his masterpiece. But the masterpiece is not finished until the painter is content. If you stop setting new goals or a grand final goal for yourself, complacency will take its place. You will grow fat and old and die a miserable man, unable to take your riches with you. A ruler who truly seeks to fulfill his destiny, to be the actual master of his destiny, knows to never quit until your masterpiece is truly complete. My father was unable to hold Egypt, something which forever humiliated him. Now, as I stand at the face of the Sphinx, my boots upon the dusty corpses of the Pharaohs of old, I am fulfilling not just my destiny, but my father's. A century of dreams realized in an instant. Now, as I gaze at the pyramids, the bodies of my enemies strewn before me all the way to Jerusalem, the Eagle raised over Suez, I know I can die in peace. I am fulfilled. My masterpiece is finished. I am Caesar, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords."

- Napoleon II

38909.jpg

Yvon_Bataille_de_Solferino_Compiegne.jpg

Last edited:
7 chapters in 2 days?! You’re spoiling us Napoleon.

Glad to see slavery is finally being abolished in the less insane parts of the world, though it looks like it’s gonna play badly for the South. And they’re not going to be happy about that snub to a cornerstone of their culture and economy.

With Victoria acting so often against her fathers and parliaments desires, would it not have made sense for them to have a backup in mind? Even some vague related cousin they could present? Granted, it probably wouldn’t soothe an unhappy populous, but it would make them look a little more competent.

Is Greenland capable of supporting themselves, or they going to utterly dependent on someone else? Little surprised you didn’t merge them with Iceland.

Zillian

Gone Fishin'
What is this... madness?
Yet I am keeping reading it.

I have a question. Why was the English kings that insane? They was not that bad in OTL

Also:

CHAPTER 12:
THE CONGRESS OF VIENNA 1826

1812-copy-png.410435

- SNIP -

MAP OF THE WORLD FOLLOWING THE 1826 CONGRESS OF VIENNA

This map of the world does not work

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
will liberalism still be a idea by the way 1900

Can't say canonically, it will still probably be an idea albeit one that has next to no prevalence in a world gone mad.

At least they got rid of the anarchists though, that's a plus.

I beg to differ. :p

February 30

There is no February 30th...?

Mussolini would probably be angry at the fact that he'd lose out to creating the Roman Empire.

And that's why he goes into car manufacturing in Classic. :p

And again, over half a dozen updates in 48 hours! I'm loving every bit of this world which has been running on Finagle's Law since 1812. Keep it up, man!

If it wasn't the fact England and American was helping Norway, I be more happy for it. A pity we couldn't get a surviving Denmark-Norway.

GREECE FOR THE WIN.

The North is Rising...

Napoleon II is truly showing to be not just his father's equal, but even better then him.

Holy moly, I just thought of something:

What if, this entire time, Napoleon II has been planning to take Egypt and the Levant as his ultimate achievement? What if all the wars prevented, all the concessions, treaties, and demands have all led to him being able to fulfill his father's dreams and take Cairo and Alexandria, and do him one better and thrill his Catholic citizens, especially in Austria, by taking the Holy Land and truly recreating the Roman Empire? This is actually mind-blowing as a character arc, and I didn't actually intend it that way. But what if that's been his plan all along? 0_0

"What is a man's goal who rules half the globe? What more could he possibly want in life? Surely, he could run himself ragged just keeping up on the day-to-day running of his masterpiece. But the masterpiece is not finished until the painter is content. If you stop setting new goals or a grand final goal for yourself, complacency will take its place. You will grow fat and old and die a miserable man, unable to take your riches with you. A ruler who truly seeks to fulfill his destiny, to be the actual master of his destiny, knows to never quit until your masterpiece is truly complete. My father was unable to hold Egypt, something which forever humiliated him. Now, as I stand at the face of the Sphinx, my boots upon the dusty corpses of the Pharaohs of old, I am fulfilling not just my destiny, but my father's. A century of dreams realized in an instant. Now, as I gaze at the pyramids, the bodies of my enemies strewn before me all the way to Jerusalem, the Eagle raised over Suez, I know I can die in peace. I am fulfilled. My masterpiece is finished. I am Caesar, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords."

- Napoleon II

38909.jpg

Yvon_Bataille_de_Solferino_Compiegne.jpg

I would not be surprise if he adds the title of 'Pharaoh' the the even longer list of titles follow by a wave of Egyptomania, or set up a new Israel/Judah in the Holy Land. (Same with a Phoenician Lebanon.)

Thoughts:
1. With the end of slavery the Southron nations will need to either industrialize or attract more immigrants to make up for labor shortages. Since the South is more Catholic friendly I see them advertising in Europe and Latin America.