Thank you! I always intended to cover the colonies more, it's just tough when you literally have to fabricate the entire history of things that never happened, like French Australia, when you're also managing the main dystopian plotline. I'll definitely be asking for help!
I'll have to admit--I was a bit unsatisfied at how East Asia just rolled over and died when the Bonapartes divvied up Asia in the original, so I'll be looking forward to what you have in the remake.

SuperZtar64

Banned
Up-and-coming Arthur Wellesley, thought the plan smelled of "French froggery," and was the only one to voice this opinion to the King, but William was too panicked to listen. The stress was starting to get to him, and he was showing signs of mental illness just like the two Georges before him. He became obsessive over protecting Canada, and it was the biggest mistake he ever made.
Jesus, that's a big Pennsylvania. Even larger than last time. Why's that changed?

Jesus, that's a big Pennsylvania. Even larger than last time. Why's that changed?

Looking at the last thread, it has that same map. I'm guessing Pennsylvania threw out an outrageous claim so that Philadelphia could downsize them to "only" controlling the Ohio Country, which was likely their goal all along. Tricky bastards.

Also, is the RU going to buy off that Virginia panhandle? Right now, it's like a weird thorn jutting into their territory.

SuperZtar64

Banned
Looking at the last thread, it has that same map. I'm guessing Pennsylvania threw out an outrageous claim so that Philadelphia could downsize them to "only" controlling the Ohio Country, which was likely their goal all along. Tricky bastards.

Also, is the RU going to buy off that Virginia panhandle? Right now, it's like a weird thorn jutting into their territory.
Speaking of, you know what I always thought would be a cool idea? A series of writeups about people who live in that area, like in Weirton or New Cumberland.

xsampa

Banned
One thing that stood out to me as implausible in the original was the absence of Realpolitik during the Cold Wars, especially the Second Cold War. Sure, the Filipinos may be Beutelists, but if supporting Beutelists keeps American influence away, why not?

One of the things is I like to see in the redux timeline is the Republican Union gradually spreading their brand of Christianity to other parts of the world, most notably in countries where the French screwed them over such as Britain and Mexico. Add in Korea, Japan, and parts of Africa and the Pacific, under the pretext they are "protected" from European imperialism, and the RU has a longstanding alliance for when the inevitable war against France and her allies comes. And that's before the RU/NUSA develops its racist hate-boner its nonwhite/non-English speaking allies and later backstabs them after outliving their "usefulness".

Last edited:
One of the things is I like to see in the redux timeline is the Republican Union gradually spreading their brand of Christianity to other parts of the world, most notably in countries where the French screwed them over such as Britain and Mexico. Add in Korea, Japan, and parts of Africa and the Pacific, under the pretext they are "protected" from European imperialism, and the RU has a longstanding alliance for when the inevitable war against France and her allies comes. And that's before the RU/NUSA develops its racist hate-boner its nonwhite/non-English speaking allies and later backstabs them after outliving their "usefulness".

While this sounds interesting, I wonder how it would work. If I remember correctly, the RU/NUSA's brand of Christianity was pretty explicitly racist from the start.

While this sounds interesting, I wonder how it would work. If I remember correctly, the RU/NUSA's brand of Christianity was pretty explicitly racist from the start.
Maybe it does not have to start out as racist at first. Considering that the RU tolerated African-Americans and Jews before Charles "The Absolute Madman" Oswald and his successors came to power, I could see the RU tolerating their non-white population and allies as long as they share the same customs (including same religion and to some extent language) as they do. Essentially, RU whites will start out as cultural bigots that hate everybody that's not them or their allies, as they hate on France, Russia, Southron nations, and practically everyone else, before descending into pure racial bigots that have hate everyone that's not WASP or WASP-like.

Napoleon just wondering are you going to continue or redo Pay the Bonus? (it's one of my favorite timeline)

First off, thank you! I plan on eventually continuing it, but I also plan on merging some of its concepts, ideas, and even characters into The Union Forever. I wouldn't be surprised if, say, the Second Sons of Liberty, would pop up here. Heck, my favorite patriot group has appeared in everything wayyyy back in American King, my first real TL like 8 years ago (*shudders as realizes age*).

One thing that always bugged me about the original WMIT was how far and how fast the RU expanded without any real opposition from anybody and how the south largely remained inside their original succession borders, especially when the RU was encircling them. Always thought it odd that the old slaver class wouldn’t be chompin at the bit to push west or into Africa to find and exploit more land. Maybe have the Southerners more involved and complacent in their own inevitable betrayal and destruction?

This is an excellent idea about the south. I may take you up on that idea.

I'd like to see less random converges like Madagascar and Morroco ending up as French just because.

I will definitely be altering or elaborating on such things with help from you guys because my Asian/African history has never been my strong suit (my strong suit is Colonial, American, and the World Wars). I'm currently in the midst of studying Ancient Rome in my free time. Sometimes when you don't know how to handle the situation and it's too far gone to have well-researched ideas of what, say, Madagascar would be like in this TL, it's easiest just to give brief summaries of events there that seem believable rather than elaborate ones that will get called out as impossible by those well-versed in the regions' histories.

I'm sorry, but you seemed to forget what Berlin Decree is all about in the 6th chapter.

I don't understand what you mean? It starts the Continental System which, coinciding with the huge fall of prestige for Britain, helps solidify French control in Europe. It's mostly just sheer luck on Napoleon's part, though, as Britain blunders its way to its own destruction and he just takes the credit.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean? It starts the Continental System which, coinciding with the huge fall of prestige for Britain, helps solidify French control in Europe. It's mostly just sheer luck on Napoleon's part, though, as Britain blunders its way to its own destruction and he just takes the credit.
That had been a mistake on my part. I thought it was about something else.

Among the changes I'm considering from the original version of WMiT is more plagues to create a truly crapsack world. Something based on pellagra from the Inferiors of Society not getting proper nutrition could be part of this hellscape. The Union would say "See! God is judging them! Pestilence rides against the unholy!"

Here's an interesting video on it to show my idea:

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
I remember reading the whole thing in February last year. I was quite impressed, and boom I see you're rewriting it! Yet another follower subbed.

I am looking forward to seeing what changes here!