I realized that a society where coke, meth, and LSD are all legal but weed isn't is just so crazy. Although here's a thought, what if because all the LSD and meth merchants were affiliated with Steele, one of Oswald's first acts is to start a War on Drugs that is all of the worst aspects of the OTL drug war cranked up to 11.

Oswald's whole thing is hedonism and consumerism in the name of fascism. People can do just about all the drugs they want. I proposed in the EU that the Cokies start a War on Drugs. Not because of public health mind you, but because cocaine was invented by a black man, thus triggering them to no end.

I proposed in the EU that the Cokies start a War on Drugs. Not because of public health mind you, but because cocaine was invented by a black man, thus triggering them to no end.
"If it was dicovered God is black, the Cokies would probably start workshipping Satan." is probably a popular proverb in the RU

There were references to segregated army units in the Great World War being created to appease older Southrons. I get the feeling that as the later generations were raised by the Custer Youth and AFC, such feelings went away. However, I would like to know how much of traditional southern culture is left. I'm not entirely sure whether the Union would tolerate regional variations to some degree, or view them as a threat.

There were references to segregated army units in the Great World War being created to appease older Southrons. I get the feeling that as the later generations were raised by the Custer Youth and AFC, such feelings went away. However, I would like to know how much of traditional southern culture is left. I'm not entirely sure whether the Union would tolerate regional variations to some degree, or view them as a threat.
They probably tolerate them to some extent but work to eliminate them over time through propaganda and education.

The Union is definitely going to tolerate regional cultures. Napo told us that the results of the (non-existent) cloud of soot and the war would be to create a subculture in the areas of Old Mexico.

I actually think that while the South is mostly assimilated, some Southroness remains. In ancient times, after Rome annexed Greece, the Romans encouraged the Spartans to preserve their traditional ways. Not because they needed Spartan troops, if anything Sparta was a drop in the bucket. Rather, it was because the Romans used Sparta as a kind of theme park. Spartan culture became a tourist attraction. I could see the Union doing the same, albeit diluting Southron culture to fit their tastes

Perhaps there could be an organization of Southron resistance who was forced to go underground during the Steele era. Of course after the conquest of Latin America plenty of them went to the wilds of South America where they rebuilt amongst the jungles.

Perhaps there could be an organization of Southron resistance who was forced to go underground during the Steele era. Of course after the conquest of Latin America plenty of them went to the wilds of South America where they rebuilt amongst the jungles.
Like the Confederados, but with more terrorism.

I think "chocolate pork rinds" just about sums up the RU South. I really don't think they'll be that secessionist, though-- think of how many might have family in Old Mexico.

Also, check out this TV sign-off montage from the USSR. Watch until the end for the ideal experience.

Last edited:
I think "chocolate pork rinds" just about sums up the RU South. I really don't think they'll be that secessionist, though-- think of how many might have family in Old Mexico.

Also, check out this TV sign-off montage from the USSR. Watch until the end for the ideal experience.

Chocolate pork rinds.... I need to shower in bleach after reading that. It offends every fiber of my being as a Southerner.

Also, that video is great! Perfect Loomie aesthetic. On a related note, I think I found a perfect sign on and/or sign off for the next radio chapter:

Just remove the Voice of America from Washington D.C. bit and put it in after the intro/end.

Are there any places that would take independence over trying to reunite the NUSA as there would be no inferior nations left on the hemisphere as Hawaii had 20 thousand OTL without a genocide so their dead the south was assimilated by brainwashing the youth Mexico is dead and South America is still kicking but their not going to last about 20 more years of being immolated so the broken Ru could be like ancient China shattered but coming together through sheer force of arms as when 99 percent of your population is betters you don't have to worry about minorities successfully breaking away and forming their own nations like in the Soviet Union due to differences in culture.

I like that idea. Sounds like something that could be modeled in one of the Civilization games. Possibly a modded IV, given the ability to pick "Civics" along a number of different axes. Alternatively, if we're not restricting it to just alt-Americas, throw in the Commonwealth from "Why the Chinese Play Cricket". (Albeit partly because the reactions particularly from Steele/Oswald would be hilarious).
Now that could be fun!

I'm still here guys! Sorry, I just haven't felt like writing dystopia with all the unfortunate current events. I will return soon though! I'm also under a tornado warning atm.

Tonight I may also post a more upbeat short story in ASB, so look out for that. :)

AHE

Gone Fishin'
I'm still here guys! Sorry, I just haven't felt like writing dystopia with all the unfortunate current events. I will return soon though! I'm also under a tornado warning atm.

Tonight I may also post a more upbeat short story in ASB, so look out for that. :)
nice

Stay safe and take all the time you need!

Honestly, the way I deal with RL is by writing gratuitous catharsis and playing games trying to get the most utopian ending possible. Maybe lending your considerable talents to a utopian project should be your next magnum opus! :D

It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the War Pigs timeline you did awhile back? Since that timeline kinda reminded me of the Janissary series by Jerry Pournelle and the Doomfare of coramonde (for obvious reasons ;) .)