Don't forget also that a lot of people of Latin and Catholic heritage likely avoided the Americas altogether after the Union achieved dominance in the hemisphere, fearful of almost certain future immolations, so a lot of immigration likely would not have taken place.

By 1910 OTL, immigrants from southern and eastern Europe made up ~ 10% of the United States' population. The Union's population will definitely be lower than OTL. Perhaps this will encourage the spread of polygamy; that and the casualties from the war.

By 1910 OTL, immigrants from southern and eastern Europe made up ~ 10% of the United States' population. The Union's population will definitely be lower than OTL. Perhaps this will encourage the spread of polygamy; that and the casualties from the war.
Not entirely true. The AFC and RU bigwigs have always encouraged American Betters to have big families, helping offset the costs of large families with stuff like Custer Youth. They also encouraged immigration from Better nations like England and Germany as well as traditionally OTL oppressed groups like Jews and Blacks

Don't forget also that a lot of people of Latin and Catholic heritage likely avoided the Americas altogether after the Union achieved dominance in the hemisphere, fearful of almost certain future immolations, so a lot of immigration likely would not have taken place.
While there's still probably a lot of immigration (people will always want to escape to pastures new if the old ones sucked or have no chance at social/economic mobility) , the fact one of the traditional release valves for social pressure might explain why europe is suffering from so much suck lately

I don’t think we’ll see full on polygamy but I think that as we go into the Oswald years polyamory will become more common even if it’s on the sly with birth control illegal or restricted for “restricting pinnacle fluids”

Congrats for WMIT Volume II
Joe Steele I.png

Not entirely true. The AFC and RU bigwigs have always encouraged American Betters to have big families, helping offset the costs of large families with stuff like Custer Youth. They also encouraged immigration from Better nations like England and Germany as well as traditionally OTL oppressed groups like Jews and Blacks
I know that immigration from Better nations would help, as well as oppressed Betters in European colonies, but Italian, Russian, and Irish immigration was a significant factor that will be lacking ITTL. The Union population is certainly large enough for this not to affect the outcome of the war, but they will definitely be hurting for manpower after the fact.

I know that immigration from Better nations would help, as well as oppressed Betters in European colonies, but Italian, Russian, and Irish immigration was a significant factor that will be lacking ITTL. The Union population is certainly large enough for this not to affect the outcome of the war, but they will definitely be hurting for manpower after the fact.
I think insanely large families will help to offset that to a certain degree. There's a recent Atlantic article that's made a bit of a stir about how the replacement of the extended family by the nuclear family starting in the 19th century has helped fracture society because the nuclear family can't withstand serious shocks to the system, and it got me thinking: I'd presume that (for the majority of AFC true believers, at any rate) disproportionately large families would remain the norm well into the Pinnacle Future, giving the average family in the RU enough redundant support structures to remain fairly stable in the face of adversity, reducing overall dissatisfaction with the system in the process. The suburbanites and upper class would opt toward smaller families, but affluence helps insulate, and they're top of the heap regardless. The rich get rich and the poor have children, it's the American way ;)

I completely updated the Life of Chuck vignette on page 1 and gave it an entirely new ending and improved language. I only ended it where it was last night out of mental and physical exhaustion. Enjoy!

When those words left his big, fat mouth I finally exploded, shoving him away. "OF COURSE I'M FUCKING UPSET, YOU INCOMPETENT ASS HAT. YOU BROUGHT ME THE SEVERED HEAD OF A MAJOR POLITICAL FIGURE! WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANNA GIVE YOU A FUCKING HUG WHEN YOU HAVE GOVERNOR ANDERSON'S HEAD ON MY FUCKING FLOOR IN A PICNIC BASKET? GET THAT SHIT OUT OF HERE BEFORE I HAVE YOU SHIPPED TO FUCKING ALASKA, YOU DUMB GOON!"
Somehow, this entire scene is the funniest thing I've seen all year.

I was in total WTF laughter mode all the way through.

Also, Chuck seems less like a monster and more like...just an addict who should not be in charge of a country. Less evil and more just fucking high. He actually seems less evil here than his minions!

Also, Chuck seems less like a monster and more like...just an addict who should not be in charge of a country. Less evil and more just fucking high. He actually seems less evil here than his minions!
It is from his perspective (or at least most of Chapter 0). Most people don't think they're evil. I'd say he's still really evil, but also funny.

It is from his perspective (or at least most of Chapter 0). Most people don't think they're evil. I'd say he's still really evil, but also funny.

THIS. lol I was trying to show his little daily rituals through the eyes of his own narcissistic self-loving psychotic machismo.

1582351876471.png

"This is off the latest Zap Zephyr soundtrack album. Harrison Pendleton really brought the horn section through on tracks 4 through 8 to convey the wonders of a pinnacle future where only the strongest survive."

source.gif

"Is that a... raincoat, Chuck?"
"Why yes it is, Bobby!"

Last edited:
To Bobby Stewart, esquire at large. If Governor Anderson produces any excuse as to why the pipeline has not been completed, bring me his fucking head on a silver platter.' I couldn't find a silver platter I thought would keep it from rottin' and stinkin' the place up so I thought you wouldn't mind the icebox.
70lb.jpg

"OF COURSE I'M FUCKING UPSET, YOU INCOMPETENT ASS HAT. YOU BROUGHT ME THE SEVERED HEAD OF A MAJOR POLITICAL FIGURE! WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANNA GIVE YOU A FUCKING HUG WHEN YOU HAVE GOVERNOR ANDERSON'S HEAD ON MY FUCKING FLOOR IN A PICNIC BASKET? GET THAT SHIT OUT OF HERE BEFORE I HAVE YOU SHIPPED TO FUCKING ALASKA, YOU DUMB GOON! AND HAVE SOME SELF-RESPECT AND SCRUB THAT SHITTY MUSK OFF YOU WHILE YOU'RE AT IT! YOU SMELL LIKE A DIME-STORE PROSTITUTE!"
😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Is it wrong that I kinda sympathize with Chuckie right now?

As far as POV chapters go, I would say they can be something that happens every 5-10 chapters or so, and can be used as a neat way to summarize the effects of the events of the previous chapters on people. However, I concur that a more dictionary-esque style of writing is better for the majority of the TL. It gives it more of a historical feel, and frankly you're pretty damn good at it.