You’d have thought they’d try to Bull Shirt their way through and say that’s it’s not a 100 wall of soot but a perfectly natural and rare ground hugging thunderstorm and you need to stay inside or else you’ll get zapped by lightning. It’s complete BS and anyone with two brain cells to rub together will know that but it’s just believable enough to fool those who don’t want to think too hard. Telling someone that the thing right in front of their face and choking their lungs is bound to make people question your authority compared to just confusing them with jargon

You’d have thought they’d try to Bull Shirt their way through and say that’s it’s not a 100 wall of soot but a perfectly natural and rare ground hugging thunderstorm and you need to stay inside or else you’ll get zapped by lightning. It’s complete BS and anyone with two brain cells to rub together will know that but it’s just believable enough to fool those who don’t want to think too hard. Telling someone that the thing right in front of their face and choking their lungs is bound to make people question your authority compared to just confusing them with jargon
That’s why I subscribe to the theory that the ultra net archives have been tampered with to make the sterling era seem even more reality denying than it was.

I could see that. Quite a few people seem to think the Union will turn on and dismember CoCaro but I rather like the idea that they just stay evil best friends. Zap Zephyr teaches us that all the best Homo Pinnacleus have a sidekick

I like this, and I have been having trouble seeing why everyone thinks the Union has to take Carolina. Long post incoming:

I fail to see how even Oswald would find dismembering Ol' Cackalacky to be a good idea for the Union, or himself. No one has given a real reason for the Union to decide to wage a war, another grinding guerrilla war no less, against a nation of Pinnacle Blooded folks who are so close to Yankeeland that the folks in Richmond can probably hear their boys and girls in blue and khaki dying. All I've ever really seen is "lol it's inevitable, look at how big and expansionist the Union is." However, given that even drugged up Oswald seems to have some rational capacities (i.e. being pissed when the popular governor was killed) I don't think it'll happen. Especially since the implications are that the Oswald Reforms get through because people were getting fed up with Steele after his grinding guerrilla war, one which was against people the Yankees were born to hate, and one far enough away that no one could actually see the ORRA and Army boys getting killed from their front porch. A similar war, even if it's smaller in scope, that is literally visible from the Destiny Road will please exactly.... no one. This also doesn't factor in taking on East Carolina (say bye bye to your Caribbean vacation!) or Cokie Africa, which could literally turn into South America 1.5, if not 2.0.

Aside from the domestic implications, this would also be a diplomatic disaster for the Union. Australia, Britain, Norway, Germania, Mittleafrika, CoKorea, and any other allies they pick up would be understandably terrified if the Union just suddenly turned on its oldest, strongest, and most faithful friend. That would be a great way for them to want to cut trade ties with the Union, or at least raise a big stink. NUSA is a mighty empire, maybe the mightiest in human history, but I don't think they could invade all those places at once. Again, more grinding, grueling wars that don't really seem to vibe with the Pinnies very well.

Aside from all of that, I still think Carolina serves another valuable political purpose: a release valve for Pinnacle dissidents. If Carolina survives, and if they go down more of the Fallout-esque Stepford Suburbia route I think would work for them, they become a beautiful place to dump white Steelers. If anything, I think it would be pretty hilarious to see massive retirement communities a la Florida popping up in the Carolinas, and they're full of Steelers who act like Joe is still in office. Of course, if they make too much of a stink about Fascism and the "olden days" then the OPV boys might come in and scare em a bit, but it's not like Oswald gives a damn. Hell, I really do like the idea that Oswald sees Carolina as America's "Skip Hancock" who does Zap's dirty work. Fits the world view. Also, a quick side note before this is concluded: Unless something massively messed up happened to ol Billy Boy (even by WMIT standards) I can't see him sanctioning a war against his homeland. He might be the Yankeest Doodle who ever did Dandy, but we all know he's got that country fried heart, lol.

Last edited:
I like this, and I have been having trouble seeing why everyone thinks the Union has to take Carolina. Long post incoming:

Aside from all of that, I still think Carolina serves another valuable political purpose: a release valve for Pinnacle dissidents. If Carolina survives, and if they go down more of the Fallout-esque Stepford Suburbia route I think would work for them, they become a beautiful place to dump white Steelers. If anything, I think it would be pretty hilarious to see massive retirement communities a la Florida popping up in the Carolinas, and they're full of Steelers who act like Joe is still in office. Of course, if they make too much of a stink about Fascism and the "olden days" then the OPV boys might come in and scare em a bit, but it's not like Oswald gives a damn. Hell, I really do like the idea that Oswald sees Carolina as America's "Skip Hancock" who does Zap's dirty work. Fits the world view. Also, a quick side note before this is concluded: Unless something massively messed up happened to ol Billy Boy (even by WMIT standards) I can't see him sanctioning a war against his homeland. He might be the Yankeest Doodle who ever did Dandy, but we all know he's got that country fried heart, lol.
The concept of Carolina as a "dumping ground for Steelists" made me laugh for some reason. I also compared 1.0 to 2.0. 1.0 seems more obviously dystopian... 2.0 might seem like Stepford Suburbia: looks nice on the surface, ends up as a "nightmare dressed as a daydream". However, 1.0 doesn't bode well for Carolina. Let's hope it's more fortunate than in 1.0...

I have made one mistake. Steele is referred to as President of the United States not the Republican Union but oh well
For a better version click here

LoN_optimized (4).png

Last edited:
I have made one mistake. Steele is referred to as President of the United States not the Republican Union but oh well

View attachment 528618
*insert twenty pages of interacting Free World inhabitants here*

That’s great work, although you need to change that United States bit. Try posting it to Reddit and DeviantArt for more mileage.

Suggestion: for all the blank regions, try inserting caricatures and monsters for all those “here be infee” lands.

I like how all the blue flags occupy their own layer and are flanked by the ones with no blue, and then you have the red-black on the bottom and red-white on the top. So great symmetry, along w/ all the other great things here lmao

As I said in the PM, this is beautiful work. One of the best fan creations so far. I even posted it on my personal facebook in my latest effort to get family to take my writing ambitions seriously. "Look pa, this guy drawed stuffs from mah book." XD

Last edited:
Yo, didn't you say your parents kinda inspired the AFC? How's that going over with them?

I haven't seen my mother in years, but my Dad knows he went way off the deep-end. My sister also sometimes skims my stuff and laughs painfully about it hitting close to home. lol

For those who haven't seen my previous real-life comments on my childhood: I was raised in an evangelical cult in West Virginia that taught me we were basically inches away from being Waco'd. It was a fun time all around. We're all fine now, though, so don't worry. Lol. Writing about that kind of nonsense helps me cope with the memories and make fun of it. I'm a Christian, but I'm just a normal centrist dude, don't worry. lol

Last edited:
WUSN 1050 BROADCAST (EPISODE II)
To fight the end of page curse, here is the new threadmark for Episode II. I also answered all but I believe two PMs and sketched up ideas for the plot of the next full written chapter. Not a bad night!

Here we go! Episode II is now live! The writing is much snappier now that I have a real idea of where to take this. I am SUPER proud of this one. If you liked the first, you'll love this one. Again, this is an official canon update, revealing numerous weird quirks, stories, and worldbuilding intrigues. The next episode will feature mentions of a certain young Graham. Also, with this second episode, you can now sit and listen to RADIO MADNESS for an entire HOUR. There's also a "RADIO MADNESS" Playlist that is now public. Right now it's just the first two episodes of the radio show, but I'll put other songs and videos I find appropriate for the Madnessverse so you can just click play for some aesthetic.

Also, 15 minutes in there is a "Lonely Hearts Club" bit and it is probably some of the funniest WMIT writing I've ever done.

Last edited: