BuoAz2FIEAA1uY2.jpg

A visual representation of the Neutrality Pact's Future (1937)

yah the most the ru gonna have is hirshomia nukes which aren't anyway as powerful as that and are much weaker than people think they are

Quality: Meh
Quantity: Yes.

Honestly, that could be why the Radioactive Zone opens up so soon. If they use, say, 10-20 Hiroshima sized bombs over a relatively wide area, they can still utterly devastate the enemy while actually not doing too much environmental harm in the grand scheme of things. They give it a decade or 15 years, and settlement could be feasible. Honestly, poisoning from chemical agents and environmental devastation by napalm will cause more problems.

Quantity: Yes.

Honestly, that could be why the Radioactive Zone opens up so soon. If they use, say, 10-20 Hiroshima sized bombs over a relatively wide area, they can still utterly devastate the enemy while actually not doing too much environmental harm in the grand scheme of things. They give it a decade or 15 years, and settlement could be feasible. Honestly, poisoning from chemical agents and environ
yah if they could make that many durning the war it took the us a year or 2 to really get the manufacturing down and start chugging them out so they will prob only be able to make one or 2 in the first year

Also they will prob be so rushed in making it that they may not even it or just throw it on a airplane

Also will the us have to worry about aircover when dropping the nukes cause of so that a whole another ballgame

yah if they could make that many durning the war it took the us a year or 2 to really get the manufacturing down and start chugging them out so they will prob only be able to make one or 2 in the first year

Also they will prob be so rushed in making it that they may not even it or just throw it on a airplane

Also will the us have to worry about aircover when dropping the nukes cause of so that a whole another ballgame

Here's something I could see. We can guess, based on the affair at Yankee Stadium and others, that Steele has a flair for the dramatic. He might very well hold off on bomb use until he can do a coordinated "master stroke" that ends the war in like a day. As for air cover, IOTL the US got away with just sending the bombers because they rightly predicted that the Japanese wouldn't suspect anything of a single plane. If that carries over here, you just need 10-20 long range Mitchum Alpha bombers and.... Boom.

I have just realised this: the RU is Britain's main trade partner in this TL.
Considering the RU's economy is going to be horribly damaged by the destruction of the Canal,i can't even immagine the effects this will have on the already collapsing british society

Considering the RU's economy is going to be horribly damaged by the destruction of the Canal,i can't even immagine the effects this will have on the already collapsing british society

What's that you say? Carolinian intervention in Ulster?

Britain was teetering on collapsing now it assures now with that gone which mean the Irish are spared from whatever he has planned and with the ru in chaos and the pact they can’t afford to get into a war in Britain

Britain was teetering on collapsing now it assures now with that gone which mean the Irish are spared from whatever he has planned and with the ru in chaos and the pact they can’t afford to get into a war in Britain
Or a desperate Churcill will invade Ireland in an effort to strenghten his popularity with the english people

Nah the Irish would are too close and would take it over before the Caronlina though I could imangie something in Cornwall or wales

That's true, but intervention doesn't necessarily mean annexation or independence. The Cokies could just send Ulstermen 2: Jingoist Buggaloo and make the war absolute hell for the Irish. Scotland might actually wind up as a Carolinian Ally in such a scenario as well. They actually drank of the Fascist Kool-Aid years before the English, and an alliance with fellow Presbyterians could be seen as preferable to Illuminism or dealing with the declining French.

yes but wouldn’t that remove critical Troops which are need to prevent them from being overthrown considering Britain about to go into apocalyptic mode
Yeah, but i think it has been made perfectly clear Churchill isn't exactly a rational or mental stable leader right now so i can see him committing this mistake

Wait in the update you say that they alwasy have there fingers on the detontar but then it says the peurivan has to reach for it?

Honestly it seem unrealstic for the ru to get inside the canal and swim to one of the boats and get to it and somehow almost climb up it without making noise

Woulnd't the pact have so more boats around it as well?
EDIT: and more secruity around the area as well?

Quick note from work: This is the first time "special forces" have ever been used. Sure the Pact has the commandos, but they still fight with normal tactics once airdropped in. The second watchman likely just craned his body around a corner to see what was happening. Just because their mission was to be suicidal doesn't mean they want to be unless they have no other choice, especially if it wasn't a volunteer job.

Also, the Pact knows if the Canal goes the war is pretty much over in the offensive category. They'll need every possible ship and man to fight, not kill themselves in the Canal.

Yeah, but i think it has been made perfectly clear Churchill isn't exactly a rational or mental stable leader right now so i can see him committing this mistake
so if he does send the troops then he get overthrown and even if the troops do attacke and don’t turn around the second he gets overthrown without any support of any kind won’t they get slaughtered?

so if he does send the troops then he get overthrown and even if the troops do attacke and don’t turn around the second he gets overthrown without any support of any kind won’t they get slaughtered?
Basically what happened to the italian army after 25th July 1943, but probably even more chaotic

Let's pray the team behind the bomb's development suffer a lab accident and die of radiation poisoning.
One of the ideas I sent to Napo was about the Devils Core. Not hard to imagine the kidnapped Dutch scientist arranging an accident like that on purpose.

Here's something I could see. We can guess, based on the affair at Yankee Stadium and others, that Steele has a flair for the dramatic. He might very well hold off on bomb use until he can do a coordinated "master stroke" that ends the war in like a day. As for air cover, IOTL the US got away with just sending the bombers because they rightly predicted that the Japanese wouldn't suspect anything of a single plane. If that carries over here, you just need 10-20 long range Mitchum Alpha bombers and.... Boom.
Eh, I really can't see that happening. The Japanese didn't attack the Enola Gay is largely attributed to the belief that the single plane would be chalked up as a reconnaissance aircraft and not really worth wasting their limited fuel to shoot down. I can't see the Pact being stupid enough to not be concerned by 10-20 longrange bombers. And atomic bombs take a long time to build with 1940s tech. It took 3 years to build just 13 bombs. I can't see Steele waiting that long. He's the kind of guy that would want a big shocking win early as possible. He'd probably go for one bomb as soon as its ready on Lima and then offer peace peace under the bluff of more bombs he doesn't have yet

Last edited: