SuperZtar64

Banned
He's kinda SOL if the RU goes with the "not one drop of Irish blood" schtick (easier to evade until the world invents DNA testing), or if he's a practicing Catholic, or if ORRA finds out he has Irish relatives. If they can't, he's guaranteed a place among the Betters of Society.
Well then I'm not considering that my mother has Irish ancestry... fuck... which means for me... damnit.

But my dad is an atheist, so would that be even worse than a Catholic? Atheism is easy to hide though.

Actually, the RU never really had anything gets blacks. They sort of idolized them as the victims of Southron slavery. Well, until the annexation of the South, though I was never a big fan of the RU's sudden turn; it's acceptance of blacks had made it a rather unique racism up to that point.
Yeah that was a SoD for @Napoleon53 , that was just make NUSA evil because there was a ranout of ideas, would be even more evil, if 'dark as the night' Native Blacks of america are as vicious as their white berthren, a reverse of OTL model minority are the asians.

Some random ideas inspired by my own insomnia...

1. France sells the northern parts of Louisiana largely already settled by the RU but keeps New Orleans and some surrounding territory, which goes on to join the Soutron nations in their alliance later on. Let’s Napoleons successor save face by shedding the unprofitable parts of Louisiana and keeping the good.

2. Grabbing northern Louisiana let’s the RU expand to the Pacific and screw Quebec’s access and give them all the food for their growing population and miles upon miles to hide their secret projects and camps.

3. The RU being the secret backer of various rebellions. Let’s them screw with France and the South and their allies and promote local versions of the AFC. Gives them puppets they can easily walk into later and annex with half the trouble and loyal upper class.

4. Torn between Super-Peru of the original thread and Decades of Darkness’ expansion of the USA* down the the spine of South America.

5. A branch American Fundimentalism popping up in England and Scotland under the name of Albionism and seizing upon the idea of Cromwell as an early AFC prophet. “England Prevails!”.

I'm quarter Asian and 3 quarters Scottish, so I could fake some paperwork and pass as a Better I think.

Also, I would love to see Carolinian Chancellor Dale Earnhardt. Mainly for this:

raise-hell-praise-dale.png

Just change the flag at the top and you have the best campaign poster ever made.

Love the Oswald jingle, Worffan. XD

Any chance of William Dudley Pelley making an appearance? A nutjob like him is pretty much perfect for the AFC. His OTL version was pretty much a historical example of a pulp 'supervillain', considering the fact that he operated the Silver Legion from something that he called the 'World Headquarters'.

I love how absolutely batcrap crazy Pelley is. Might have someone like him at the very least. I want to cover spiritualism in the mid-1800s, too, to quadruple the crazy. "I have summoned the Prophet. He tells how to guide the forces of the Republic." - Chuckie Oswald

Some thoughts:

-Very pleased with the revisions to the Fourth Book of Manifest Destiny, though the last paragraph remains unchanged.

-I prefer the standard US blue to the shade of brown that is now being used for the RU. I imagine it's being used to distinguish between the RU and the inevitable NUSA, but I don't think there's much of a need: they're the same entity, for all intents and purposes.

-I do hope the Rheinbund makes an appearance.

-I think the English are getting too much of Australia. They should be reduced to the southern quarter IMO.

-Is Ontario its own state, or annexed to Chersonesus? The latter would be consistent with the large state model the Republicans are opting for.

I FIXED THE LAST PARAGRAPH. I headdesked when I saw it. lol Thanks for pointing it out.

I kind of prefer the blue myself, but honestly there are a LOT of countries using blue, atm, that are only going to expand. I see why DocBrown chose the reddish-brown color.

Rheinbund will definitely be coming!

I considered the same for Australia, but since it's mostly depopulated and not very useful and Britain lost all of India, I decided to give them a break. lol

I would say Ontario is its own state. If they annexed it into Chersonesus I think there would be far too much civil unrest.

One thing to mind about Pelley, he features prominently in Kaiserreich, where he's basically American Hitler, but somehow even crazier.

Which...miiiight make him showing up here sort of boring by comparison.

Well he was originally a screenwriter, right? What if he sticks to that, but also keeps his insane beliefs? Pelley as the Michael Bay of the RU/NUSA? :p

Also, that makes me think - what comes of Louis & Clark ITTL? No west to explore.
On the contrary, there is a West still to explore; but because it it owned by the French and Spanish, such expeditions have to be done "unofficially". Explorers and settlers will be sent by states, the AFC and powerful men like Goodyear.
1. France sells the northern parts of Louisiana largely already settled by the RU but keeps New Orleans and some surrounding territory, which goes on to join the Soutron nations in their alliance later on. Let’s Napoleons successor save face by shedding the unprofitable parts of Louisiana and keeping the good.

2. Grabbing northern Louisiana let’s the RU expand to the Pacific and screw Quebec’s access and give them all the food for their growing population and miles upon miles to hide their secret projects and camps.
I love those ideas; IMHO the French Empire is getting overextended. Better to get some money from selling the land and prioritize other areas.

3. The RU being the secret backer of various rebellions. Let’s them screw with France and the South and their allies and promote local versions of the AFC. Gives them puppets they can easily walk into later and annex with half the trouble and loyal upper class.

4. Torn between Super-Peru of the original thread and Decades of Darkness’ expansion of the USA* down the the spine of South America.

5. A branch American Fundimentalism popping up in England and Scotland under the name of Albionism and seizing upon the idea of Cromwell as an early AFC prophet. “England Prevails!”.
That would be a fun idea; promote localized spinoffs of the AFC led by AFC-trained ministers combined with a RU network of spies.

Ooh - AFC becomes the religion of liberation among Southron slaves?

CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 16
THE LONG GRAY ROUT

siege-vicks_11657_md.gif

Carolinian troops seize a redoubt during the Siege of Norfolk

It was September 20, 1827, and Chancellor Jackson was tearing his way up the entirety of the Virginian heartland. Out west, his troops were just holding the line still and harassing Virginian Kentucky, but back east, the Virginian Republican Army had been in a total "long gray rout" since the Battle of Boykins. The famous Virginia Military Institute had been completely humiliated. Winfield Scott finally managed to drag his forces together and housed them in Richmond to resupply.

Without Norfolk's shipyards, Cuban holdings would certainly fall apart, as well as Virginian naval strength in general. Jackson knew this and made his men form a battle line just barely thick enough across southern Virginia that the Virginians couldn't break through into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, he took most of his soldiers, especially the "Bloody Boys of Boykins," now his most ardent followers, and created siege works outside of Norfolk. By early October, his big guns were finally brought in: giant Prussian-made siege mortars. With shells lobbing overhead on a now constant basis, the defenders' morale began to plummet. The formerly pristine gray and white uniforms of the VMI cadets began to turn brown, black, and red. The population inside the city lived in constant fear that any second one of Old Hickory's shells would kill them in an instant.

Outside the city, Jackson would regularly ride with his officers, resplendent in their high-collared blue uniforms and bicornes and always raising morale. The defendants would look out, sometimes taking pot-shots, but always missing the Chancellor. Every day, more and more of the city fell to ruin, and Jackson would ride again to seek out where to press the attack. His sappers were trying to mine under the city's defenses, but for the most part the city held strong. But even the strongest can only take so much.

On November 1, 1827, Jackson grew sick of playing games. He ordered his full force of artillery to open fire, knowing full-well how many civilians would die in an all-out shelling. He didn't care, he just wanted to get the siege over with before winter truly set in and ruined the momentum of the offensive. At 2 o'clock in the afternoon of that day, every field piece in the siege works opened up. The roar of the guns was deafening, and the sound of bone-chilling screams and collapsing structures followed. Buildings collapsed like houses of cards. Artillery fire from inside the town also fired back as the determined defenders refused to give up. Jackson was quoted as telling his officers, "Hard pounding, gentlemen. Let's see who pounds the longest."

1200px-Siege_of_Badajoz%2C_by_Richard_Caton_Woodville_Jr.jpg

One of the many attempts by the Confederation to breach the walls of Norfolk, Virginia

Just as Jackson and his men were prepared to storm the gates of the city for the final time, the completely unexpected happened. General Winfield Scott and 9,000 Virginian troops came rushing over the nearby hills and artillery blasts from that same direction started to come down on the Carolinians. Jackson himself was thrown from his horse, shrapnel through his leg. Stubborn and determined, he refused to be removed from the field of battle. Instead, he got on another horse, wrapped a scarf around his bleeding, shattered leg for a tourniquet, and drew his sword. He rode up and down the siege camp, rallying the men. Some 15,000 men of the Carolinas were shocked and terrified as the substantial Virginian force came charging up their rear. Quickly turning to face this new enemy, they formed infantry squares in the camp as 800 men of the Virginia Cavalry bore down on them, breastplates shining in the sun and horsehair helmets more than a little similar to the famous French cuirassiers. As the horsesoldiers came down upon them, led by Major Winston P. Henry, the men frantically held their ground. The heavy cavalry absolutely tore into the under-prepared Carolinians, inflicting mass casualties.

Jackson, however, was a man of such a sole focus that defeating Virginia was consuming his entire body and mind. He quickly dispatched orders for his "Bloody Brigade," the most valiant survivors of the Battle of Boykins, to reinforce the center of his army, with his personal standard as Chancellor leading the way. Moralizing the still mostly-green young troops with their presence, the center held, repulsing the cavalry. The Virginian horsesoldiers went scurrying back to their infantry ranks, which were mostly still holding.

Making up the core of Scott's infantry forces was the 3rd Irish Brigade, the Emerald Boys, led by Brigadier General Eustace O'Connor. The job of these hearty Celtic troops was to take what damage the cavalry had inflicted and put a finger in the wound which Scott's 15th VMI Cadet Regiment could follow up with a death blow and start routing the Carolinians back to from whence they came. With the band striking up "Fight For Uncle Henry," green banners waving, 4,000 Irish expatriates went forward. Jackson personally was at the exact spot they were heading, still bleeding profusely but holding his army together.

What followed was a massacre on both sides. The Emerald Boys fired volley after volley, ravaging the Carolinian ranks as the 15th VMI Cadets were bringing up the rear, still some distance behind. Seeing that his army couldn't take much more of this slaughter, Jackson ordered his Bloody Brigade on a direct charge at the Irishmen, taking withering musket fire the entire way. The fields were strewn with campground and siege equipment, and it was hard to keep the momentum going, but finally they crashed head-on into the Irishmen and engaged in vicious hand-to-hand combat. The green coats of the Carolinians and the the grays and blues of the Virginians became red with blood, and bodies dropped like flies. Just then, one of the powder supply wagons for the Carolinian camp was hit by a stray bullet and exploded in a massive fireball. Irish troops were all around it when it went off, sending splinters and shrapnel and fire absolutely everywhere. The blood-curdling shrieks of soldiers set on fire filled the air, even over the sounds of the guns. Dozens of men went down as the explosion caused a chain reaction detonation through that portion of the siegeworks. Jackson himself now led a cavalry charge through the flames, appearing to the confused and dazed Irish as riders from their darkest nightmares.

Some of the Irish fell back, their spirits broken and getting cut down like animals by the now-encouraged Carolinians. As Scott charged forward himself to try, once more, to rally his troops in the face of Jackson advancing, he saw General O'Connor himself, sword in the air, flintlock pistol in the other hand, walking behind his main body of troops, trying to keep them from shattering.

"Turn them around, dammit! Get your Irish sumbitches back into line or I'll hang 'em all!" bellowed an irate Winfield Scott.

O'Connor, his uniform now half-burnt (a private had had to snuff flames out) and sporting a fresh bullet hole through his bicorne, screamed back, "My men are terrified of Jackson, sir! We have to fall back to behind Thorpe's Hill and regroup!"

Scott threw his riding gloves on the ground in disgust. "Dammit, man! I order you to get your potato-grubbing farmboys back into formation!" Right after those words left his mouth, Scott was struck by a stray bullet in the shoulder, sending him flying backwards off his black horse. With a thud, he hit the ground and was out like a light. O'Connor, now with no real superior officer, realized he had to take command. As his men saw Scott laying motionless on the ground, morale plummeted even lower. At last, he ordered the bugler to blow retreat. O'Connor threw Scott over his shoulder and the Irish Brigade began sprinting back to the hill they had just advanced from. The VMI Cadets were just now arriving behind them, bayonets bristling, uniforms unstained and pants yet white, and the cries of "Old Virginia forever!" were strong at first. But as the Irish tide broke upon Jackson's shore and the Emerald Boys fled for their lives, the Cadets' esprit de corps fell drastically. Before long, the entire army was put in flight.

As the slaughter continued into the night, Jackson returned to his camp to once again commence heavy shelling of the city. The ordinance continued to burst all through the night, sending hundreds inside to their doom. The whole of Newport News was ablaze. The Southron capital of commerce was burning. Finally, early the next morning, a white flag of surrender was raised over the main gate of the city. Jackson, now patched up from his wounds but unable to walk, rode with his command to accept the Surrender of Norfolk. Virginia's finest port was no more. Numerous ships of the Virginian Navy were burned at the docks and widespread looting was common. Over 1,000 civilians were killed in the bombardment, something which Virginia would never forgive nor forget.

In the west, this entire time was spent with Virginian General Rumford Pickens decisively whipping two Carolinian armies from the field and any day he was expected to break through the thin Carolinian line and charge into the Confederation. Jackson now knew he had to hurry, else watch his forces get stuck in enemy territory with no means of support or resupply. He had to marshal his exhausted army and march upon Richmond. Also brewing was the first ever North American slave revolt and the entrance of the Republic of Maryland (unofficially) into the war...

Last edited:
A Pyrrhic victory for Jackson if there ever was. Newport News been destroyed, and his armies is totally worn out, suffered heavy casualties and unprepared to go for Richmond, but he's doing it.

I know it looks bad for Jackson (and this war is kinda unnecessary) but I hold out hope!

I'm a Free Man Born
I'm a Free Man Bred
And when I die I'm a Free Man Dead!
So it's rah-rah Car'lina lina
Rah-Rah Car'lina lina
Go to hell Scott!

I know it looks bad for Jackson (and this war is kinda unnecessary) but I hold out hope!

I'm a Free Man Born
I'm a Free Man Bred
And when I die I'm a Free Man Dead!
So it's rah-rah Car'lina lina
Rah-Rah Car'lina lina
Go to hell Scott!

Not now, not after Newport News. Jackson, as I see it, is Hannibal. He just doesn't have the resources, or the manpower now to take Richmond, (Which itself would be a fortress at this point.) while Virginia's is rallying it forces. They may lose Cuba, but the Carolinians will lose. Heck, Jackson himself may died from infection and once that happens...

Not now, not after Newport News. Jackson, as I see it, is Hannibal. He just doesn't have the resources, or the manpower now to take Richmond, (Which itself would be a fortress at this point.) while Virginia's is rallying it forces. They may lose Cuba, but the Carolinians will lose. Heck, Jackson himself may died from infection and once that happens...

[adopts over the top Southern accent]

"Ah do declare sir that you sound like a yellah bellied defeatist! Carolina's gonna win this war and wipe out the damnyankee Northern Aggressors at the same time!" :px'D

In all seriousness, you're probably right. Virginia will lose Cuba, but barring Maryland siding with Carolina (which I find unlikely) I doubt Jackson will get the kind of unconditional victory he craves.

The RU lion watched in glee and satisfaction as the three southern Gazelles fought each other to death.
:p

Honestly, this. As much as I love striking up the Carolinian jingoism in the thread, all this is going to do is make things easier for the RU to steamroll the South. Oh well, we just have to see how this goes

The Carolinans are definitely losing a lot of blood, but I’m betting that Old Hickory, if worst comes to worst, will choose to bring all of the Carolinas to hell with him.

The RU lion watched in glee and satisfaction as the three southern Gazelles fought each other to death.
:p

This. The RU biggest ace is it isn't fighting anyone. Everyone else? France trying to put out the fires from South America to India and finding itself far too big and heavy handed for its own good. Iturbide is running his new born Empire into the depths of Hades and Tartarus fighting Texas and Louisiana and Georgia all at once. The Confederation is fighting a doomed war for all the victories they can have, they just won't win. (And Jackson....)

Meanwhile, the RU is enjoying a time of peace, building up their Canadian holdings and the fruits of the Goodyear Treaty.

The Carolinans are definitely losing a lot of blood, but I’m betting that Old Hickory, if worst comes to worst, will choose to bring all of the Carolinas to hell with him.

As did Hannibal. For all his success and victories, all Hannibal did was doomed Carthage to the Third Punic War and its destruction.