I don't even want to immagine what WMIT's version of the Vietnam War will be like.
We already saw this with the Neutrality Pact war but the RU/NUSA is perfectly willing to glass the place or do what Rome did to Carthage. Freedom fighter movements don't work well when the entire country is glassed or destroyed.

One more idea for the Pinnacle Future that occurred to me while I was in the shower:

I remember someone asking a few pages back about how the 70's obsession with truckers would pan out since they often had confrontations with lawmen, etc. In my personal opinion, no one, not even Oswald, would allow the media to lampoon law enforcement. It's just too damaging to the superstructure of the state. Instead, I recommend that the iconic figure of the Pinnacle Future be the biker. However, the lens through which they're viewed is very, very different. After all, IOTL the image of the biker is a rebel, an outlaw, a troublemaker. They clash with the police, and flip the bird to the establishment. Again, that will not be tolerated by a totalitarian state, regardless of how sequined or sexy its surface image is.

Rather than a rebel, I think that the biker in the Pinnacle Future can be viewed as a Pinnacle Pilgrim. He is traveling, maybe alone, maybe with a couple friends, to feel the freedom which Jehovah gave them, to serve the Lord, to see the Holy Sites of America, and to connect to his Pinnacle Fluids. To truly know and learn what it is to be an American Pinnacle Man (or Woman). The stereotypical biker activities can fit into this lens given the direction of the Union. Biker gangs? Social Darwinism on the Destiny Road! Drug and alcohol use? Use the freedom which the Lord gave you, and taste the Fruits of The Spirit! Sex with hot biker babes (or if female, attractive male bikers)? Spread those Pinnacle Fluids! And at the end of your quest, you've become closer to your God-created True Pinnacle Self.

If this becomes a thing, bikers could actually be one of the predominant subcultures of the RU, if not the dominant one. Thousands upon thousands of young guys and gals might spend their summer tearing up the blacktop, traveling somewhere significant, and discovering themselves on the way. Some of these pilgrims may never end their journey, just riding from town to town as Pinnacle Men and Women of the road (although this might be frowned upon by the time one reaches a certain age). By the time we get to the modern era, Yankee kids around my age will have to endure endless tales of "That epic trip from from New Canaan to Valley Forge back in '73" instead of the Flower Child stories of OTL.

easy_rider_1_-_h_-_1969.jpg

Still from Easy Riders: Pinnacle Pilgrims for Jehovah (1970).

Last edited:
AND BEHOLD the PROPHET GRAHAM, Second Prophet of the ONE TRUE CHURCH, descended from the WAXAHACHIE BIBLE INSTITUTE in the year of JEHOVAH Nineteen Hundred and Thirty-six, with the noble apostle ANDREW and a mighty iron on his hip, and the name of the mighty iron was JUDGEMENT. And the LORD was with them.
I know it might be a bit weird but I really want Andrew and Billy graham to be secret lovers. If i wrote fanfiction I would be 100 pages in by now

One more idea for the Pinnacle Future that occurred to me while I was in the shower:

I remember someone asking a few pages back about how the 70's obsession with truckers would pan out since they often had confrontations with lawmen, etc. In my personal opinion, no one, not even Oswald, would allow the media to lampoon law enforcement. It's just too damaging to the superstructure of the state. Instead, I recommend that the iconic figure of the Pinnacle Future be the biker. However, the lens through which they're viewed is very, very different. After all, IOTL the image of the biker is a rebel, an outlaw, a troublemaker. They clash with the police, and flip the bird to the establishment. Again, that will not be tolerated by a totalitarian state, regardless of how sequined or sexy its surface image is.

Rather than a rebel, I think that the biker in the Pinnacle Future can be viewed as a Pinnacle Pilgrim. He is traveling, maybe alone, maybe with a couple friends, to feel the freedom which Jehovah gave them, to serve the Lord, to see the Holy Sites of America, and to connect to his Pinnacle Fluids. To truly know and learn what it is to be an American Pinnacle Man (or Woman). The stereotypical biker activities can fit into this lens given the direction of the Union. Biker gangs? Social Darwinism on the Destiny Road! Drug and alcohol use? Use the freedom which the Lord gave you, and taste the Fruits of The Spirit! Sex with hot biker babes (or if female, attractive male bikers)? Spread those Pinnacle Fluids! And at the end of your quest, you've become closer to your God-created True Pinnacle Self.

If this becomes a thing, bikers could actually be one of the predominant subcultures of the RU, if not the dominant one. Thousands upon thousands of young guys and gals might spend their summer tearing up the blacktop, traveling somewhere significant, and discovering themselves on the way. Some of these pilgrims may never end their journey, just riding from town to town as Pinnacle Men and Women of the road (although this might be frowned upon by the time one reaches a certain age). By the time we get to the modern era, Yankee kids around my age will have to endure endless tales of "That epic trip from from New Canaan to Valley Forge back in '73" instead of the Flower Child stories of OTL.

easy_rider_1_-_h_-_1969.jpg

Still from Easy Riders: Pinnacle Pilgrims for Jehovah (1970).
Betters Errant drifting from town to town righting wrongs and solving mysteries is a cool concept.
I know it might be a bit weird but I really want Andrew and Billy graham to be secret lovers. If i wrote fanfiction I would be 100 pages in by now
Something something Oswaldian reforms/sexual Marxism

As much as I love 80s Retrofuturism and the whole neon sunsoaked aesthetic of the period, "cyberfunk" is incredibly original and exciting as hell to see develop
Agreed, I'm a sucker for 80s-style kitch, but objectively its well-trod territory. A futurism with heavy inspiration from the 70s? That's more interesting, and there's lots of ground to cover. Drugs, disco music, and the kung fu craze are all parts of the decade. (Not sure if the last one could work, given that the Chinese have been classified as Inferior and the Japanese thoroughly Americanized. Maybe if Napo decides to canonize Murica1776's contributions of Cokie adventurism in Korea, we could get a Tae Kwon Do craze complete with Not-Carl Douglas singing about it).

Last edited:
Maybe if Napo decides to canonize Murica1776's contributions of Cokie adventurism in Korea, we could get a Tae Kwon Do craze complete with Not-Carl Douglas singing about it).

He did canonize it! If you look at the League chapter on Carolina, he mentions it. A Tar Heel Tae Kwon Do craze... Madness

I'm a tireless advocate of my theory that the latest Marx generation is going to pool their efforts so as to remain relevant. Say hello to the Marx Brothers as a whole squad of Kinseys with enthusiastic public support.
(And as far as I can tell, the Marx brothers share no relation to Karl or his father)
I made a suggestion to Napo way back that seeing as how the Marx brothers are of mixed French and German Jewish origin, maybe one Julius Henry “Groucho” Marx becomes French prime minister. Because who can resist a Duck Soup reference?

191px-Groucho_Marx_-_portrait.jpg

Henri Marx, French Prime Minister and cigar enthusiast

Last edited:
I made a suggestion to Napo way back that seeing as how the Marx brothers are of mixed French and German Jewish origin, maybe one Julius Henry “Groucho” Marx becomes French prime minister. Because who can resist a Duck Soup reference?

191px-Groucho_Marx_-_portrait.jpg

Henri Marx, French Prime Minister and cigar enthusiast
They wouldn't be the OTL Marx Brothers, just a bunch of scions of the family using the name.

Woah.....!.......What is that!??
I want one! 😍

I believe it's an Aston Martin!

I drive an 84 Cadillac Hearse that has an interior that screams the aesthetic I'm going for for Pinnacle Future. Giant wood panel dash, dark red shag carpet, and rolling down the road is like hurtling down the highway in a freight train where you can literally watch your gas gauge move like a clock. It's so ugly it's beautiful. Excuse the thrown-together stereo bolted to the umpteenth ashtray, I'm upgrading soon. lol

79514829_2651693331582264_4664227044849090560_o.jpg

I'm going through tons of 70s and early 80s concept cars and concept electronics and saving them to my inspiration folder. lol The first chapter of Pinnacle Future will be taking place during -the- Pinnacle Future, so we're gonna get a taste of the aesthetic real soon. I might have the second of the last two chapters up tonight guys!

Some of these pilgrims may never end their journey, just riding from town to town as Pinnacle Men and Women of the road (although this might be frowned upon by the time one reaches a certain age).

I'm imagining a lighthearted but kinda sharp-edged comedy about a biker who indulges in all the traditional RU pleasures (drugs, booze, travel, etc.) and refuses to grow up and get back to his studies so he can actually be competitive in the labor force. Then maybe in one scene someone explicitly makes the Peter Pan comparison and he vehemently denies it, claiming his manly exploits have no overlap whatsoever with boyish escapism.