So i have a couple of theories regarding the future:

1) The popularity of the british government is going to fall even further. If the british population learns about Churcill's safe, the reveal all the recent purges were caused by a paranoid maniac with a body in his safe will probably destroy any faith in the british government.
If somehow the cospirators are able to hide any evidence about it, England is still plagued by political and economical instability and the situation is going to be worse thanks to the destruction of the Panama Canal.

2) As history taught us, members of authoritarian governments rarely get along . With Churchill gone, Atlee's position is probably shaky and the other members of the government may cospire to get rid of him.
Infighting isn't a good thing considering how many resistance movements plague England right now

3) The RU is going to be pissed about this. Not only Steele has lost one of his moat loyal "allies", but now he is probably afraid his subordinates will try to do the same.
Besides another purge, i expect Steele to either back a countercoup against Attlee or try to execute order 78.
Of course he could simply cut all trade relationships with London and England would fall apart.
Also i expect the RU to hide literally everything about Churcill's safe for bobvious reasons

4) If Kapp is still alive, i expect him to react in a similar way.
All in all i wouldn' t be surprised if Churcill's assasination caused him to act foolishly in the upcoming war and start the collapse of Germania.

5)I have the horrible feeling that the invasion of Ireland has been simply delayed rather than cancelled.

Last edited:
try to execute order 78.
order78.jpg

A small sprout of Sanity from NatPar there, but how long will it last against The Madness? Eager to see how Attlee handles his new General Directorship. He seems a little timid but I guess anyone would be in the face of a mad Churchill.

Also, I’m picturing the new Capitol Complex looking rather like Senate House in Londen, seeing as it was supposedly the inspiration for the Ministry of Truth in 1984
View attachment 520886

I live near the Senate House with my study abroad program, and I literally thought, "Wow, that's straight out of 1984." Especially against the normally gloomy London sky. Makes sense it could be some kind of BU inspired building.

Also, Clement Atlee gunning down a naked, drunk, insane Winston Churchill has got to be one of the most wonderfully bizarre things I ever read. Excellent work Napo!

I always thought that Churchill's end would be a nasty thing, but this...this is beyond my expectations. Now I wonder what's going to happen to England. If they resist American influence, there'll be even more fighting. If they comply, they'll become like Japan. Poor Brits!

So i have a couple of theories regarding the future:

1) The popularity of the british government is going to fall even further. If the british population learns about Churcill's safe, the reveal all the recent purges were caused by a paranoid maniac with a body in his safe will probably destroy any faith in the british government.
If somehow the cospirators are able to hide any evidence about it, England is still plagued by political and economical instability and the situation is going to be worse thanks to the destruction of the Panama Canal.

2) As history taught us, members of authoritarian governments rarely get along . With Churchill gone, Atlee's position is probably shaky and the other members of the government may cospire to get rid of him.
Infighting isn't a good thing considering how many resistance movements plague England right now

3) The RU is going to be pissed about this. Not only Steele has lost one of his moat loyal "allies", but now he is probably afraid his subordinates will try to do the same.
Besides another purge, i expect Steele to either back a countercoup against Attlee or try to execute order 78.
Of course he could simply cut all trade relationships with London and England would fall apart.
Also i expect the RU to hide literally everything about Churcill's safe for bobvious reasons

4) If Kapp is still alive, i expect him to react in a similar way.
All in all i wouldn' t be surprised if Churcill's assasination caused him to act foolishly in the upcoming war and start the collapse of Germania.

5)I have the horrible feeling that the invasion of Ireland has been simply delayed rather than cancelled.
1. "What safe? This perfectly normal gun safe that had his personal weapons that is being donated to a museum to be sealed under glass. What body? Comrade Kent died of an unfortunate accident while travelling home from the Union."

2. The NatPop know the war is coming so they will unify for now to keep the Union away.

3. Steele probably knows about Churchill but cannot do anything about it and he cannot afford an unstable England next to Europe. He will tolerate this for now since the Union needs to deal with Latin America.

4. Need to re-read this.

5. The Irish already know the English are coming and probably turned themselves into a fortress.

Speaking of the Brits, I wonder what the popular view on Boudicca is in the Fascist sphere, given her importance to Britain. On the one hand, it could be easy to pigeonhole her as a rebellious Infee whore or something because her people were Celtic. However, I have a different proposal:

She's viewed as a feminist icon and an example of Social Darwinism in action. See, her revolt occurred during the reign of Nero, who I doubt the RU is fond of. Furthermore, she was of noble British blood, not some kind of foreigner. Perhaps Boudicca, sensing Nero's weakness (an early sign of Rome's degeneration no doubt) obeyed the instincts of her Pinnacle Blood and waged her war to try and become the Strong Woman of Britain, the very incarnation of Britannia. She might have failed, but she died for her cause, like Caesar and Alexander before her. She gave a noble challenge to a Pinnacle Empire, and is worthy of respect. She's also proof that women are just as capable of being "Strong" as the men and can be used as a rallying cry for feminists pushing for full gender equality. Plus, it could make for some funny self help books in Oswald's era:

"They say it's a man's world, but that ain't true! We have the same Fluids running through us as any Strong Man, yes ma'am we do! Feel their power overcome you. You are Your Fluids. Your Fluids are You."

-Excerpt from the popular 1976 women's self help book Unleashing Your Inner Boudicca: A Guide for Modern Pinnacle Gals written by Gloria Steinem

1. "What safe? This perfectly normal gun safe that had his personal weapons that is being donated to a museum to be sealed under glass. What body? Comrade Kent died of an unfortunate accident while travelling home from the Union."
1. Nah, that perfectly normal safe is being donated straight to the smelters. The BU needs all the high quality steel it can get these days, so its only patriotic to recycle it. That smell? Oh, the previous owner kept some hunting trophies in there but didn’t clean them properly. Don’t open it though or you’ll never get the stink off you. Now just chuck it in with the rest of the molten metal.
5. The Irish already know the English are coming and probably turned themselves into a fortress.
The Irish have always know the English are untrustworthy pigdogs and already have a Counter-Cromwell planned. King, Country, and the Common Man shall prevail!

Speaking of the Brits, I wonder what the popular view on Boudicca is in the Fascist sphere, given her importance to Britain. On the one hand, it could be easy to pigeonhole her as a rebellious Infee whore or something because her people were Celtic
Given that her people, the Iceni, came from an area that saw significant settlement by Nordic Saxons about 300 years later, would not be hard to imagine BU “historians” writing a narrative about her and her tribe really being an early Pinnacle Blood descended from strong Scandinavian stock and that while they may have appeared Celtic, it was infact a clever ruse to blend in and rule the other celts by pretending to be one of them before unveiling their true Saxon Culture

Last edited:
Speaking of the Brits, I wonder what the popular view on Boudicca is in the Fascist sphere, given her importance to Britain. On the one hand, it could be easy to pigeonhole her as a rebellious Infee whore or something because her people were Celtic.

The RU doesn’t think all Celts are inferiors, just the Irish. The Welsh and Scottish are of good pure pinnacle stock. This might make no sense from a scientific or anthropological perspective, but neither does anything about this world.

The RU doesn’t think all Celts are inferiors, just the Irish. The Welsh and Scottish are of good pure pinnacle stock. This might make no sense from a scientific or anthropological perspective, but neither does anything about this world.

It's all (no offense to any religious people) nonsense spiritualism, conveniently defining just who is the enemy and who is your friend in a completely arbitrary manner. Like the papist French and their subjects and allies VS the true Nordic Pinnacle Stock who just happen to define every nation in the Fascist Sphere.

2. The NatPop know the war is coming so they will unify for now to keep the Union away.

3. Steele probably knows about Churchill but cannot do anything about it and he cannot afford an unstable England next to Europe. He will tolerate this for now since the Union needs to deal with Latin America.

4. Need to re-read this.

1) The problem is that this may be too big to hide.
No matter what the propaganda says, people will start wondering why Churchill and Kent's deaths were announced almost at the same time or why neither of them has a open basket at their funerals.

The BU is not the RU. No matter how hard they try, the government simply cannot force the population to believe its version of the events

2) But history has shown us multiple times that this doesn't usually happen in these situations.
Look at what happened in Italy when Mussolini was overhrown for example

3)But Steele can do a lot about it. Economically speaking England is basically a RU's colony so it would be extremely easy for Steele to burn its economy to the ground.
The previous chapters also hinted that RU' s agents are already working in the BU, meaning they couod influence the various members of the british government.
Heck, even the AFC can play an important role considering most of the british population is part of the BU' s version of the AFC.

Also we are talking about this TL' s Stalin: he is paranoid sociopath who is obsessed with the idea everyone is conspiring against him.
Do you really think he will even tolerate the idea of fascist politicians turning against their leader?

4) No problem

5)Yes, but this probably won't stop the invasion from happening

Last edited:
Oh, two things I want to mention.
sweeter than a fresh Turkish delight

Glad to see those didn't get lost in the madness...

He began talking to "Sam in the Safe

Could this be a cheeky nod to 'Uncle Sam'? He did get killed as a result of Order 78 after all, and it was coincidentally the RU that was the mastermind of Churchill's paranoia, madness and his role as nothing more than a bloated lackey of the Yankees. Fitting that his final nail in the coffin would be by the very 'manifestation' (HA!) of just what ruined his life...

I'm loving all the memes and gags about last chapter. I wonder if anyone picked up on the bizarre Anchorman scotch reference. Also, one of my god tier movies as a little kid (you read that correctly) was Arsenic & Old Lace, where they are constantly hiding bodies. Inept murderer hiding bodies humor is one of my favorites. Lol

We're only about 2 or 3 chapters away from Pinnacle Future! One of the meanings of the last chapter was killing off a vital "old school" character. Pinnacle Future will focus on the 20th century generation and characters forging a new path.

No new chapter tonight (only got 4 hours of sleep last night), but I will try to answer more PMs. :)

Am I the only one who thinks Churchill looks like he's auditioning for the role of Hannibal Lecter in this picture?
Makes that "fava beans" line all more appropriate.

YES. I really hoped someone picked up on that in the picture choice. Lol

I have a question about one of the previoys chapters: when the French took control of Sicily, was it a reference to the British doing the same in OTL during the napoleonic wars?

Well that was insane. Attlee, being Britain's Beria (without all the horror that he produced) and actually succeeding is a lot of fun. Of course there's always someone better...
image.jpeg