"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Wolttaire Well-Known Member

2. traveller76 Member

What is the population of inferiors in the union? Are they composed of POWs or just surviving members of the cleansing?

Murica1776 likes this.
  3. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

I think it's both. There are still people in the ghettos, just... fewer. Roughly 1/4th of the pre-Cleansing Month, plus any POWs.

4. farmerted555 Well-Known Member

Would it have been possible for an Infee to be made an 'honorary' Better?

John Spangler and Murica1776 like this.
  5. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

Nope. IOTL, that happened because much racism was strictly "blood-based" and thus people with "strong blood" could get an honorary status for their achievements. ITTL, the Union literally believes that Infee's have no souls. You can't exactly "give" someone a soul.

6. CapitalistHippie AH.com's token libertarian

The closest this came to happening was the Japanese getting declared Betters because Marx liked Shinto beliefs.

7. farmerted555 Well-Known Member

Plus they're all just a bunch of Papist lapdogs.

8. MuricanTauri1776 Well-Known Member

I mean put some whack reverse-exorcism stuff in there in a "soul-giving" ceremony and have the infee act like he's having a seizure, and BAM! A better is made.

9. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

Would probably be considered "heretical Papist satanic magic" about binding a Betters soul to an Inferior body which would see the Inferior/Better hybrid mercy killed and the perpetrator burned at the stake.

All that said, it does sound like the perfect plot for a WMIT version of Frankenstein. The bodies of Betters have been going missing from the local graveyard, with our intrepid hero tracking them down to some deranged scientist/AFC minister who is trying to cure death by imbuing the souls of Betters into the bodies of Inferiors but only succeeding in fusing the Demonic Anti-souls of Inferiors to Betters

10. DocBrown The Master of History

An FYI to everyone sh!t posting memes and stuff here, you should really cut back on it and let the story conclude before this thread goes over 500 pages and attracts a certain thread locking, banhammer-carrying bear

11. Arthur Marston Well-Known Member

What was the point of leaving leaving them alive anyway? If you're gonna kill off the Inferiors because they're no longer needed, why not just kill ALL of them?

12. halfcoop Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Everyone knows the Nipponese are a lost tribe of Isreal. Anything counter to that is just crazy.

Napoleon53 likes this.
  13. John Spangler A man of wealth and taste

Goldstein explains why in THE KISSIMMEE CONFERENCE.

Simeon, Napoleon53 and Ameroboto like this.
  14. FranzAncheNo Citizen of the Republic of Pistoia

Bet Cthulhu can.

15. LordandsaviorKloka Son of Gondor

How do you explain someone existing if they don’t have a soul?

16. Arthur Marston Well-Known Member

Same reason why animals exist without souls.

Murica1776 likes this.
  17. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

The official AFC explanation is that the Infees are actually animals created by Satan, who possess a Satan made "unsoul" which is almost a negation of Jehovah ordained Better/Pinnacle souls.

18. eldandythedoubter Well-Known Member

Every time I hear this explanation, I just do this.
    [​IMG]

19. Laserfish AKA Plasma-ckeral

Alright, so I presume that everyone here knows about the general idea of the multiverse. I believe that with the idea of the multiverse every, and I mean every action, from global politics to the everyday movements of life, spawns another universe from it, creating infinite universes. Here´s my idea. In the DC universe, there exists a more nightmarish side to the multiverse. There exists the Dark Multiverse, where every darkest fear and hope exists in its own horrific little universe. It´s sort of like the Warp in WH40k, where nightmares from the darkest corner of the human mind exist in a hellish ¨Other-World¨. Now, the dark-universes eventually break apart and dissipate thanks to their own innate unstability, but the concept makes me wonder. Could the Madnessverse be one of these possible ¨Other-Worlds¨ in a dark multiverse of its own? And since every action means a different universe, that there would be infinite Madness. (Thanks to TV Tropes and TTS for the information I learned)

20. sampleswift Well-Known Member

I already postulated that the Madnessverse was part of the Dark Multiverse in DC. Thank you, though.