Hey, since the last update went up to 1936, that would make Arthur MacArthur 91 years old by now. Surely, he must be dead by now, and you know what that means...

DouglasMacArthur.jpg

Military Governor Douglas MacArthur having a smoke after dropping 50 Peacemaker bombs on the Chinese

120426-F-MJ348-003.JPG

Douglas MacArthur and his advisors enjoying themselves while watching a rebel village burn to the ground.

agreement-Douglas-MacArthur-forces-battleship-Japan-Allied-September-2-1945.jpg

Douglas MacArthur signing the new Constitution of Holy Nippon, declaring himself the all-powerful President-for-Life and Shogun.

Seriously, the Japanese called him the “American Shogun” in this world, imagine what he’ll do now that he’s basically an absolute monarch with complete moral justification for anything he does.

I’m for complete irony, he a secret pacifist Quaker, who ends up strongly identifying with Japanese and tries his hardest to push for the Japanese to be truly equally in the Union

He fails of course

You know what would be peak Madness? Making the RU's counterpart to Fred Rogers/Bob Ross/Jim Henson also an analogue to Epstein. Basically think Jimmy Savile taken up to 11.

I can't figure out which of those 3 names I would be most sad about seeing turned into a monster. Really puts you in the shoes of the British people right as the first news about Saville was coming out.

I’m for complete irony, he a secret pacifist Quaker, who ends up strongly identifying with Japanese and tries his hardest to push for the Japanese to be truly equally in the Union

He fails of course

Entirely possible. Arthur MacArthur is probably a pig of a man with all of his time not in the office spent with mistresses, and that probably takes a toll on the wife. He'd be the type to shunt his kid to a Japanese nanny while the mother sinks into opium-induced stupor.

Doug was also a younger child, his elder bro was Arthur Macarthur III. A conflict of values between the two princes, with the more radical also being the one that wouldn't inherit under normal and non-Mad circumstances could shape up to something fun. Beneath all the fighting that the father laughs off as "the formative rivalries of Pinnacle tykes" is a battle that will change Nippon forever...

Anyone know where was the most recent map?
Also is it ne or the RU seems immune to economic decline?

The Great Disturbance that led to Custer's rise was essentially a Great Depression that nearly destroyed the nation. Also, IOTL, most of America's big recessions have been driven by unchecked speculation in various assets. If the Union government keeps a stronger hold on that than OTL, then it seems likely that any recessions suffered by the RU are relatively short and moderate. I'd also add that while the Custer years seemed prosperous overall, it's only been recently that the Yankee economy has gone gangbusters

The Great Disturbance that led to Custer's rise was essentially a Great Depression that nearly destroyed the nation. Also, IOTL, most of America's big recessions have been driven by unchecked speculation in various assets. If the Union government keeps a stronger hold on that than OTL, then it seems likely that any recessions suffered by the RU are relatively short and moderate. I'd also add that while the Custer years seemed prosperous overall, it's only been recently that the Yankee economy has gone gangbusters

Thank you. Anyone know when another big European War emerges? I can't see the established European powers liking either the SuperX countries or the Illuminists. May even go to war to protect themselves over that. Thank you so much for the TL.

Thank you. Anyone know when another big European War emerges? I can't see the established European powers liking either the SuperX countries or the Illuminists. May even go to war to protect themselves over that. Thank you so much for the TL.

Sooner then later,

• Europa has chosen to resist the Super Catholics in Austria-Hungry and Italy,
  • League of Tsar's are isolated and just about everyone wants a little slice of that alliance,
  • The Russians are suspiciously quiet so watch for them
  • Norway may or may not be planning to form a fascist Scandinavian Union with RU backing
  • German meanwhile is a powder keg that may draw all these alliances in conflict with each other
  • A few smaller conflicts may happen such as
    • Portugal may be forced back into Europa
    • Netherlands are only sorta members of the league and Europa might want revenge
    • Bohemia is official neutral and might side with any side by this point
    • And Ireland is guaranteed to be a planned area of extermination by the Brits

Last edited:

HeX, it's to show just how mad that timeline is. A fundamentally good person OTL becoming terrible. (The inverse could happen, with Heydritch--particularly evil OTL--becoming a small time thug or something far more harmless in a fundamentally improved timeline like OTL. Then again some real personages might have been butterflied away.)

HeX, it's to show just how mad that timeline is. A fundamentally good person OTL becoming terrible. (The inverse could happen, with Heydritch--particularly evil OTL--becoming a small time thug or something far more harmless in a fundamentally improved timeline like OTL. Then again some real personages might have been butterflied away.)
And on the other hand, Goebbels here is a staunch advocate of democracy and critic of the RU, being TTL's Orwell.

You know..I'd like to imagine, beyond the cosmos. God creates the Madness-Verse and decides to go on a bit of vacation. He goes away for a few centuries, lounging away and then decides "hmm..oh yes, I must check back on creation, how are my little naked apes doing?" he says.

Sees Madness-Verse.
f07e1da3ca92e42a05242644bab2a649.jpg

"What hath you all done!! This can't continue anymore".

2o6qwl.jpg

And with the reset, he's like "okay, i'll try a second time." Creates Madness Redux.

Sees 2.0 Madness World:

9f9e6117f3fcfcc9076114190107689d1187535e_hq.jpg

"Not again!!" He screams.

He then reboots it a third time "Okay, it can't get any worse. 3rd time's a charm right?...right?"

Madness 3.0: "exists and has actual magic and lovecraftian monsters."

"God has left the server permanently."

Isn't that Worffan101's idea back in the expanded universe thread? It's been done before (WMIT 3.0/Saner RU).

IIRC Worffan101's RU was basically the polar-opposite of the RU in the sense that they're have a legitimate democracy and they are super tolerant of just about every nationality/ethnic group/religion with they only thing they don't tolerate being tyranny and intolerance. I'd love to see the polar-opposite RUs somehow meet up and fight a huge total war that ends in the complete destruction of one.