Man is there any good part of the world?
No, this is a world were even the Irish and other minority vicitims have oceans of blood behind theme. There are no good pepole in this world. Even the southern states are still slave states and worse.

No, this is a world were even the Irish and other minority vicitims have oceans of blood behind theme. There are no good pepole in this world. Even the southern states are still slave states and worse.
Maybe a remotes tribes?

Blueshirt-1.png

Loving the past couple of updates! The Union finally invading somewhere (horrific as it was), the rise of Goodyear's New Slavery, and I love the character of Franklin Pierce ITTL. Now, a couple quick questions:

• Is Polk going to be a Carolinian Chancellor? And if so, is he going to be as aggressive as OTL's?
  • Are the damnyankees going to be buying part of Louisiana soon?
  • Will Pierce's company and Goodyear Enterprises have a rivalry, or will they leave each other alone to go after others?
  • Finally, I know the Union has their Custerian Blueshirts. Will Carolina see its infamous Red Shirts come in as a force?
FYI, here's a link for anyone who doesn't know about the Red Shirts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Shirts_(United_States)

xsampa

Banned
It would be nice if one corner no matter how small is good
Maybe Ceylon can serve as the multiculturalist anti-imperialist trade-oriented guys. Sure, they may be a dictatorship and have compulsory service but that's better than 99% of everyone else.

Finally, after attacking an abusive guard, both of his arms are broken and he is sent to the "Foreigner Camps" in Chersonesus.
What exactly is a Foreigner Camp? How and why did they come to be? I don't think there was much in the original about this other than the Union had been doing it for a long time. It would be nice to see an expanded version of the origin of the camps.

What exactly is a Foreigner Camp? How and why did they come to be? I don't think there was much in the original about this other than the Union had been doing it for a long time. It would be nice to see an expanded version of the origin of the camps.

There will be. Honestly, I'm going to edit it and rename them to "Work Camp."

For now a basic summary would be "troublemaking" Inferiors and repeat deviants are sentenced to hard labor to "work the devil out of them" for no pay (literally Arbeit Macht Frei). Think olt-timey chaingangs building railroads, but instead of convicts it's a bunch of foreigners. The state could then lease out their "Inferiors" to do hard manual labor jobs for people like Goodyear to build railroads, work in mines, and other thankless jobs. After they are broken, they are then allowed to move back to the Inferior neighborhoods and pick their own paying jobs again. Over time, the camps would become brutal concentration camps and eventually lead to people like Dr. Midas Goldstein, the Black Jew of Camp 222.

Last edited:
One thing I want to bring up is that the term corporatism is often very misused, I think here too. Corporatism refers to several interested groups (like guilds, say the guild of teachers, guild of industrial workers etc, similar to trade unions) working with the government to establish common policy for the economy. Which is probably one of the furthest policies you can go from when it comes to 'rule by private-owned companies'. Corporatism is associated with Social democracy, Syndicalism and ironically enough, Italian fascism. I think the last of which is why corporatism as a term is often used (including by media, etc) to refer to rule by private companies, as fascists notoriously just ended up using free market lasissez-faire economics once in power. The corporatist policy is probably most well-used in an example in the Scandinavian countries, though once the 21st Century came, they largely phased it out in favor of the dominant laissez-faire policies in Europe.

The term you're probably looking for is Corporatocracism, which actually means rule by private corporations.

Last edited:
I was watching a video on anti-semitism and its negative effects on countries and it got me to thinking that if the RU was smart, they would continue to welcome Jews and become a safe haven for them; even establishing a sort of "pipleline" for Jewish immigration. Not only would they benefit from the human capital, they can use this as propaganda, since the countries expelling Jews are usually either Catholic (Spain) or Orthodox/Slav (Russia). This would tie in neatly with their particular racist mindset. (It would also be a nice change of pace from the usual anti-semetic bias in most countries).

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Don't think the camps are in Ohio this time around.

Good. Ohio in any timeline doesn't have the greatest things going for it. I mean, as much as I love Cleveland our luck has been down for the longest time, with occasional bright spots. But watch as something worse go down in what constitutes my home state ITTL

But if they're not in Ohio, they must be somewhere else... It's like trash: out of sight, out of mind, but still there nonetheless.

Oh, come on. Who wouldn’t like a game of “Bash the Inferior?” The head’s good for kicking!
Will the 20th century see the emergence of Human Hunting and Gladiatorial Games?

On a more serious note, will we see PT Barnum pop up? His otl exploitation of people could easily be funnelled their into the madness of the RU