"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. CapitalistHippie Stassen 2020

I wouldn’t say anarcho-capitalist-I don’t recall them having a specific economic system in mind. They are staunchly atheist though and view themselves as embodying Enlightenment rational principles. I feel like they are closer to technocracy ideologically albeit with more populist elements.

2. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

As everyone else has already said, they’re an atheist technocratic movement aimed at tearing down monarchy and the power of the church and have taken over Russia and Poland and were involved in the Germanian civil war. For more info, here and here is where they’re discussed in dept

3. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

It's more a weird pseudo-Jacobin spiritualism mixed with Enlightenment ideals and Communist/Fascist style totalitarianism. They believe in the New Age idea of the divinity of man, and believe in a spiritual realm. However, the idea of a God or an organized religion (as defined by them) is evil and oppressive because of the rise of Fascism in Yankeeland, the mysticism of Viktor, and the Catholic supremacism of Europa. Of course, this means that the way to deal with these evil influences is violent revolution to promote the creation of an Illuminist Superman. Oh, and putting Cokie heads on spikes #NeverForgetTheEmbassyMassacre.

4. President Earl Warren Well-Known Member

To be pecific, little childrens heads...

5. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

Reposting this because it is incredibly relevant

[​IMG]
    A God-fearing Cokie man prepares to Take a Little Trip and tell the Loomies Hello. (1917)

6. FranzAncheNo Citizen of the Republic of Pistoia

* Happy Pepin the Short noises *

7. FranzAncheNo Citizen of the Republic of Pistoia

Again? That's still VIII century Frankish-Papal relationships.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Pepin

8. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

"WHERE'S THE GODDAMN FIRE... of enlightenment"

9. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

Now I want to hear a WMIT cover of We Didn't Start The Fire

10. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

Stumbled across this and it's just too perfect not to use. Clark Gable Johnny Gamble looks like a dictator in this photo:

[​IMG]
    Cokies, Countrymen, and Presbyterians of good standing! Hear my words! This man, Chancellor Johnny Gamble, is the only man who can protect us from the Godless Illuminati Hordes of terrorists and Satanists! Our nation's security will never be a gamble with Gamble! HARK THE SOUND OF FREE MEN'S VOICES!

11. Atomicpunk0 Member

So is anyone here up for suggestions or speculation for farther out in the future?

12. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

1) Mussolini ends up overthrowing the king of Italy and enstablishes a theocracy similar to OTL Iran. This will cause Paris to nominate its own Pope, leading to a split inside the Catholic Church

2)Greece is probably going to ditch the monarchy and become a repubblic, considering how much damage and wars were caused by the king. I expect them to either embrace Edunism (if not Boutelism or the Illuminati) or become another ally of the RU.

3) France soon will be involved in numerous colonial wars in Egypt and India.
    Between the Great Crisis and the loss of resources from America and Asia, Paris will start exploiting its remaining colonies even more, leading to further rebellions

4) The Catalonians are going to rise up against France soon. Between Napoleon IV's brutal suppres
    sion of the previous revolt and the possible involvment in the french colonial wars, i can see them rebelling again, especially after Austria managed to succesfully regain its indipendence

5) Himmler is going to appear as member of Goring's goverment and he will fund an organisation similar to ORRA, except that it is catholic and even more fanatical

6)England too will be plagued by revolts after the poor results of the war

13. halfcoop Well-Known Member

That hilarious

Damn alternate universe Romanians who somehow became Italian

Is Perrault the man who held the madness back for a decade? Is this mess his fault, and he the reason things were able to get so bad? Was it simply inevitable? Proof that he is easily one of the most interesting characters in this series

Well hello, Goering wonder what was going to happen to you. Seems South Germany is still in the sphere, the question is who are they loyal to. The little Queen, France or Hitler.

I hope the little girl will be ok.... probably not.

14. Ameroboto Deep State Bad Hombre

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:08 AM
  15. AeroTheZealousOne Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Wait, Huey Pierce Long is building WMDs in secret? I missed this.

I know one of them looked familiar... Is that you, Corneliu?

Simeon and halfcoop like this.
  16. Atomicpunk0 Member

One idea I think might be interesting to explore is as much of Northern Hemisphere goes absolutely insane, the Southern Hemisphere becomes progressively more stable and rational as a counterbalance.

Maybe a more successful post colonial africa due to a more multipolar northern hemisphere that's too busy fighting one another. Grand Colombia forms a sort of a South American style NATO alliance to challenge Joe Steele and the Ozwalds, and eventually ends up capturing the Cokies and the Kingdom in their alliance. Korea -although it's in the north- does some weird shenanigans and ends up becoming a pariah state by the majority of the Developed Northern Hemisphere nations, but for being one of the freeist, best educated, and percapita wealthiest states in the world. Basically Korea would become of like a giant independent Hong Kong that all the developed Northern Hemisphere nations hate, but is neccessary for as an intermediary for facilitating trade with the Southern Hemisphere, whatever comes out of post civil war China, and developing South East Asia.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:16 PM
  17. Time Enough Nightmare angel of the Tea Rooms

Nottingham (kind of, depends on the Season)
    Meanwhile in Britain:
    "Another Purge, Winnie...to thin out the fattened ranks?"
    "I do believe that is a smart idea Attlee...can't have them getting complicent"
    "Excellent...I'll start getting the forms ready...my folks will separating the wheat from the chaff before the week is out"
    Supreme Director of Crime and Intelligence Attlee does the Fascist salute before leaving Winston to his devices.

[​IMG]
    1936 Churchill Cabinet just after the 2nd Attlee Purge

18. The Congressman Well-Known Member

After their "victory" in the war, I could see Churchill really trying to build up the Royal Navy back to prominence. "We're not going to let those Infee Mick Bastards humiliate us a second time!"

19. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

I know it's unlikely, but I kinda want see Britain collapse again after failure to win in Ireland. Maybe Scotland and northern England go Illuminist and the south going so full Airstrip One it makes 1984 look tame

20. Time Enough Nightmare angel of the Tea Rooms

Nottingham (kind of, depends on the Season)
    That would be intriguing.

I can see the Technocratic Dictatorship of Gordon Brown vs the Eternal Director Tony Benn of Airstrip One during the 90s and 00s.