Loved the new chapter! I still can't get over it when the Union does things we consider good for all the wrong reasons. Last chapter they were sticking up for the black man, now RUMP is protecting women's rights activists. Go America, I guess?

I really do wonder how ugly the Studio Wars are going to get. With all this talk of Tinseltown nearly burning itself to the ground and the President himself taking off the gloves to restore order, everything is coming off a bit... apocalyptic. I'm obviously eager for it because of that, lol.

Totally unrelated, but are we going to see the Fascist sphere create some of their own megacorps? I know that they're all Yankee puppets to one extent or another, but I doubt they're all so heavily dominated that they can't form their own economic powerhouses. Plus, I would absolutely love for there to be either Clampett Motors or the Clampett Security Corporation come out of Carolina. *Winks in Carolinian*

The "of this era" part is interesting. Does it mean that the RU's view of native americans is going to change in the future?

I imagine that if it does, it's going to be some sort of Noble Savage stuff that's still horrifically racist. That being said, I don't really anticipate that happening. Infees are Infees after all

Totally unrelated, but are we going to see the Fascist sphere create some of their own megacorps? I know that they're all Yankee puppets to one extent or another, but I doubt they're all so heavily dominated that they can't form their own economic powerhouses. Plus, I would absolutely love for there to be either Clampett Motors or the Clampett Security Corporation come out of Carolina. *Winks in Carolinian*

This also has started some ideas for me.

Well, this is a weird name. I have no doubts it is her real name
Hell I didn't bat an eye at the general named "Pinnacleus". I could see a return of the Puritan trend of using phrases for names, but all patriotic instead of religious. It'd be cumbersome as hell but we've long since crossed that bridge and it would further the whole "do your own weird things just don't make waves" attitude the Union has.

One thing I wanna do in the future is make either a fake travel guide for Kissimmee or do a chapter where it's a scene of tourists riding a trolley while the guide rants.

"Over here out the left window we have the Powers-Hendrick House, built in 1928. It appears Ryan is out trimming the hedges today! All hail, patriot-comrade! Now over to the right, here, we have Bunker and Sons Taxidermy, the gut-wranglers of the stars. Built when Kissimmee was just a blip on the map, it's legendary skill and quality was why the Admiral chose it to craft items made from genuine Seminole bone discovered under the Dandridge Resort. We'll loop back around here at 4 o'clock and you too can go in for your own souvenir!"

The "of this era" part is interesting. Does it mean that the RU's view of native americans is going to change in the future?

I should have written it as BY this era. Their views won't change; kinda hard to pass yourselves off as God's Kingdom if you admit an entire ethnicity you killed off was okay after all. lol

Well, this is a weird name. I have no doubts it is her real name

It is indeed. I was originally going with Sophie for her first name and Powers as her last name (which I got from Tyrone Powers from OTL). Then I thought about how Puritan-y Powers sounded so I changed her name to Chastity to reflect a Puritan bloodline.

Richard Hendrick, or Ryan Hendrick?

Chastity Powers, or Sophie Powers?

I used a search tool and couldn't find a Richard in that chapter, but I fixed the Sophie line. As said above, that was the name I was using at first.

I bet more then a few unfortunate underlings and Inferiors got fed to those gators

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"Dammit, Sunstone knows too much! How ever did he figure that one out?! Betsy and Ross will be eating well tonight!"

The best part of this TL remains the detailed and fascinating descriptions of culture- something most TLs don't have.

Thanks, Ephraim! I really get into these cultural updates. It's fascinating the little stories you can create all set in one universe. I try to make Madness so detailed that you could set a video game, book, or movie in it and most things would already be known to at least a little degree.

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
You know what should be even weirder! Women's magazines! Could you imagine something like an RU/NUSA version of Cosmopolitan.

You know what should be even weirder! Women's magazines! Could you imagine something like an RU/NUSA version of Cosmopolitan.
I imagine sex tips to be a more common feature earlier on due to equality between the sexes. I think it would be funny if those ridiculous exploitation men's magazines from the sixties end up a broadly popular genre.
"Pinnacle Life: Tales of True Fluidation!"

Man%27s%20Life%20-%201956%2009%20Sept%2C%20Cover%20by%20Wil%20Hulsey.%5B4%5D.png

Here's what I imagine:
  • Lots of life tips and recipes for obvious reasons
  • A heavy smattering of New Agey Oprah-esque AFC prosperity gospel that focuses on the power of positive thinking to enhance one's homemaking abilities, career, health, etc....
  • As celeb culture grows, profiles on celebs as well as prominent female MDPers.
  • After the RU becomes more liberated sexually, lots of sex and dating tips. "6 Ways to Impress Your Pinnacle Man in the Bedroom!"
  • Subtle nationalist propaganda.
  • Lots of fashion editorials and other things, mainly designed to fuel consumption.
Essentially, a bunch of pretty feminine and feminist decorations to slap on top of the Fascism. I'm eagerly awaiting this TL's Gloria Steinem proclaiming the liberation of all women.... through the Glorious Fascist Sisterhood of All-American Pinnacle Women.

Hell I didn't bat an eye at the general named "Pinnacleus". I could see a return of the Puritan trend of using phrases for names, but all patriotic instead of religious. It'd be cumbersome as hell but we've long since crossed that bridge and it would further the whole "do your own weird things just don't make waves" attitude the Union has.

"The Adams Family is proud to announce the birth of our twin boy and girl, All-Hail Augustus Adam, and Our-Union-Forever Livia Adams."

Last edited:
VIEHMANN.jpg

VIEHMANN2.jpg

*RAGTIME PIANO INTENSIFIES*

I didn't know how I'd pull off the logos, but I thought this one came out great! I googled "1920s fabric pattern" for the background and made it black and white. I thought that worked out swell.

Last edited:
That's some good stuff!

Weird question, @Napoleon53 , but since we're nearing the time when Billy Tipton got big IOTL, what is life like for trans people in the Madnessverse?

I would say, unsurprisingly considering the Victorian ideals of this TL, that most of them--especially in the Union and likely Europa--are getting either/or electroshock and mental hospital. While that's horrible, I would say they are about like they were OTL. Perhaps in Berlin or the Illuminist countries there might be some greater degree of acceptance, but it's probably closer to "we just won't imprison you" in places like Russia and Poland.

This is perfect RU aesthetic, 1776/10. The outfit, the smile/grimace/grile and those eyes... I'm pretty sure I've seen dead people with more life in their eyes.

Jesus christ she looks like a synthetic person. Like an alien designed an android based off of a few pictures of bits of people's faces.

Hilariously, that is barely changed from the OTL version of that painting. I added a little more dark around the eyes to make her look more like the picture I uploaded earlier, but other than that, it's just a creepy old real picture. lol

EDIT: Oh my gosh, I just realized how much it looks like Carrie Fisher.