"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. AkulaKursk Well-Known Member

Oh my God please do not ruin my image of Halo with Madness more then 343 already has. I'm not sure I can take it.

2. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

That's too bad! The Madness is everywhere!

3. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

In all seriousness if the Space Force goes all in on Orion drives and uses momentum to simulate gravity when moving (like in the Expanse, as a good example) they can just keep throwing bodies into space to plant their Pinnacle Fluids on extraterrestrial bodies.

4. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

In case you didn't already think that I have a teenager's sense of humor, my first reaction to this post was to form jokes about planting Pinnacle Fluids on alien bodies. I mean, if they look human...

5. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

A fellow Pinnacle Patrician I see. Honestly it was going to be "plant their Pinnacle flag" but this seemed funnier.

6. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

Listen, the Irish are irredeemable redheaded Satan spawn, but some alien races out there are the lost Tribes of Jehovah, just like the Japanese! That's why they look like people!

7. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

“The council of Jehovah has declared our allies among the stars to be one of the Pinnacle Men”

“But we’re light years from Earth and Philadelphia”

“They’re reeeeally lost Jews”

“They have tentacles and feathers!”

“True but at least they’re not an Irish Mick”

8. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

If you end up with a situation where the Union teaches that life in general is a product of evolution following the most holy grand plan of Jehovah but that Betters alone were directly created by God as a breed apart I could see a trend in pulp sci-fi where the savage hordes are natural evolved Infees fighting the also divinely-ordained Xenozenith aliens allied with the Galactic Co-Prosperity Sphere or whatever.

9. SargentHawk Nixon Now, More Than Ever

[​IMG]
    When the original incarnation of this timeline was being posted, I quickly cobbled together a title card for it to show my support. It was the first titlecard I did for the site, and it shows honestly. As far as I'm aware, it was used for the tv tropes page and several other entries. I no longer have the original, so this thumbnail version is the only version I have.

Anyway, Now with this redux being as absolutely fantastic as it has been and continues to be, I wanted to try and recreate it. Better, and more extreme, as this timeline deserves.

[​IMG]

10. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

What’s the status of Siberia and the Far East after the Russian civil war? I had a silly idea about the fates of China and Korea being swapped, with China divided between an Illuminist Puppet state of North China and conservative republic South China while Korea annexes big chunks of former Russia facing the Bering sea. Leaves Alaska pretty open to the Americans though

11. dakkafex This Title Visible to IRIDIUM Clearance and Above

I've seen it elsewhere, but Alaska-as-Taiwan would be fun, with the remnant Tsarist officials fleeing across the Bering Strait to the dubious safety of North America to escape the Illuminist hordes. Such a nation would have to be an insane garrison state to survive being stuck between the Illuminist Russians and fascist Americans, but might prove to be a geopolitical wild card if they're canny, playing off the two giants' hatred of each other to survive. Mainland Russia wants them back as a breakaway reactionary province thumbing their nose at the Revolution and America sees a Slavic blight on their doorstep and an obstacle to Holy Manifest Destiny that must be overcome, but both are militarily exhausted at this point and probably incapable of sustaining a campaign to conquer all of Alaska as it stands.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 2:24 PM
  12. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

I remember awhile ago Napo mentioned some sort of East Asian Egoism springing up, if that still happens North China could be the nationalist remnant and South China could be the radical ideological state, flipping the China-as-Korea thing on it's head.

13. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

Maybe Viktor's daughter can be its leader.

14. FranzAncheNo Citizen of the Republic of Pistoia

I see interest in Russia is growing once more.
    Where are the Tsar's heirs (And most importantly mah boi ВКТР II, since His sisters are in Turkey AFAIK.) going now?
    • North America? Steel is there.
    • China? I don't think Chinese are going to like it.
    • Russia? I've this idea of a Tsarist terrorist cell launching "V for Vendetta"-like attacks.

Also, maybe the Bourbons are still around somewhere. It'd be great to see an alliance between the HOLY KHAN and the Sun King.

15. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

In 1917 we took a little trip
    Along with Chancellor Gamble across the great and mighty sea
    We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
    And we showed the damn Owls what hell really means

We fired our guns and the Loomies kept a-comin'
    There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
    The Grinder started grindin and they began to runnin'
    And we kept marchin' to Berlin to tell the Krauts hello

We looked across the Rhine and we see the Loonies come
    And there must have been a hundred of 'em beatin' on the drum
    They stepped so high and they made their Owl banners fly
    We stood 'neath the Moon and Stars and didn't say a thing

We fired our guns and the Loomies kept a-comin'
    There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
    We fired once more and they began to runnin'
    And we went marchin' south to lay the heathens low

Our boys rode in and took 'em by surprise
    A battle so bloody we left scarce a Kraut alive
    Twas then we could see we had won the day and well
    we drew our swords and buckknives and sent 'em all to Hell

Yeah they ran through the briers and they ran through the brambles
    And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't run
    They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
    Now we can say that our vengeance has been done

16. Darksider166 Well-Known Member

"We stand today at the precipice of the global Pax Americana our great forefathers dreamed of. From when the great prophet Burr received his revelation in 1826, to our beloved former Atheling Custer and his son Steele and now to me, we have been blessed America..truly blessed. Even now, as I have initiated the Great Peacemaker War which according to my scientists has wiped out 90% of the human population on the surface, we will stand supreme thanks to my genius Hub program. In the coming time, we shall emerge into the baked wastes and claim the world. We Americans won't be inbred radioactive mutants or papist slavic scum, we will be pureblooded and forge the New Jerusalem. Though sadly that won't be in my or in any of our lifetimes, but patience..patience is all we need. Goodnight Dear America, I say goodbye to all, and pray to mighty Jehovah and the government for us to pull through."
    -Extract of Charles Oswald's last speech to the American populace from his special Hub bunker, 1984.

"I AM THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE DAMNIT!!! WHAT I SAY AND DO IS WHAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SAY AND WANT, I WILL NOT HAVE YOUR LIMP WRISTED ASS TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY DAMN EMPIRE!!!" sounds of a smack are heard and a chair being thrown.
    -Extract of a violent confrontation between President Charles Oswald and Vice-President Richard Nixon.

"The League may have peacemakers, but we have our spirit and mighty jehovah to guide us..a nuclear war is nothing to fear gentleman. I have already started it, I have given the order for multiple bombs to hit Paris and Moscow, I predict global devastation will be imminent in an hour. Why is it nothing to fear? Because, despite 90% of the population dead, we shall simply repopulate. The inferiors in their natural state will devolve into the filthy animals that they are, and when we emerge from our bunkers, the whole world will be american. Ooh it just makes me excited thinking about it." Sounds of massive complaints are heard among Oswald's generals before gunshots are heard as they are killed by Oswald's loyalists and Billy Graham's Zealots. Shortly after Oswald would go on to make his last speech.

Eh I was bored thought I just make these insane Oswaldian ramblings.

17. HIM Dogson Rationally Royalist

Something that occurred to me: Illuminism seems to be essentially Hebertism, maybe with a bit more free-market stuff. It's basically just revolutionary Republicanism with added militant atheism.

18. Zoidberg12 Well-Known Member

Read the last chapter a few days ago. I found it very interesting that in this version of the Madnessverse the once great empire of Germania has completely broken apart, with a west Germania and east Germania at that. I also found it disturbing what happened to the Carolinian ambassador and his family, but that’s the point of this timeline after all.

I assume the Kingdom of Mittelafrika was a Kaiserreich reference, but I could be wrong. I also assume that Poland will remain independent.

Lastly, that’s hope Ireland remains a free and sovereign nation. I’m in Ireland right now on vacation, so I felt that this was only appropriate.

19. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

Well of course! What would the timeline be without the Brittanic Union railing about Eirestrip One right offshore? As for Poland I'm shamelessly lobbying that it ends up the core of the Illuminist Bloc.

20. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

A Little Trip.jpg
    A Carolinian man prepares to Take a Little Trip because the Lord's Work ain't gonna complete itself (1917 colorized)

Restraint.jpg
    The powers of the Free World restrain Carolina from "Making every Kraut a corpse" so as not to offend their allies in the area (1917 colorized).