"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

Everything is proceeding as I have *er* foahseen

Napoleon53 and Murica1776 like this.
  2. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Republican Union Space Force High Command
    I always had an idea of actually writing scripts for Madness movies. Some day I might start an ASB thread that's actually a Zap Zephyr movie or tv show.

"No, Duke, I... am your father." [An older Zap reaches his gloved hand out dramatically, as his son precariously dangles over a chasm].

"That can't be! That's impossible!!" [Duke cries as he discovers his true heritage as a Pinnacle Man and also his hand stump]

"Join me, and together we shall secure the 21st century for the Galactic Union!" [Zap smiles faintly as he offers his son a chance to rat out his friends in the Rebellion]

[Duke's face changes, from horror to inner peace as he realizes his true place as an Anglo Saxon Pinnacle Man]. "Yes... father."

JOIN US NEXT TIME AS ZAP AND DUKE TAKE ON SPACE PYGMIES OF PLANET 11. SAME ZAP TIME, SAME ZAP CHANNEL.

3. FranzAncheNo Citizen of the Republic of Pistoia

That's bad.
    "Always look on the bright side of life."

4. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

Imagine someone who never read Madnessverse coming across that thread:

"I'M ZAP ZEPHYR YOU ALIEN INFEE SCUM, AND I WILL CONQUER YOUR PLANET AND YOUR QUEEN IN THE NAME OF MY PINNACLE BODILY FLUIDS!"

"What the fuck does that even mean?"

5. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

I like the over the top layered insults
    "You mongrelized papist inferior step mongoloid!"

6. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Just realized there are like around 30 chapters dealing with the Great War. That is wayyyyyyyyyyy more detailed than 1.0. Lol Keep in mind as well that 1.0 didn't even HAVE an OTL WWI equivelant.

7. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

I dig it. As long as Oswald still screams "WE WILL BURY YOU!!!" I'm happy. This is the most fun thing I've read in a long time

8. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

I know we're a good 20 posts away lol but I was wondering about NUSA. The natural instinct ported over from the old thread would be for Steele or Oswald to launch a genocidal war to conquer CoCaro and declare the United States restored but I think it would work better in the Redux to subvert that impulse. What if Chancellor Gamble, flexing his new muscle, cuts a deal to preserve his nation? The two powers are already joined at the hip when it comes to foreign policy, so what about economic integration a la the EU or the North American Union conspiracy? They could just create a continental currency, declare perpetual union and boom- NUSA. Carolinian radicals might denounce him for selling out Ol' Hickory but if he can get good home rule concessions and spare the Cokies from a devastating total war he'd go down as the most successful Chancellor in the Confederation's history. It wouldn't be completely in Philadelphia's favor, with their secret puppeting of Gamble coming back to bite them in the ass and furthering the delightful trend of the RU having problems with being TOO efficient and successful. In a hypothetical Civil War scenario you could even end up with NUSA surviving on paper and just defederalizing into regional power blocs instead of shattering until some "Governor" is able to bring the rest to heel and restore the Imperial Presidency, something akin to the Mandate of Heaven.

*Edit- in this scenario Carolina would still maintain a Chancellor as well as it's assorted colonies.

9. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

After watching Chernobyl, I’ve been pondering what would such a disaster in the RU/NUSA would be like. In their hubris and fanatical belief in the infallibility of the twisted American Superior science, they punch a reactor to the brink and forever contaminate their Pinnacle Fluids. Oswalds (or his successors) incompetence and refusal to show any weakness results in a disaster so great that America begins to crack apart as rage against governmental apathy drives the people to rebel

10. halfcoop Well-Known Member

Someone is the optimist(pessimist?) We still have to go over Europa, it’s colonies, South America and Asia. Then we may have a Great Depression and second(third?) world war.

11. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

These posts cover quite a bit of ground, and without the war to tie up narrative resources I think 20 is a good number for the relatively peaceful interwar period.

Time Enough likes this.
  12. Time Enough Nightmare angel of the Tea Rooms

Nottingham (kind of, depends on the Season)
    Do you know who would fit quite well in this timeline, H.C McNeile (who also went by the pen name Sapper) writer of the Bulldog Drummond series i.e. Gentleman Adventurer who exhibits everything wrong with 1920s/30s Conservative British Society.

Now I could see McNeile's family changing the name a bit to MacNeile (they were a mixture of English, Scottish and Irish) and MacNeile changing his hatred towards the Irish, Illumanists and Slavs with Pinnacle Man Bulldog Drummond. He's essentially a very British answer to the Republican Pulp Novels and films (OTL Bulldog Drummond had a film series).
    image.jpeg

13. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

It doesn't even have to be THE Bulldog Drummond. It could be a stand-in, like what Zap Zephyr is to Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. "Bulldog Price." Or "Agent Price." (Just a random last name).

Also, he could even be the 007 equivalent.

EDIT: I got it! AGENT SAPPER. It's perfect.

14. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

m5mjEaXl (1).jpg

gdWgBv6l (1).jpg

hKlMIEll.jpg

Truly some blessed images from the mighty hands of SargentHawk. I love Nixon's uniform. It's amazing and a great callback to his ludicrous MDP attire from 1.0. Which in turn was inspired by his Star Wars Imperial Officer-looking Secret Service uniform fetish from OTL.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 3:41 AM
  15. The Congressman Populist Liberty Conservative

Yes! Tricky Dick is back!

Simeon and Murica1776 like this.
  16. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

That's Honest and Reliable Dick to you citizen!

17. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

[​IMG]
    President Nixon's Secret Servicemen, circa 1970
    The best part is, that's not even an alt history caption, that actually happened

18. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

6133321818_3b5b883f5e_b.jpg

Journal320086a.jpg

Republican Union Space Force uniforms, circa 1950s, on display at the Temple of the Pinnacle Man.

19. John Spangler A man of wealth and taste

Pure awesomeness.

jolou, FranzAncheNo, Simeon and 2 others like this.
  20. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Admiral Hood commanding the Republican Union Space Force Destroyer Steele's Fist during the Jovian Inferior Rebellion of 1992