"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

So is Albania part of Serbia now? I thought its occupation ended after the peace between France and the League Of Tsars

President Earl Warren likes this.
  2. SuperZtar64 Lord Protector of the New Commonwealth

Cathedral of Christ, Boston, New Commonwealth
    Okay, so i have an important question. I have big plans for the wiki in the future. I am hoping I can seriously get cracking on expanding it once summer break starts but there's a question I've been struggling with for a long while.

What to do with the info from Classic?

Should we just remove it all? But that just doesn't sit right with me...
    Should we just keep what there is and add on the info from TUF? But then it would seem weird to keep...
    Should we create a new wiki entirely? That just seems unecessary to me...
    Should we keep it and add the info from Classic anyway? But that would mean we'd have to specify wether an article applies to TUF or Classic and I just see that being annoying.

So what should be its ultimate fate?

3. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

For characters from both TL's, maybe have separate sections for their 1.0 biography and their Redux biography. Also mention the different roles they might have had in each TL in the opening paragraph?

4. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

You could do what the Star Wars wiki does and have two overarching categories for Classic and Redux

5. FranzAncheNo Citizen of the Republic of Pistoia

That's great. I really hope the Khan of Khans, Tsar of Tsars, King of Kings, Scourge of God and Autocrat of all Russias, the Chineseslayer, Viktor I the Magnificent and will be back soon.

Napoleon53 likes this.
  6. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

*Not "Qingslayer"
    You had ONE JOB!

7. Vuu Resident Serb expert

So someone said how do we make the Orthodox Church fit in more with this TL? And I said it isn't too difficult because it easily fits in every setting. My proof?

"Yes, the Papists are heretics. The enemies of the Orthodox Church, including Papism to be sure, know well that she has persevered in the faith of her Fathers. Yet, having been persuaded through many examples that they cannot conquer that fortress which is Orthodoxy by means of a frontal attack, these enemies have recently begun trying by other means.
    They have begun a new war, a war of peace, a war worse than the Crusades. Do you not hear the voice of the serpent, seeking to corrupt the minds of Orthodoxy, leading us away from our simplicity?
    Here is what the serpent says: O, Orthodox Church! Why do you keep your distance? Why are you afraid of me? I am no dragon; I am a sweet angel bearing the message of love. I am not going to hurt you. Keep your dogmas and your traditions. Leave these things to the theologians...
    I invite you into my room to discuss other matters. Let us make a common stand against hunger, against poverty, against atheism, against communism, against war. Do these matters not move you? Does this proposition not excite you? Come then, let us begin our conversation on high, on the level of ecumenicity, on the level of mutual understanding. You will see just how beautiful our coming together can be!
    O, Orthodox Church! Our suffering mother! Will you accept this proposition?...
    The theory of ecumenicity, the theory which calls all different peoples to live together in the name of some tenuous peace, a theory supported within worldly and political circles in our century and which has already been applied to the spiritual sphere where compromise is unacceptable, will ultimately lead to conflict and turmoil, truly, to Babel."
    + Metropolitan Augustinos Kantiotes of blessed memory.

Orthodox Metropolitan, or AFC reverend? The differences in what is said isn't that big now huh

8. manacus Kicked

here's a memes Joe Steele upon learning about German revolutions [​IMG]

Well at least thing's can't get any worse right NAPO53 [​IMG]

9. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

You need to shoop on his Oswald helmet. You could make the glasses the brim, color it blue and add in a thorn symbol!

10. manacus Kicked

eh I'm really bad at editing so I don't know how do it sorry dude

11. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Republican Union Space Force High Command
    Working on the new chapter now!

Btw, guys, I can't remember if I posted so or not, but I found not only my dad's old notebooks about the End of Days and Satanology, I also found his Billy Graham collection. I got so many books on him now. XD When he arrives ITTL expect crap to absolutely hit the fan. It's gonna be wild. One of the books is Billy Graham on politics. I'm gonna really bastardize some quotes. lol

The number one smash hit of the NUSA billboards, 2016 XD

18 wheels and 18 miles to Tucumcari
    Just me and Billy Graham and the Bibles that I carry

12. Darksider166 Well-Known Member

It'd be really ironic if the Republican Union ends up recruiting or forming some sort of "satanist" legion/redemption brigade, basically get a bunch of mentally ill individuals with histories of violence or genuine satanists they've imprisoned, indoctrinate them in some sort of wierd twisted devil worship and have them shipped off and perform secret operations during war time where they do dastardly sick satanic violence to "put the fear of the devil" in the enemy.

Actually, Madness!-Satanism would be pretty interesting to see come about. I can only imagine what a madness! Anton LaVey would do. Satanism and Beutelism could work together. Satanic Beutelists could see the Devil as the first individual who rebelled against tyranny and see the Devil as a model for anarchism and ties up nicely with my idea of Spiritual Beutelism/Anarchism or Dysinomianism I mentioned in a post earlier and could certainly be a major part of the radical "leftist" underground once we hit the Oswald Presidency.

Edit: was kinda inspired upon reading of the Blanks/Pariahs of Warhammer 40k and the Culexis Temple Assassins.

On a final note: on the Redemption Brigades, I remember vaguely of some penal legion by either Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia that was comprised of violent criminals and they ended up being one of the most effective units in the war while also one of the bloodiest. Now imagine a Redemption Brigade composed of people like Ed Gein, John Wayne Gacy, and Ted Bundy working together in war and committing numerous atrocities on the enemy.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  13. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Republican Union Space Force High Command
    I can imagine the Illuminists will have some Satanists among their ranks. I mean, it's literally interchangeable with "Luciferianism," basically. I could see some Illuminists genuinely using the "Light-Bringer" as a symbol in the secret rituals of the leadership. Likely crossed with some ancient Pagan beliefs, like the Thule Society. The Union would use it as ammunition to attack Illuminists, as they use "Christian Magick" and believe that using the Other Side for "ungodly" purposes results in damnation.

14. AmericanAdam peeeeee

New London, Capitol District, Nova Albion
    Because nothing in this TL can be sane!

15. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

Where's the fun in that?

Murica1776 and AmericanAdam like this.
  16. Roger Redux The Revisionist

The Mother of all ASBs (a.k.a. "The Real World")
    And it's commanded by Charles Manson.....

17. Darksider166 Well-Known Member

Commander Manson leading Redemption Brigade 616 nicknamed "The Family".

18. 245 Well-Known Member

I once suggested that Iceland and Greenland be insane in this timeline so you are right.

19. EbolaMan131 Dick Pound 2020

Patriotism intensifies

20. Vuu Resident Serb expert

Nah, make LaVey pull a Christian Gnosticism revival but with elements of basically every single occult movement

Born in the USSA likes this.