"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

Given that Eduismo is an antifascist ideology I think Splendidfaith would be a better capitol name for the reborn Holy Nippon.

2. Ameroboto Deep State Bad Hombre

Or we can call it... Tokyo.

3. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

Never! Even if we assume Holy Nippon regains it's independence following a purge of MacArthur or something Oswald would only allow them to go their own way if they were dyed in the wool fascists. The golden age they'd hearken back too would definitely be between the end of the Old Empire and the absorption of the Home Islands into the RU.

Ameroboto likes this.
  4. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Republican Union Space Force High Command
    Quick message from work:

Edu as Tokyo needs to be corrected. I brainfarted. It's EdO. I just forgot to fix it. Lol

Great discussion going on about CoCaro and Africa! It made my three hour corporate seminar more entertaining. Lol!

5. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

In this vein maybe Holy Nippon regains its independence as a reward for dragging MacArthur out into the street and killing him for plotting against Oswald? You could end up with a situation where the Nipponese select their own government but the Atheling of the MDP ends up a ceremonial leader, ironically similar to modern Japan's constitutional monarchy. This could also give Oswald a fanatical arrow in his quiver against the Council of Jehovah if Graham goes out of line trying to reclaim all the power Sunday lost.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    John Spangler and Ameroboto like this.
  6. Ameroboto Deep State Bad Hombre

If that does happen, I would imagine the Nipponese returning the favor by invading East Asia in hopes of finding and raiding the tomb of Genghis Kahn himself. Next, they would exhume the remains and ship them to Philadelphia so that Oswald can personally burn them in front of a crowd of Betters and televise the event for the world to see. Cue the Czar raging beyond belief a second time, the first being the Immolation of Alyeska.

7. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

In the Velvet Revolution chapter it's mentioned that the Council has it's hooks in the ORRA while the President has RUMP in his back pocket, since Oswald is a former top ORRA man I expect he'd have a solid bastion of support but you can never be too careful. Can anybody say Samurai Secret Service?

8. DocBrown The Master of History

Here's the actual map as of January 1st, 1915 (revolts in Germany not counted):
    1915.png

9. SuperZtar64 Lord Protector of the New Commonwealth

Cathedral of Christ, Boston, New Commonwealth
    We've reached the late 1910's boys.

Do you know what this means?

10. halfcoop Well-Known Member

Ok it been a tad for me anyone know what the nations in South America are what are their governments?

11. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

The tan one is Gran Colombia, the orange one is Dutch (?) Guyana, and red is of course Eduist Brazil, dark purple is Peru, light purple is La Plata, I can't remember what Argentina is called now.

12. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

I wonder if Eduist Brazil is gonna go out a conquering soon. I'm sure they could take a chunk out of Peru.

AeroTheZealousOne likes this.
  13. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

What if Peru ends up a pathetically small rump state in universe that's still a little bigger than OTL Peru?

raffaele gaggioli and Murica1776 like this.
  14. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

Birth of "Oswald"?

15. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

I fell like either Gran Colombia or Peru have the potential of becoming this timeline's version of Yugoslavia.

16. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

Sounds like the perfect theater for Oswald to make a name for himself

Ameroboto and raffaele gaggioli like this.
  17. SuperZtar64 Lord Protector of the New Commonwealth

Cathedral of Christ, Boston, New Commonwealth
    exactly right.

he's here... he has arrived.

he has taken physical form at last, at LONG LONG LAST!

[​IMG]

Glory, glory, hallelujah!

18. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

As the legend foretold

Simeon, Napoleon53, Ameroboto and 4 others like this.
  19. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

Anyways, have we gotten anything on the navies of the world and how they compare to OTL, I may ask?

Born in the USSA likes this.
  20. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

All of this talk of JFK appearing has made me think of CoCaro's perfect Madness leader to send things to hell, especially in Africa. Ladies, Gentlemen, and Papists, I present to you:

[​IMG]
    Chancellor Strom Thurmond. Hark the Sound!