Maybe for Europa and other Catholic nations their may be abit more of a neo knight phase , focusing on Holy Warriors (maybe with a spirit of a saint or crusader of old guiding them) defending the nation aganst the forces of Savagery (Ie The Americans, the Russians and to a lesser extent the Muslims) and to save the faithful trapped in Germany. That could be interesting
Gives new meaning to Batman being the Caped Crusader, at any rate.

Maybe for Europa and other Catholic nations their may be abit more of a neo knight phase , focusing on Holy Warriors (maybe with a spirit of a saint or crusader of old guiding them) defending the nation aganst the forces of Savagery (Ie The Americans, the Russians and to a lesser extent the Muslims) and to save the faithful trapped in Germany. That could be interesting
I'm sorry for ruining this, but you made me thinking about Captain Österreich: the knight-like superhero with an eagle on his shield that is always ready to defend Catholicism and the Southern Germans.

Noble Bruce McWayne,by day a Good Catholic man, upholding every tradition of Irish Chivalry and donating generously to the poor and the Church, by night a instrument of holy vengeance on the Anglo Saxon Cultists and striking down the Atheist Beutlists. Beware anti Irish evil doers..

Noble Bruce McWayne,by day a Good Catholic man, upholding every tradition of Irish Chivalry and donating generously to the poor and the Church, by night a instrument of holy vengeance on the Anglo Saxon Cultists and striking down the Atheist Beutlists. Beware anti Irish evil doers..
Confessor_Astro_City_1.jpg

I've just realised something, I was wondering what would be the drug of choice that could be prohibited on a large scale by the RU.

Opium & Heroin

It's something that you get addicted to, that slows you down and can destroy your life. However I bet a lot of people would take it to escape the horrors of there the World. Add the fact it's probably going to be grown in Asia (I suspect the Southern Chinese Republic since they need money through any means) cue the RU fearing there Pinnicle fluids getting corrupted through Opuim.

Some thoughts and ideas for the future:

Germany & Berlin becomes similar to Weimar Germany on steroids (with a more stable political base and economy) with a dash of 1920s Paris. Radicals, Leftist Intellectuals, Artists, writers, club goers, a variety of people who experiment sexually etc. Whilst the government deals with the problems of a Kasiern and variety of Goverments. I'm guessing Europa would be a bit similar.

Persia becomes similar to Turkey but bigger, deciding to become more tolerant of religions mainly to get more supporters. However it does deal with some problems from a mixture of groups.

Portugal survives for a bit before Europa tramples it into dust.

Ireland and Britain become like Korea (before the 00s) for a bit, lobbing shells and bombs every so often and becoming increasingly paranoid.

Last edited:
I have a theory/idea for how Steele's purge could occur and evolve. In OTL's Great Purge, Stalin initially purged the elite before things went batshit and he started targeting everyone.

ITTL, I think Steele might initially only be interested in purging the elite in a targeted way so he can consolidate power. Then, right as he's about to wind down the purges, his surrogate mother Matilda Richardson dies. Maybe she's killed (lending some credence to the paranoia), maybe she just dies of natural causes. Either way, given their relationship and the emotional dependence he likely formed to her given his rough childhood, you have a perfect recipe for him to go nuts and see her "killers" everywhere. Cue the start of mass purges and the Union plunging further into insanity.

I have a theory/idea for how Steele's purge could occur and evolve. In OTL's Great Purge, Stalin initially purged the elite before things went batshit and he started targeting everyone.

ITTL, I think Steele might initially only be interested in purging the elite in a targeted way so he can consolidate power. Then, right as he's about to wind down the purges, his surrogate mother Matilda Richardson dies. Maybe she's killed (lending some credence to the paranoia), maybe she just dies of natural causes. Either way, given their relationship and the emotional dependence he likely formed to her given his rough childhood, you have a perfect recipe for him to go nuts and see her "killers" everywhere. Cue the start of mass purges and the Union plunging further into insanity.
And with the advent of the mass purges, we see figures such as Ryan Hendrick, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, and the great Chuckie Oswald rise through the ranks

I just thought of something that could be pretty popular in the RU: Warhammer 40000. Think about it: a powerful fascist state, led by a god-like being who's worshipped by almost all of his subjects (but who isn't actually a god, and only a few know the truth), and an organization that hunts down heretics and 'inferior' alien beings. What do you think?

I just thought of something that could be pretty popular in the RU: Warhammer 40000. Think about it: a powerful fascist state, led by a god-like being who's worshipped by almost all of his subjects (but who isn't actually a god, and only a few know the truth), and an organization that hunts down heretics and 'inferior' alien beings. What do you think?
With Prophet Burr powering the whole empire himself, if we'll talk about the game being marketed to Europan and European markets.

I was re-reading chapter 65 and a question came to my mind.
Are we going to see the Perrault-Napoleon IV relationship evolving in a Shōgun-Tennō one? Is such a relationship going to last and become a tradition?

I imagine RU science fiction would tend to resemble a mix of Starship Troopers (without the irony), Warhammer 40K (If the Imperium was treated as right in all they do) and The Turner Diaries (a natural consequence of the above).

I would wager the sci-fi genre in the RU wouldn’t be allowed to make works depicting plucky rebels fighting an evil empire (nothing like, say, Star Wars or Dune) unless the empire was very clearly modeled on Russia or France. Otherwise it’ll be treated as seditious beautelist propaganda

What would sci-fi look like in Europa, Germania, or Russia?

These nations' sci-fi I could see centering on colonial missions to other worlds, colored by a pro-imperialist spin. I could also see these nations indulging in different sorts of utopian sci-fi (for obvious reasons, I imagine dystopian works have less overall appeal in this world).

I could see sci-fi in Europe featuring a number of humans vs. aliens stories that basically boil down to Napoleon I's conquests IN SPACE, obviously with different spins depending on if one was a power that benefitted or lost from Napoleon's actions. Depending on which country, either Earth is led by a Napoleon analogue who can crush the xeno menace or the xenos are clearly modeled on the French and crushing the poor humans underfoot.

If there are any Beutelist countries that arise in the future, I'd imagine they'd dabble in the dystopian-society-overthrown-by-plucky-rebels trope the most of any other nation, given that they'd be the only ones who'd support that on principle (even though I'd imagine a Beutelist country goes the way of Mao's China if not Pol Pot's Cambodia sooner rather than later)

Still alive, guys! I was going to post a chapter on my weekend but my brand new radiator started acting up in my 65 and it was a mess and now I'm broke. lol

One thing I've thought of purge-wise if what if Steele creates the "Sacred Family Laws," where adultery is not only illegal but punishable by death. Growing up in a broken home, it might be a pet peeve of Steele's and also it enables mass purges of otherwise popular political officials. I could see mass overnight arrests for degeneracy, with much of the intel provided by Sunday and the Church being used as prosecution evidence. Later on, I'm sure his successors would do away with it as part of "de-Stalinization."