Wouldn't such an invasion be immediately crippled by the fascists cutting off supplies at the Bering Strait? It's not like the RU would be taken by surprise with its insanely effective foreign service. Do you see the Russians trying to march an Army through this?:

muskeg-bog-with-ponds-mitkof-island-konrad-wothe.jpg

Hint: Everything in that photo has water under it.

Trying to get supplies over Muskeg is only slightly more realistic than the Russians marching an army over the north pole. Maybe I don't have faith in Viktor's military but I don't see the soldier fanatics of the Republic Union having much trouble with an enemy whose supply chain stretches 2/3s around the planets northern hemisphere.

I have another question, what are the names of the RU's intelligence services? They have demonstrated themselves to be incredibly effective, in a manner that actually weirdly reminds of the old fascist obsession with internal subversion. I assume that this was deliberate?
The Scourge of God does not care for such trivial things as logistics. His men will die for Mother Russia, and take a suitable amount of Jew-loving heretic filth with them, or the Great Khan of Khans, the Supreme Autocrat of the Motherland, will personally burn their fathers and sons at the stake while having their sisters and mothers and daughters violated until they die, then cut up and fed to his hounds. In public.

And the penalty for returning to Mother Russia before being ordered to do so (AKA cowardice)? That will be even worse, and the cowards will beg the Scourge of God to give them the permission to die. But they will find no mercy from him, for Mother Russia demands absolute loyalty, and the Most Holy Tsar will receive it. Slava Viktor! Slava rodina!
-------

In all seriousness, I think that trying to apply logic and reason to the unholy offspring of Ungern-Sternberg and Hitler in Kaiser Wilhelm's body is a doomed enterprise. This Tsar is so fucking nuts that Heinrich Himmler would consider him stark raving mad. Of course any military adventures against the RU are going to be a disaster, but that'd not going to stop him from trying.

Good News everyone, I just found the perfect image to represent the RU forces in Canada:
f824558e4ff276f7e44915c5d0ba30a1.jpg

(I have many questions...also this just makes me think of that Mitchell and Webb sketch), I'm just imagining this being used in all the Europan Newspapers.

Good News everyone, I just found the perfect image to represent the RU forces in Canada:
f824558e4ff276f7e44915c5d0ba30a1.jpg

(I have many questions...also this just makes me think of that Mitchell and Webb sketch), I'm just imagining this being used in all the Europan Newspapers.
The birth of the skulls and bones fraternity?

View attachment 433591

Expect to see this guy very soon! I expect he might be the one who invented flamethrowers. Also, he might be English. Haven't decided yet.

I'm thinking that all of the ORRA units will end up mechanized. If I have an epidemic break out, it might be the only way to keep the war moving. I could imagine a wheelchair bound Patton basically developing early Blitzkrieg from his hospital bed.

View attachment 433591

Expect to see this guy very soon! I expect he might be the one who invented flamethrowers. Also, he might be English. Haven't decided yet.

I'm thinking that all of the ORRA units will end up mechanized. If I have an epidemic break out, it might be the only way to keep the war moving. I could imagine a wheelchair bound Patton basically developing early Blitzkrieg from his hospital bed.
Patton being patton but in a wheelchair? Why is that as awesome as it is?

As someone who loves Patton, I hope he dies a horrible and immediate death in 1913 so as to not leave a sour taste in my mouth that every other major American historical figure has now left in my mouth.

My Napoleon, you sure have a knack for making me disgusted with alternate America, keep up the good work!

Applause all around to our fellow Protestant Warriors in the Union for their smashing success in Quebec. Soon Carolina shall do its part in invading Hispaniola (East Carolina) and shall aid in the rescue of Holland from the bloody hand of Bonapartist aggression! Hark the Sound!

In seriousness, Quebec is getting reamed, unfortunately. It's not surprising tho.

As someone who loves Patton, I hope he dies a horrible and immediate death in 1913 so as to not leave a sour taste in my mouth that every other major American historical figure has now left in my mouth.

My Napoleon, you sure have a knack for making me disgusted with alternate America, keep up the good work!
I can see it now. Patton, in his wounding, has de-Madnessfied. He passes on his doctrine of inner sanity to his disciple, the young Richard Nixon. How you need to feign madness to get power, and then make everything sane once more. It's the ultimate plot twist!

CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 60
OUTBREAK
cropped-Soldiers-in-Masks-Marching-in-Seattle-InfluenzaArchive_Cropped-1.jpg

Yankee troops march with facemasks in downtown Philadelphia during the beginning of the outbreak

The sound of death is a very peculiar thing. It is at once quiet but also loud. There is the sickening quiet of a man choking in his own vomit, and then there is the agonizing final howls of a man who sees the dark shroud of eternity looming in the corner of the field hospital, stretching out a bony finger, selecting him to sail upon the River Stix. The 13th ORRA came to Quebec on barges on the St. Lawrence. Now they were leaving on carts, stacked five high with the corpses of the fallen.

What had been initial victory and occupation in Montreal had devolved into chaos and fear. No one was safe. Patton had been but the first well-known officer to become infected with the plague currently spreading over the city. Before him, there had been many coughs and causalities caused by an unknown "campground outbreak." It was typical for large armies to suffer such problems, especially during the initial mustering of the troops. The Union Army was bringing together men from all over the continent and mixing them together in what was essentially a giant petri dish. Over 800 of the 10,000 men in the 13th ORRA had showed signs of illness during the time between the sacking of Cornwall and the Siege of Montreal. As the siege lifted and the Americans occupied the city, the outbreak was spreading between the prisoners and the newly-arriving Lincoln's Hammer.

Patton was not yet 30, and as he lay on his stretcher in Montreal's ORRA headquarters, he saw that black hand stretching out to claim him, to snuff out his light as if he was any farmer or baker. He always saw himself with a glorious future, boundlessly successful and going as far as Union society could take him. He couldn't believe he was in this position, randomly struck with such an abominable malady. A cough came, and with it came bloody, foamy phlegm gurgling out of his mouth. Three male nurses held him down as he convulsed and a doctor jabbed him with needle after needle. He drifted in and out of consciousness, his pale-white frame covered in cold sweat. He had to manage the occupation, damn it! He couldn't lie here and die. After 70 hours of misery, he finally stirred himself enough to sit up.

Nurses tried to get him to lay back and rest, but Patton ordered them to fetch him a wheelchair. He pushed himself into the seat and demanded his officers come to see him. "Get me my men! I've been laying on my damn ass for who the hell knows how long and I need to get to work!" he shouted, his voice shaky and his attempt at hiding the pain was failing pretty badly.

The doctor came into the pale-blue, poorly-lit room to see what the commotion was. When Patton demanded again to see his subordinates, the doctor, a chubby fellow with greasy black hair, replied, "Commander Patton... most of your men are sick. General Smythe is dead."

Patton's eyes became like saucers and his mouth fell agape. "General Smythe?!" he roared. "I just talked to him yesterday! He was fine!"

The doctor frowned deeply behind his mask. "Sir, that was nearly three days ago. You have been ravaged by a campground flu. We're not sure why this variant is so potent but we're trying to contain the outbreak."

What the doctor said was only partially true. It was an influenza, but it was no mere campground outbreak. This was a devastating disease that was quickly mutating as it spread. Despite the evidence that it originated in New England during the call to arms, the Union government was blaming it on "Canucks and Beckies who live in their filth and Inferior fluids, insipidly spreading it as part of some diabolical scheme to grind our beautiful march to the North Pole to an end." Around the same time that Patton fell from his horse in Montreal, European powers were beginning to receive news of the outbreak of a devastating plague sweeping through Quebec. What was most unfortunate was that Union seizure of Greenland, causing immediate cross-contamination with the Nordreich and Swedish vessels forcing Iceland to surrender. The North Atlantic was a Central Powers zone now, but it was also the link for the disease to infect Europe.

The public's morale had been high for weeks, celebrating the triumphant and bloody march of the Union Army toward Quebec City. All at the same time, the Californian Front was opening up and Lucius Africanus Goodyear's Army group IV was sacking Thunder Bay, the capital of Canada. All over North America, the American Eagle seemed to be soaring to total victory within months. "Over by Independence Day!" became the rallying cry. Tens of thousands flocked to the streets, waving flags and carrying signs. In short, it was the perfect breeding ground for a devastating disease. Within a week of Patton's jump from horse to wheelchair, newspapers were labeling the "Beckie Flu" and the "Canadian Influenza." Irrational hatred of all things Canadian and Quebecois was made even more extreme by the outbreak of the disease. The war crimes perpetrated by Ashton and Sims during the Kawartha Lakes and Belleville were nothing compared with what was to come.

As Patton wheeled himself about the hospital, he could see the devastation the outbreak was bringing to his army as well as the civilian population. As he slowly recovered his mental faculties, he remembered the stormtroopers who brought him victory at the Hole in the Wall with their flamethrowers. The cogs began to turn in his head as he realized the potential to nip the outbreak in the bud potentially. A day after recovering enough to ride a horse, Patton, still crippled and weak in the legs, began to take command once again. With the death of Smythe and the officer corps of the 13th and Lincoln's Hammer very much "in flux," it was up to Patton to take a firm hand with the city and the army, and take a firm hand he did.

On March 22, 1912, fifteen stormtroopers, their faces covered in crude respiration masks based on sea divers helmets, marched into Camp Patton, the prisoner of war camp currently holding several thousand POWs and "civilians of suspect." The camp was drenched in flu and the stench of death was very overpowering. It would be masked soon by the stench of burning flesh. That day, over 5,000 prisoners were burned to death in an effort to halt the spread of the flu. Patton told McClellan via telephone:

"It is somewhat regrettable that we must take such measures, as some of our prisoners were Protestant Canadians of Anglo blood, but I know damn well, by personal experience, exactly what this disease is capable of doing. I have the utmost trust that the Supreme Marshal will see my drastic actions as logical and sound as we attempt to deal with this new plague. I have seen a man running with a rifle and then ten hours later his lungs are full of blood. It's brutal, vicious, and absolutely shocking in its speed and devastation. We need to control this situation now by eliminating the carriers."

McClellan was busy dealing with outbreaks in New England. In the great ghettos housing so many laborers, Inferiors were dying by the score. Seemingly overnight, the ghettos became quarantine areas, their outer neighborhoods patrolled by RUMP officers and volunteer "town watchmen," and these thugs would instantly shoot any who attempted to leave. This was all becoming a logistical nightmare for McClellan, whose aging energy-level could only handle so much at one time. It was with these troubles on his plate that he decided that Philadelphia was too disease-ridden for the upper branches of government. President and Atheling Custer was relocated to the Poconos, not far from the Tobias Institute. The location was the sight of the massive Point Overlook Hotel, now taken over by the government and known as the "President's Vacation Home." There Custer and his cabinet were to be kept free of the outbreak. The newspapers tried to downplay the flu and, when discussing Custer's whereabouts, they would print that he had gone to the Poconos "to get some fresh mountain air and coordinate the war effort."

flu.jpg

Bodies are unceremoniously dumped in a trench by American troops in Canada

flu1918-4.jpg

RUMP officers prepare to move into an Inferior ghetto to restore order

drawn-wyatt-earp-printable-588274-9614197.jpg

The squalid conditions of the Inferior ghettos were ripe for spreading the "Canadian Influenza."

5a8121e86ad10.image.jpg

Many Yankee boys died before ever reaching the frontlines, such as this casualty being loaded into a Red Cross truck in Trenton, New Jersey

970px-Greenbrier_Hotel_1916_cph.3b19148.jpg

Point Overlook, the President's base of operations during the Great World War

PRES. CUSTER SEEKS SOLACE TO MANAGE WAR EFFORT

"President Custer, the tireless Atheling of our Party and the glorious leader of our most Christian realm, has elected for safety reasons to travel to the imposing Point Overlook Hotel, his new vacation home, to coordinate the war effort, discuss the Lord's Will with the Blind Christian Gentleman, and keep his lungs clean of the dreadful Canadian Inferior plague sweeping the north. The Reverend-Colonel Sunday has also elected to go into a self-imposed quarantine at the Chapel of the New Jerusalem, his new Shicagwa headquarters, but he will be regularly addressing the people every Sunday at noon by talkiebox. May Jehovah protect our noble leaders during these trying times, and may the Supreme Creator bring about the Manifest Destiny of our nation in spite of the Satanic disease and foreign hordes currently battling our troops all about. And may Jehovah protect the Central Powers and the Free World! All hail!"

- Philadelphia Times front page story, April 10, 1912

INFERIOR PLAGUE SWEEPS SANDUSKY GHETTO

"Horror. Horror is the only word that can describe the events currently underway at one of the nation's largest Inferior ghettos. The Beckie Flu has ravaged the populace therein and led to the death of approximately 5,000 Inferiors. Despite the fact that this many unsouls have entered the Void, the Sandusky Military Police and their Quarantine Officer Miles Sledge is confident in their ability to contain the spread and keep Sandusky and Ohio a safe place to live. Masks may be acquired for free at every police station and post office, and use of the new Greek Fire weapon from the military has proved effective at managing the sudden onset of corpses, minimizing the need for graves for the dead Inferiors. One American scientist, Dr. Midas Israel Goldstein, a Man of Zion, has proposed the creation of mobill ovens, mounted on the backs of trucks, to quickly and efficiently rid the ghettos of biological hazards and corpse mounds. Colonel Ford, the noble proprietor of Colonel Ford Industries, has championed the work of Dr. Goldstein as a plausible and palatable way to deal with containing the spread of the disease and is purportedly in the early stages of designing these mobill ovens at his Crawford City factories. The disease can easily infect the Betters of Society, but Union doctors at Benedict Arnold University and Metropolis University for Medicine have confirmed that the disease claims the lives of the Inferior far more easily, due to his miscegenated fluids, low constitution and lack of common hygiene."

- Cincinnati Herald front page story, April 15, 1912

As Custer retreated to the Poconos, his son, Michael Custer, the famed Joe Steele of the Nippon War, was heading off to the Californian Front, where the flu had drastically effected the performance of Army Group VI under the Russo-Jew Legate General Abraham Edelstein. The Royal Army of California was finding itself cut off from the rest of the Europan sphere by the Yankee Pacific Fleet and the Australian Navy. This actually helped keep their valuable coast safer than most areas from the flu, but it still was coming. It was inevitable. Senan Andrew Napoleon, Queen Leopoldine's consort and great-grandson of Joseph Bonaparte, died in early April after contracting the disease. This event rocked the morale of the hearty and brave Californian people, who began to see the final catastrophic collapse of their nation as a matter of "if," not "when."

As the world burned and thousands died by bullet and germ, the next generation of leaders were preparing to step onto the scene. Joe Steele looked out over the Great Plains on his personal aeroship, the USS Georgia Brown, and saw row upon row of hospital tents. In Philadelphia, a young Jewish polymath named Midas who had already made a name for himself with his famous equation "E=MC2" in 1905 was heading to a meeting with top government brass to discuss his plans for dealing with the outbreak. As Patton wheeled himself around the cinders of Montreal in a wheelchair, an increasingly depressed and disheartened Field Marshal Perrault returned to the frontlines of the European war to see huge portions of his army sick and dying as the Reich prepared to launch their "Großer Angriff" against the Low Country in an attempt to battle their way to Paris.

But most of all, Field Marshal Ambrose Jansen, of the "Dixie Legion," was given orders to bring Army Group V to the Canadian Front to reinforce the weakened Lincoln's Hammer. The movement of so many troops north and out of the heart of the country was a recipe for a disaster, and the New Order of the Illuminati was about to take advantage of the chaos currently engulfing the nation....

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, but that was a fun chapter to write. Everything is going completely to crap for everyone and I love it for some reason.

Also, I'm imagining AFC Churches packed with dying and sick and they're still singing like this video as people collapse as people fall in the aisles. It's literally apocalyptic. They would HAVE to think this is the end of the world.

Preview guys!

CHAPTER 61
PANDEMIC PANDEMONIUM
image-placeholder-title.jpg

An Illuminati bomb explodes in a vital railway hub in Shicagwa, May 1, 1912

"I warned High Command--I told them that moving the Dixie Legion to Canada would leave the heartland undefended and swarming with Beutelist and egoists. And now these Illuminati terrorists think they can just swagger around and blow up our vital infrastructure! I hereby call for the resignation of Supreme Marshal McClellan and for President Custer to appoint someone of clearer mind to take his place to reassert the dominance of the Betters of Society over the plague-carrying piss-covered ghetto-dwellers."

- Legate General Ambrose Jansen, Army Group V

Last edited:
Oh my...the situation is getting worse by the second! This new disease will surely be a though nut to crack. But hopefully, the good Dr. Goldstein (nice to see him back, by the way) will find a cure, and the brave Patton and Steele will keep on fighting for the glory of the Union! The line about the Illuminati and the preview greatly worry me, though.

Well, it happened! Patton's collapse was the sign of a horrible outbreak that is TTL's Spanish Influenza. Considering how bad things were IOTL with it, this happening during the war is going to throw a disease-ridden cog into the works. This Illuminati thing might also make things more difficult for the war effort.

*Ireland quickly steals samples to unleash on England*
I can’t help but imagine that the RUs warped view of medicine and biology is going to hamper their efforts to devise a solution to Beckie Flue.

And with the Illuminati making themselves known, will we see Shamrock Shakes making their big debut as improvised weapons?