What is the least accurate alternate history you have ever read?

It's not unambiguous alternate history, but Mike Lunnon-Wood's Dark Rose , which features the Libyans and Palestinians invading Ireland to secure it as a bargaining chip to leverage the US to leverage Israel in Arab-Israeli negotiations (I'm not making this up) is certainly one of the most "out there" conflicts I've read.

Wat.

It needs illustration.

Wat.png

There's always Victorious German Arms: An Alternate Military History of World War II.

The Germans adopt a coherent grand strategy, and the allies are apparently absolutely unaware of it and unable to respond to it. For example, there is the dramatic thrust after the fall of Stalingrad where the German Army Group A manages to transcend logistics and burst through the Caucasus into the Middle East, trapping the British Eighth Army in Egypt.

Meanwhile, in response to Operation Torch, the French somehow suffer a giant vast mind transfer and resist defiantly. Once the Allied troops have driven them eastward, in absolute disregard of logistics, domestic politics., and military resources the Spanish pour out of Morocco, trapping and isolating the Allied forces in Africa, who as said have somehow been unable to respond to the changing circumstances or take due precautions, such as having troops watching the Spanish Moroccan border . . .

And so on to the dramatic climax to the war, when the combined Axis fleet of German, French, and Italian ships defeats the combined Allied fleet of American, British, and Japanese (!) ships off the British coast, opening the way to -- dare I say it? -- Sealion II.

something I've pointed out before on here.... AH is kinda split into two categories... there is the 'serious' kind, where the authors put real thought into PODs and possible consequences of those PODs. Then there is the 'thought experiment' kind, where you get a basic idea and how you get there may not be plausible at all; thus, the Conroy novel where the Nazis occupy Canada, just so we can have 'huge battles between the USA and Nazis in N. America"... the latter isn't necessarily bad, and can be fun, but you have to suspend your disbelief for a lot of it...

something I've pointed out before on here.... AH is kinda split into two categories... there is the 'serious' kind, where the authors put real thought into PODs and possible consequences of those PODs. Then there is the 'thought experiment' kind, where you get a basic idea and how you get there may not be plausible at all; thus, the Conroy novel where the Nazis occupy Canada, just so we can have 'huge battles between the USA and Nazis in N. America"... the latter isn't necessarily bad, and can be fun, but you have to suspend your disbelief for a lot of it...
You got the serious, thought experiment, and "just for fun" kinds down but you missed the "Shoving political theories down your throat with a fake history" kind

I've found it's often problematic when stuff that's really the "thought experiment" kind at heart adopts the "TL, pseudo-textbook" structure of the "serious" kind. The plausibility issues are there, but there's no story or "oh, this isn't meant to be truly accurate" sensation to cushion them.

People have mentioned The only thing to fear a lot, and I've been thinking: does the book outright say that Hitler's grandson is the leader because he's his grandson, or is it that he became the new leader of the third Reich while coincidentally being Adolf Hitler's grandson?

Stars and Stripes.

Holy hell, the Lead mine London is getting it's water from in that drivel would be enough to encase the sun in radiation shielding.

People have mentioned The only thing to fear a lot, and I've been thinking: does the book outright say that Hitler's grandson is the leader because he's his grandson, or is it that he became the new leader of the third Reich while coincidentally being Adolf Hitler's grandson?
No in the book they’ve literally said that assasinating the Führer will add extra instability because his son is too young to rule and I also think they use the phrase Hitler Dynasty at one point