What is a common thing or trope that always seem to happen?

People trying to find some way to make the Nazis more successful, competent and or victorious in general; I see it pop up a lot and I don't understand it, not on any level. Be it from the fact the Nazis were not actually particularly competent or advanced in reality, or the fact their economy remained garbage cos it was broken from the ground up, or even from am interest or moral level cos it just seem disgusting and unpleasant, along with being totally ASB levels of baseless.
I agree with the overall spirit of this post. There have been a few timelines here where the author explicity says something along the lines of "Yes, there's no plausible way the Nazis could win WWII, but I am interested in exploring a world where such a victory happens" and the author presents Nazi Germany as a distopian hellhole. I'm more okay with those timelines because the war itself isn't really the point - Europe and the world after the war are the point. Plus the few timelines that successfully pull that off spare no expense portraying how brutal the Nazi regime would be if they won. There's no illusion at all.

If he becomes edge-lord, hating his friends and Dumbledore, and gained a whole host of OP advantages that did NOT exist in canon
abs basically ok. As a whole the Harry Potter books lost a lot in not having a pure blooded aristocracy as a friend or at least a colleague of Harry's. To showcase the culture of the wizarding world.

The whole point was that the pure-blood superiority complex was wrong, though
I had discussed this a few pages back, but the reason for this reaction is not shown. No group becomes reactionary to the point of almost starting a civil war simply because they think they are superior. There has to be a reason behind this reactionarism, what I proposed is the fact that the wizarding world is being colonized by the normal world. With the nation's culture and identity being changed to be more accommodating for new members of society. Which is what seems to happen, with children learning about the normal world. But on the other hand, children in the normal world do not have classes in wizarding culture.
The best case of this is Hermione with the elves and the part of the wizarding culture she doesn't like. What does she do ? she wants to educate the group in the correct way of thinking and acting, dropping hundreds or thousands of years of culture for an almost alien morality. (whether the new morality is kinder or not is not relevant). In a few generations the wizarding world will have the same culture as the human world, literally identical. If the new wizarding year starts, for example, with a sacrifice to a god/goddess/creature to return something to the earth, something common in many cultures, Hermione and others like her would be the first to say that it is barbaric and should be banned.
Mutations like that of tonks are not explained, if this is more likely to occur in pureblood families it would give a reason for the superiority complex. As a whole the lack of context and culture of the wizarding world is pretty bad and makes the world lose its shine.

I had discussed this a few pages back, but the reason for this reaction is not shown. No group becomes reactionary to the point of almost starting a civil war simply because they think they are superior. There has to be a reason behind this reactionarism, what I proposed is the fact that the wizarding world is being colonized by the normal world. With the nation's culture and identity being changed to be more accommodating for new members of society. Which is what seems to happen, with children learning about the normal world. But on the other hand, children in the normal world do not have classes in wizarding culture.
The best case of this is Hermione with the elves and the part of the wizarding culture she doesn't like. What does she do ? she wants to educate the group in the correct way of thinking and acting, dropping hundreds or thousands of years of culture for an almost alien morality. (whether the new morality is kinder or not is not relevant). In a few generations the wizarding world will have the same culture as the human world, literally identical. If the new wizarding year starts, for example, with a sacrifice to a god/goddess/creature to return something to the earth, something common in many cultures, Hermione and others like her would be the first to say that it is barbaric and should be banned.
Mutations like that of tonks are not explained, if this is more likely to occur in pureblood families it would give a reason for the superiority complex. As a whole the lack of context and culture of the wizarding world is pretty bad and makes the world lose its shine.
It's funny that you mention this because I remember it fits very well with what I described in various posts in the Harry Potter thread.

Basically my own theory is that the reason purebloods are so evil is because they're getting desperate that their real power and influence is non-existent.

As I elaborated on in Lucius Maldoy's post, although on paper he is one of the Great Forces of Wizarding Britain, in practice he is not treated that way at all. Rather, the story treats him as a guy one step away from being declared an outcast and that he has only avoided jail for an ungodly mix of corruption and incompetence.

Which, assuming all the Great Families are treated the same (their ideas ridiculed, their traditions ignored or scorned, and themselves regarded as barely human), makes it suddenly make a lot more sense for them to support Voldemort in his attempts to "restore the natural order".

Realistically I want to see an outcome for National France in Kaiserreich that isn't an Oran-rump state or Apartheid South Africa but French

Basically my own theory is that the reason purebloods are so evil is because they're getting desperate that their real power and influence is non-existent.
yes, interestingly normally elites are not so easy to break. The world seems pretty aristocratic and stratified to me. With several children replacing the parents' work. Even in the magic congress we see, for example, lucios having a seat in the assembly. Which shows me that it's probably a mix of the commons and nobles of the uk in a single house.
As I elaborated on in Lucius Maldoy's post, although on paper he is one of the Great Forces of Wizarding Britain,
I think he only has the position of strength for economic power. both Malfoy and Black came with the Normans if I'm not mistaken what makes these families very old. As a whole it doesn't make much sense for them to be weak.
in practice he is not treated that way at all. Rather, the story treats him as a guy one step away from being declared an outcast and that he has only avoided jail for an ungodly mix of corruption and incompetence.
Perhaps the most prominent individuals died in the war with the most useless surviving, such as Lucius?
This could be caused by the world being seen through harry's eyes. Who is not the smartest being in the world. We have little neutral eyesight, they are people pro-harry and anti malfoy or the opposite. This would make a lot of sense if the nobility were pretty decadent with little resources, but most aristocrats appear to have plenty of money (including Harry). We see that other aristocrats are well respected, while the Slytherins are not.
Which, assuming all the Great Families are treated the same (their ideas ridiculed, their traditions ignored or scorned, and themselves regarded as barely human), makes it suddenly make a lot more sense for them to support Voldemort in his attempts to "restore the natural order".
The wizarding world seems to be in the 18th century in terms of society and the entry of people from the 21st century will cause a lot of problems. If there were more examples of the nobility being portrayed as Lucius I would agree with you 100%, but apparently he's the only one who's a joke. The vast majority of pureblood families seem to be doing well. which makes sense because there is no industrialization in the magic world.The only other problem that the aristocracy seems to be facing internally is the lack of children, something very easy to solve.
By the way, how the population of the magical world is not exploding, epidemics are not a problem and neither is war. Great Britain's wizard population should be much larger. We don't know if Great Britain is one country, or several. If it's a federation or something else. we don't know if the map of the world is the same as ours, france may well be a monarchy whereas england appears to be a republic. Germany may never have united, the greatest power in the world may be a South American nation with another name or an African kingdom. the lack of information from the world makes it difficult to understand the situation of the Nation. Harry's wizard nation can be one of the strongest or completely irrelevant.

It is not possible to know if the countries are the same, the school in south america may well be serving a nation that controls all of south america. the HRE may well exist to this day in the wizarding world, or a Slavic empire led by a Polish nobility.
of schools we only know this here:
1663963955620.png

• Purebloods believed that they were being "replaced" by muggle-borns because of plain old bigotry. Additionally, it seems like they wanted to maximalize their power within the Ministry, particularly since it gave them power to oppress other magical creatures (for example, the enslavement of house-elves and the ban on goblins having wands). However, it's unclear whether Voldemort and the Death Eaters wanted to break the Statute of Secrecy and openly rule over the muggles or just rule the British wizarding community and keep randomly terrorizing and killing muggles.
  • The reason the cultural exchange only goes one way is because the wizards themselves decided to keep themselves secret from the rest of the world. The impetus was their fear of persecution, which is a whole different issue. However, there's no indication that they dislike the insular nature of their culture, and if anything it seems like some of them take pride in how well they've hidden themselves.
  • There's nothing I can remember that suggests muggle-borns were any less impressed by the wizarding world—if anything, those who grew up in it are less likely to respect it. It seems like the people most concerned about their unique culture dwindling away are the same ones most likely to reject muggle-borns as "fake wizards stealing magic from us" (whatever that means).
This is a weird takeaway from what actually happened in the books. The "thousand-year-old tradition" she didn't like was literal slavery. There's nothing that suggests wizards have pagan rituals or anything like that, so it's just a fanon theory, but even if they did, there's no reason to believe that Hermione and other reform-minded wizards would be opposed to it. That being said, I do think the idea of them doing ancient rituals is cool.
Yes, I can't remember anyone except her and her son having the morphimagus ability, so maybe it's a hereditary trait?

Anyway, thread tax: two-power "Cold War"-style scenarios are overdone. I think a multipolar Cold War would be more interesting, such as the three-way Cold War in The Anglo-Saxon Social Model between the Commonwealth, NATO, and the Warsaw Pact. And it doesn't need to be a strictly ideologically defined conflict, either—we got the Sino-Soviet split even in OTL.

Last edited:
Anyway, thread tax: two-power "Cold War"-style scenarios are overdone. I think a multipolar Cold War would be more interesting, such as the three-way Cold War in The Anglo-Saxon Social Model between the Commonwealth, NATO, and the Warsaw Pact. And it doesn't need to be a strictly ideologically defined conflict, either—we got the Sino-Soviet split even in OTL.
I think is Manicheism. Two-power Cold War gives the possibility to simplify the conflict to "US, the PURE GOOD" vs "THEM, the PURE EVIL". Third-power Cold War, not.

What country is the likely 3rd power? America and Russia always run in 1st and 2nd with China as a common 3rd.
Is it possible to get Japan as the leader of GEACPS as the third wheel?

Purebloods believed that they were being "replaced" by muggle-borns because of plain old bigotry.
this is a bad reason, they do it out of intolerance, ok but why? Intolerance usually has historical and cultural reasons.
Additionally, it seems like they wanted to maximalize their power within the Ministry, particularly since it gave them power to oppress other magical creatures (for example, the enslavement of house-elves and the ban on goblins having wands).
that would be a good reason for a power struggle, but what makes them do that,the use of elves seems to be common. Hogwards use them, Ron who is quite low in the social circle to the point of being called poor several times finds it quite normal. Weakening the goblins also makes sense if they literally are the bank, if they are weaker wizards have more control of the bank (which seems to be the only one in the country)
However, it's unclear whether Voldemort and the Death Eaters wanted to break the Statute of Secrecy and openly rule over the muggles or just rule the British wizarding community and keep randomly terrorizing and killing muggles.
they don't seem to have a definite plan for anything to be honest.
The reason the cultural exchange only goes one way is because the wizards themselves decided to keep themselves secret from the rest of the world. The impetus was their fear of persecution, which is a whole different issue. However, there's no indication that they dislike the insular nature of their culture, and if anything it seems like some of them take pride in how well they've hidden themselves.
Well in the harry potter universe there are basically two worlds together that don't mix.
There's nothing I can remember that suggests muggle-borns were any less impressed by the wizarding world—if anything, those who grew up in it are less likely to respect it. It seems like the people most concerned about their unique culture dwindling away are the same ones most likely to reject muggle-borns as
well considering the muggle number for wizards it makes mathematical sense. And the fact that the children of these groups come with their own morals and want to impose them.
"fake wizards stealing magic from us" (whatever that means).
I don't remember the book having anything like that, they were called bad wizards and stuff like that. Ignorant and other things too
This is a weird takeaway from what actually happened in the books. The "thousand-year-old tradition" she didn't like was literal slavery.
Yes, for us it is bad. To the wizard world, it seems pretty normal. Morality itself is not the issue but the imposition of a foreign culture on the defined culture. The only similarity between witches and humans is the fact that they can reproduce, other than that they have centuries of cultural and social divergence.
There's nothing that suggests wizards have pagan rituals or anything like that, so it's just a fanon theory,
was basically a theoretical example of a possible cultural difference
but even if they did, there's no reason to believe that Hermione and other reform-minded wizards would be opposed to it.
You will tell me that if something like a human sacrifice (of a prisoner) or animals for a ritual (something quite common in pre-Christian europe. none of the witches are apparently christian which indicates to me that this is a possibility. But it's only a theory) happens in the universe that Hermione (or others like her) will not call it barbaric and try to end the custom because it is wrong in her vision of modern morality. During half of the books when she encounters a very different custom, she shows displeasure by calling them old-fashioned and barbaric.
to a wizard a doctor from the muggle world is the craziest thing in the world. If you're feeling bad, someone comes with a knife and rips off part of your body. For them this is barbaric, for us it is modern medicine.
That being said, I do think the idea of them doing ancient rituals is cool.
Considering they are not christians, fertility rites and festivities similar to pagan otl would make sense
Yes, I can't remember anyone except her and her son having the morphimagus ability, so maybe it's a hereditary trait?
Apparently it's genetic, which would indicate the superiority complex of pureblood families with attributes like this

Is it possible to get Japan as the leader of GEACPS as the third wheel?
I've been toying with an alt history 'like' that but not quite; it actually diverges when the rogue element that tried to conquer Manchuria fail and cos the Japanese government had shifted from being pissed at them to supporting them before it collapsed the League of Nations decided to slap them around a bit and confiscate many of their colonies.

This led to the more extreme fascist movement that took over Japan not long after this to being the one to get slapped down internally cos they were blamed for fucking everything up and the still imperialistic but less extremist party gaining more influence.

As a result later efforts at Japanese expansion were somewhat less shitty (Still not good mind, not even remotely) and also less spread out as they mostly focused their efforts Southward over trying to invade China and also everywhere else.

The end result was that by the time the Second World War ended -Japan didn't sign treaties with anyone for it and tried to "Stay out of it" like the US until they went a conquering- they still held on to a lot of their new territories cos Europe was exhausted and they promised to buddy up with the US to avoid nukes and keep their conquests.

This ended up as a mixed bag as many territories did still end up lost, but others weren't and overall they became a power bloc; not sure how believably it all is though.