What is a common thing or trope that always seem to happen?

Yeah Egypt always gets the worst end of the stick, wish once a Copt Egypt did well
I mean obviously no Christians in Asia before 1500!
Rip Marco Polo

Church of the East? More like East of what we care about!
Christians? In my Tang Dynasty? More like than you think, buy your brand new religious persecution today!

Because as we know, Classical-Medieval Asia is buddhist territory and can never be anything else
And no Jewish states beyond Khazaria and maybe Russia.
Yeah Islam managed to get as far as Indonesia but somehow a jewish state outside of the mediterranean or eastern europe(nevermind the nazi madness of Madagascar) is impossible
Fuck, now I want a TL without Rome but we still have Jesus. And Jewish/Manichean central Asia
I like that one timeline where Jewish Hannibal won and the ASB one where God let the jews create their own civilisation safe in New Zealand
Also the only Protestantism allowed is Luteranism, Luteranism-based, or post-Luteranism, any other reformist movements should be avoided.
And God-forbid if its a "heresy" like catharism or anything the byzantines didnt like

God forbid it be any kind of Christianity but Protestantism or Catholicism. No Copts, Manicheans or Arianists allowed. Sometimes you can get away with an Orthodox conversion... but never after 1205. I mean obviously no Christians in Asia before 1500! And nobody has ever converted from Protestantism to Catholicism either, right Hungary?
I don't think this happens much due to Arab expansion, but a Nestorian Mongol empire would be epic.
Fuck, now I want a TL without Rome but we still have Jesus. And Jewish/Manichean central Asia.
Christian persia in this case? Maybe ttl mohammed will create a religion in france

God forbid it be any kind of Christianity but Protestantism or Catholicism. No Copts, Manicheans or Arianists allowed. Sometimes you can get away with an Orthodox conversion... but never after 1205. I mean obviously no Christians in Asia before 1500! And nobody has ever converted from Protestantism to Catholicism either, right Hungary?

And no Jewish states beyond Khazaria and maybe Russia.
Because you know that this site is mostly filled of Western right?

Most people who think about religion sects they think of only Protestants and Catholics because either most of them are from these sect, the many other type of Christians are very small comparison to them and don't count Orthodoxy because it's basically just the odd one out
Fuck, now I want a TL without Rome but we still have Jesus. And Jewish/Manichean central Asia.
They're making it mate you can do this

I don't think this happens much due to Arab expansion, but a Nestorian Mongol empire would be epic.

Christian persia in this case? Maybe ttl mohammed will create a religion in france
It is indeed strange how Nestorian Christianity went from being the most widespread Christian denomination in Asia, to being a couple hundred thousand "Assyrians" in the upper Jezireh, in a matter of a couple centuries...

My idea was that Christianity slowly filters outwards, moving from Canaan north into Phoenicia, east into Syria and south into Egypt. From Phoenicia it would spread to the greek polei and Carthage, diffusing into local culture over many centuries. Since there is no state-backed Orthodoxy enforced across the Mediterranean world, Christianity is widely heterodox. It doesn't become a very widespread religion in Gaul until ~800 and basically coexists with local paganism. The religious situation would be more akin to India, with a degree of separation and conflict between paganism and Christianity, but neither side fully destroying the other, instead slowly exchanging ideas over the millennia until the two religions are hard to differentiate for outsiders.

Empires like centralized religions: easy to control, unifying the people and counter-balancing uppity nobles. So I figured that Persia would adopt TL's closest equivalent to an "Orthodox" christianity, with the power of investiture and a monopoly on spirituality being an aspect of kingship. Manicheanism and Judaism would be very appealing to the Central Asians in this case, being a more "liberal" equivalent to Ctesiphoni Christianity. A Jewish Afghanistan would be neat, I think.

Zoroastrianism might move south into the Punjab, perhaps some exiled priests give it a similar role to OTL's Sikhism.

I have no clue what to do with Islam yet. If I include Jesus as "god-given", I want to give Mohammad the same treatment, but I also don't want Islam to just be an ethnic religion in Arabia.

Most people who think about religion sects they think of only Protestants and Catholics because either most of them are from these sect, the many other type of Christians are very small comparison to them and don't count Orthodoxy because it's basically just the odd one out

As someone who finds "Eastern Christianity", whether Orthodox/"Oriental Orthodox"/Church of the East fascinating, I'll agree with this....
Many of us in the West more or less forget it exists....

Because you know that this site is mostly filled of Western right
As someone who finds "Eastern Christianity", whether Orthodox/"Oriental Orthodox"/Church of the East fascinating, I'll agree with this....
Both fair points but I think pointing it out is still worth the merit and in this case I was talking about the AH community in general, not just this website, so a lot of non-westerns included even if it is still mostly West-centered
It is indeed strange how Nestorian Christianity went from being the most widespread Christian denomination in Asia, to being a couple hundred thousand "Assyrians" in the upper Jezireh, in a matter of a couple centuries...
Any idea why that happened? It still surprises me greatly
I mean even with Islam the eastern christian denominations still had a centuries of advantage in spreading

Well the abusive tax on non muslims together with centuries of control do that. For this not to happen, egypt has to resist the arab conquest, but egypt has a bad history with invasions.

Most people who think about religion sects they think of only Protestants and Catholics because either most of them are from these sect, the many other type of Christians are very small comparison to them and don't count Orthodoxy because it's basically just the sectarianism that pretends to be a religion and that is worshiped by the most evil people of all humanity: the Russians.

FTFY showing what many of these people really think, even if they will die rather than admit it.

Well the abusive tax on non muslims together with centuries of control do that. For this not to happen, egypt has to resist the arab conquest, but egypt has a bad history with invasions.
In fact, my scenario on Egypt includes that what they did was kick the Muslims out and reestablish what for lack of another name I called "Kemetism"... which is a hybrid religion between Coptic Christianity, the ancient Egyptian religion and things from the Islam. I have to develop that religion, but an ancient Egyptian would probably look at it with the same horror as an OTL Muslim would.

In fact, my scenario on Egypt includes that what they did was kick the Muslims out and reestablish what for lack of another name I called "Kemetism"... which is a hybrid religion between Coptic Christianity, the ancient Egyptian religion and things from the Islam. I have to develop that religion, but an ancient Egyptian would probably look at it with the same horror as an OTL Muslim would.
Did a similar thing in my signature timeline, though without the copts
Where an Islam analogue rose up in Arabia(though through the Himyarites, not the tribe of Muhammad) based on Ancient Egypt religion with Rah filling up the role of Allah as the "One True God" and the djinns being his solar angels

Basically it just thinking that orthodoxy it's just a weird weird version of Christianity that no one really cares about besides the Russian.

I agree that Orthodox alternate history are rare genre and need to be more mainstream
FTFY showing what many of these people really think, even if they will die rather than admit it.
Ironically people doesn't care orthodoxy because it's just Russian and they are the most hated people beside the Turks of course

Basically it just thinking that orthodoxy it's just a weird weird version of Christianity that no one really cares about besides the Russian.

I agree that Orthodox alternate history are rare genre and need to be more mainstream

Ironically people doesn't care orthodoxy because it's just Russian and they are the most hated people beside the Turks of course
Well, there's a lot of Greeks in my area, so Orthodoxy's not completely alien 'round here... there's even an Armenian Apostolic church here, and an Ethiopian Tewahedo church...

Well, there's a lot of Greeks in my area, so Orthodoxy's not completely alien 'round here... there's even an Armenian Apostolic church here, and an Ethiopian Tewahedo church...
Yeah but why do people think about Orthodoxy they think of the Russians and we don't want to see the Russians happy so yeah

Plus Ethiopia become a Italian colony just cuz and also super duper mega Ultra alpha Greeks and Armenian to destroying the Turks no scope style
Im sure many people who supports Ethiopia
a as leader of decolonisation ignores the fact of Ethiopia is Christian.
African country and general are basically got ignored in Alternate History in general but Zimbabwe, South Africa and Ethiopia have to be the worst example of this

Imagine a Turkic Russia
Truly it would be beautiful
NO DON'T THINK LIKE THAT MAN!

Imagine the grim dark TL like the Draka if alternate history fans see an Turkic Russia

It will be even worse than Sorairo-verse of Both Russia in TLFOM and TLDR COMBINE!!!

Im sure many people who supports Ethiopia
a as leader of decolonisation ignores the fact of Ethiopia is Christian.
I think the only people in my area, besides Ethiopians/Eritreans, who claim to know anything at all about Ethiopian history, are Rastafarians (or local Rastafarian wannabes :p) who, well... have their own ideas about the subject :)