Toonami as its own network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 143718

This is from my own personal alternate timeline called "Timeline-93". In this first post – from a segment involving "Western Animation", Toonami was founded in 1996 – one year earlier than in OTL – but instead of becoming an animation block, it became its own network; think "Boomerang 'from Cartoon Network'", but with Toonami instead. Additionally, it was never cancelled nor does it ever become a part of Adult Swim (ironically, it has its own Adult Swim block called "Toonami After Dark"), and the network has its own line-up of shows including an alternate Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is set in a world akin to The Legend of Korra and it's much darker than OTL's series - and still as influential), TMNT 2003, Teen Titans 2003, Genndy Tartakovsky's The Ronin (TTL's Samurai Jack), Sailor Moon, One Piece, a more complete ReBoot series, and one of its flagship series: Futurama, among other shows. Does this sound like a channel you'd watch and what other shows would fit right at home here?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from my own personal altetnate timeline called "Timeline-93", where Toonami in 1996 – one year earlier than in OTL – became its own network; think "Boomerang 'from Cartoon Network'", but with Toonami instead. Additionally, it was never cancelled nor does it become a part of Adult Swim (ironically, it was its own Adult Swim block called "Toonami After Dark"), and it has its own line-up of shows including an alternate Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is set in a world akin to The Legend of Korra and is much darker than OTL's series - and still influential), TMNT 2003, Teen Titans 2003, Genndy Tartakovsky's The Ronin (TTL's Samurai Jack), Sailor Moon, One Piece, a more complete ReBoot series, and one of its flagship series: Futurama. Does this sound like a channel you'd watch and what other shows would fit right at home here?
This sounds similar to my Space Station idea.

I'd consider putting Saint Seiya on here.

Additionally, maybe this channel could have a Miguzi block with Totally Spies and Code Lyoko and stuff like that.

Deleted member 143718

This sounds similar to my Space Station idea.

I'd consider putting Saint Seiya on here.

Additionally, maybe this channel could have a Miguzi block with Totally Spies and Code Lyoko and stuff like that.
Not a bad idea. This idea was from my "Timeline-93" universe, where popular culture and history (at least from World War I to today) has changed… 90% of it for the BETTER; and the other 10%… well, let's just say that it's not without some of its own problems. And what's this Space Station idea of yours?

Deleted member 143718

How about you collaborate with @UNIVERSAL.EXE on this timeline because this is a very interesting idea
There's actually quite a bit more outside of this. I want to post the whole thing on here, but I feel like it's something that has been done before. But I can give you an idea of what else there is if your curious?

Not a bad idea. This idea was from my "Timeline-93" universe, where popular culture and history (at least from World War I to today) has changed… 90% of it for the BETTER; and the other 10%… well, let's just say that it's not without some of its own problems. And what's this Space Station idea of yours?
It's my idea for a Toonami channel. I got the name from a Discord server I'm in.

This is from my own personal altetnate timeline called "Timeline-93", where Toonami in 1996 – one year earlier than in OTL – became its own network; think "Boomerang 'from Cartoon Network'", but with Toonami instead. Additionally, it was never cancelled nor does it become a part of Adult Swim (ironically, it was its own Adult Swim block called "Toonami After Dark"), and it has its own line-up of shows including an alternate Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is set in a world akin to The Legend of Korra and is much darker than OTL's series - and still influential), TMNT 2003, Teen Titans 2003, Genndy Tartakovsky's The Ronin (TTL's Samurai Jack), Sailor Moon, One Piece, a more complete ReBoot series, and one of its flagship series: Futurama. Does this sound like a channel you'd watch and what other shows would fit right at home here?
It could work, at this time warner was one of the stalwarts of Cable and if promoted enough could be the new teen/young network after MTV goes hard with realities

Deleted member 143718

It could work, at this time warner was one of the stalwarts of Cable and if promoted enough could be the new teen/young network after MTV goes hard with realities
Huh, never thought of it like that… so yeah, that could work! Thanks for that!

Deleted member 143718

Actually, The Powerpuff Girls – or WhoopAss Girls ITTL – is a "semi-"adult animated series (think DBZ, but with The Powerpuff Girls and that's that) are a part of the Fox Network (TTL's Fox Broadcasting Company, FX, and FXX melded together), so I wouldn't see why WhoopAss Girls Z wouldn't make it on that network. It premiered on July 1, 2006 and as for dubbing, who do you reccomend for dubbing (NO DiC dubbing, please!)

Actually, PowerPuff Girls – or WhoopAss Girls – are a part of the Fox Network (TTL's Fox Broadcasting Company, FX, and FXX melded together), so I wouldn't see why WhoopAss Girls Z would make it on that network. It premiered on July 1, 2006 and as for dubbing, who do you reccomend for dubbing (NO DiC dubbing, please!)
Hmmm
I don't think having a swear in the title would be a good idea. Let's change the title back to Powerpuff Girls, or at least make up a new name for it.
As for the dubbing...

Since the show was coproduced by Aniplex, I'd say Aniplex of America could dub the show.

Deleted member 143718

I don't think having a swear in the title would be a good idea. Let's change the title back to Powerpuff Girls, or at least make up a new name for it.
Funny enough, WhoopAss Girls was the show's ORIGINAL name before Craig McCracken changed it to Powerpuff Girls. But if you wish to retain its original name, I’m cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.