What would have happened had Manfred von Ricthofen, aka the Red Baron, had survived World War I? Let's say he gets captured instead of killed and is released after the war, or maybe he never gets shot down in the first place. What would he have done in post-revolution Germany? How might German history be changed?

marathag

Banned
Well, could die in an aircraft crash after the War, like his Brother Lothar, or been like his cousin Wolfram, a Fieldmarshal in the Luftwaffe, dying from a brain hemorrhage as the war ended.
Or even against the Nazis, like Lettow-Vorbeck, even part of the July plot like von Beck

His was an unfinished canvas, story cut short by the War like so many others.

Endless possibilities

He might have joined the Nazis and acquired a very nasty reputation.
Conversely, he could have been involved with the July 20th plot as from what I recall von Richthofen was a devout monarchist and undoubtedly he would have wanted the Kaiser and the House of Hohenzollern restored.

It is difficult to speculate for sure given that he died young and had a mythology around him due to becoming a legendary fighter ace but it could be either way. Heck, the Red Baron surviving that fateful day could have been the butterfly to made the Kaiserschlacht successful!

Well, if he survives, then Hermann Goering may not have become as prominent as he did. Since Goering's fame and connections played a large role in the Nazis' early success...

If I may blow my own horn -- TOOT!

Here's my speculation on such a course of events.

Thank you.

There is many possbibilities. I would say that it is about whatever what writer wants to do with him. There is not just one of plausible way him going after the war.