What if the NBA Reset back to the 1997-98 Season?

Should the Grizzlies re-locate and where to?

• Buffalo, New York (Yes, they should re-locate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2001 NBA Playoffs

Trail Blazers 3-2 Suns
Timberwolves 3-2 Mavericks
Nuggets 3-2 Warriors
Lakers 0-3 Blues

Trail Blazers 3-4 Timberwolves
Nuggets 1-4 Blues

Bucks 3-0 Heat
76'ers 2-3 Hornets
Magic 2-3 Celtics
Bulls 3-1 Knicks

Bucks 4-1 Hornets
Bulls 4-3 Celtics

2001 Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks (1) v.s. Chicago Bulls (2)

Game 1: Bucks win 101-62
The Bulls get Literally Destroyed, as Kobe drops 35

Game 2: Bucks win 68-58
Despite dropping 33 Points in total, The Big Bucks (as Kobe and Garnett are now called) combine for 32.

Game 3: Bucks win 72-65
Even though the Bulls had a 3-point lead after the 1st Half, the Bucks would rally back behind 25 from the Big Bucks. The bucks take a 3-0 lead in Chicago.

Game 4: Bucks win 72-67
Behind 24 from the Big Bucks, the Bucks sweep the Bulls (going 11-1 in the Playoffs) and advance to the NBA Finals, for the first time since 1999

2001 Western Conference Finals: Minnesota Timberwolves (4) v.s. New Orleans Blues (7)

Game 1: Timberwolves win 87-53
A horrible game for New Orleans, setting an NBA Postseason Record (Fewest Points scored In a half, 19)

Game 2: Blues win 82-65
A much better game for New Orleans as Paul Pierce drops 25

Game 3: Blues win 79-78
A back and forth game the entire time, Reggie Miller hits a game-winning three with 4 seconds left, to take a narrow game 3 at home.

Game 4: Timberwolves 74-63
Despite 25 Points from Reggie Miller, Baron Davis, and Tom Gugliotta combine for 31 points to tie the series 2-2

Game 5: Timberwolves win 78-74
A very close game at home, as Baron Davis stars with 25 Points, to take a 3-2 Series lead

Game 6: Timberwolves win 83-79
Another very close game, but Baron Davis is just too much, and the Timberwolves advance on to their very first NBA Finals

2001 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks v.s. Minnesota Timberwolves

Game 1: Bucks win 82-80
A very close Game as Tom Gugliotta misses a Game-Winner

Game 2: Timberwolves win 81-77
Another close game as Mitchell Stevenson scores 22.

Game 3: Timberwolves win 104-80
Despite 34 from Kobe, Stevenson and Davis combined for 55, to take a 2-1 series lead at home.

Game 4: Bucks win 77-74
Another very close game, as The Big Bucks, combine for 35 to tie the series 2-2

Game 5: Timberwolves win 79-63
An easy win for Minnesota as Gugliotta, Stevenson, and Davis combined for 40 Points, as the T-Wolves take a 3-2 Lead

Game 6: Bucks win 87-82
Yet another close game, with The Big Bucks having a 26 Point, 13 Rebound, 10 assist performance and do not come up short. Game 7 in Milwaukee

Bucks win 85-63
And behind a monster 31 Point Game from Kobe, the Milwaukee Bucks win their 3rd NBA Title and 1st in 3 Years

2001 NBA Champions: Milwaukee Bucks (3rd Title)
2001 Finals MVP: Kevin Garnett

Charlotte Hornets Press Conference
June 23rd, 2001

George Shinn: Thank you everybody for coming out to this Press Conference. We at the Charlotte Hornets, in agreeance with the City of Charlotte, The State of Carolina, The NBA, and the City of Raliegh, we would like to announce that we will be moving to Raliegh, North Carolina, and renaming to the Carolina Hornets. We will be playing in Raleigh Entertainment & Sports Arena beginning with the 2001-02 Season, however, the re-name will not take effect until the 2002-03 Season. Thank you.

1607622126302.png

(Also while I'm doing this, I just wanted to let everybody know that 2001 Offseason will be here by the end of the day).

2001 Offseason

In what will probably be the greatest retiring classes, the following retire: Kevin Willis, Dale Ellis, Chris Mullin, Dell Curry, Joe Dumars, Steve Kerr, John Salley, A.C. Green, Arvydas Sabonis, Mark Price, Ricky Pierce, Lamar Odom (why, IDK), John Stockton, Karl Malone, and Michael Jordan.
Jordan, Malone, and Stockton to be inducted to the HOF in 2006, Mullin, Dumars, Sabonis, and Price to be HOF Later.
HOF Class of 2001- John Chaney, Mike K., Moses Malone, Bill Laimbeer, and Lou Hudson ( I added Laimbeer and Hudson because I think they deserve to be in the Hall, and otherwise this class would be boring)
The Luxury Tax threshold is increases
Vancouver Grizzlies officially complete the move to Las Vegas
Charlotte Hornets move to Raleigh, keep Charlotte Name
Dallas Mavericks move into American Airlines Center

2001 NBA Draft Lottery

Welcome to the 2001 NBA Draft Lottery, now let's go to Deputy Commissioner Russ Granik

The 14th Pick will belong to the: Houston Rockets

The 13th Pick will belong to the: Atlanta Hawks

The 12th Pick will belong to the: Los Angeles Clippers

The 11th Pick will belong to the: Sacramento Kings

No big changes so far

The 10th Pick will belong to the: Cleveland Cavaliers

The 9th Pick will belong to the: New Jersey Nets

The 8th Pick will belong to the: Washington Wizards

The 7th Pick will belong to the: Detroit Pistons

Still completely on Track

The 6th Pick will belong to the: Las Vegas Aces

That means Toronto has moved into the Top 4

The 5th Pick will belong to the: Seattle SuperSonics

That means that both Toronto and San Antonio have jumped into the Top 4 along with the Jazz and Pacers

The 4th Pick will belong to the: Toronto Raptors

The 3rd Pick will belong to the: San Antonio Spurs

Either the Jazz or Pacers will claim the First Pick

The 2nd Pick will belong to the: Utah Jazz

And that means the Number 1 Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft will belong to the Indiana Pacers

Last edited:
2001 NBA Draft, Madison Square Garden
July 27, 2001

Welcome to TNT coverage of the 2001 NBA Draft. Now let's go to Commissioner David Stern with the First Pick

With the 1st Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers select Evan McCarthy, Center from Wichita State

With the 2nd Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Utah Jazz select Gilbert Arenas, Point Guard from Arizona

With the 3rd Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select Chucky Powers, Center from Rutgers

With the 4th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Toronto Raptors select Taylor Moncrief, Shooting Guard from Auburn

We have a trade to announce: The SuperSonics will trade this pick to Boston for Travis Knight and Walt Williams

With the 5th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Pau Gasol, Center from Spain

We have a trade to announce: The Aces will trade this pick for Gary Trent and Walter McCarty

With the 6th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Garry Toscano, Small Foward from Portland

With the 7th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons select Donell George, Point Guard from Purdue

With the 8th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Washington Wizards select Tony Parker, Point Guard from France

With the 9th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select Melvin Davidson, Point Guard from Wichita State

With the 10th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select Jessie Armstrong, Center from Butler

Other Picks (a.k.a, you guys know the deal)

With the 13th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Shane Battier

With the 14th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Houston Rockets select Jason Richardson

With the 16th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the New York Knicks select Tyson Chandler

With the 17th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Zach Randolph

With the 40th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Utah Jazz (via Cleveland) select Gerald Wallace

With the 56th Pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, the Orlando Magic select Brian Scalabrine

2001 NBA Free Agency

Keith Van Horn NOB-NOB
Glenn Robinson HOU-HOU
Christian Laettner ATL-ATL
Michael Finley LAC-NJN
Jamal Mashburn NJN-DET
Shareef Abdur-Rahim SAC-IND
Marcus Camby TOR-POR
Steve Nash CHA-BOS
Toni Kukoc CHI-SAS
Vlade Divac PHI-DET
Ben Wallace CLE-ATL
Rik Smits DEN-WAS
Chauncey Billups BOS-BOS

2002 NBA All-Star Break

Three-Point Contest Winner: Dirk Nowitzki
Slam Dunk Contest Winner: Billy Webb

Western Conference Starters:
G- Mike Bibby (3rd All-Star Game Selection
G- Baron Davis (2nd All-Star Selection)
C- Shaquille O' Neal (11th All-Star Game Selectin)
F- Tim Duncan (6th All-Star Selection)
F- Dirk Nowitzki (3rd All-Star Game Selection)

Eastern Conference Starters
G- Andre Miller (1st All-Star Game Selection)
G- Kobe Bryant (4th All-Star Game Selection)
C- Chris Webber (5th All-Star Game Selection)
F- Shareef Abdur-Rahim (3rd All-Star Game Selection)
F- Corey Maggette (3rd All-Star Game Selection)

All-Star Game Points Leader: Baron Davis, 16
All-Star Game Rebounds Leader: Elton Brand, 7
All-Star Game Assists Leader: Andre Miller, 8
All-Star Game MVP: Tim Duncan

2001-02 NBA Season

MVP: Gilbert Arenas (Jazz)
ROY: Gilbert Arenas (Jazz)
6MOY: Ron Mercer (76'ers)
DPOY: Shaquille O'Neal (Lakers)
MIP: Issac Barkley (SuperSonics)
WCPY: Gilbert Arenas (Jazz)
ECPY: Kobe Bryant (Bucks)
All-NBA First Team:
Gilbert Arenas
Kobe Bryant
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O' Neal

Western Conference Standings:
Utah Jazz 52-30 (Northwest Division Winners)
Sacramento Kings 48-34 (Pacific Division Winners)
Minnesota Timberwolves 48-34
New Orleans Blues 48-34 (Southwest Division Winners)
Denver Nuggets 46-36
Golden State Warriors 45-37
Los Angeles Lakers 44-38
Portland Trail Blazers 44-38

Eastern Conference Standings:
Indiana Pacers 58-24 (Central Division Winners)
Chicago Bulls 51-31
New York Knicks 49-33 (Atlantic Division Winners)
Milwaukee Bucks 43-39
Orlando Magic 41-41 (Southeast Division Winners)
Detroit Pistons 41-41
Miami Heat 41-41
Orlando Magic 40-42

Not a whole lot happens this season. The Raptors and Spurs both got new coaches, The Indiana Pacers have an amazing bounce-back season, going from Worst to Best, Gilbert Arenas has a monster rookie season winning all ROY, WCPY, and MVP (over Kobe and Dirk). And the biggest trade that happened was the Aces traded Gary Trent (who they acquired on draft day) for a 2004 2nd Round Pick, and Ray Allen, which down the road the Pacers will heavily regret.

Last edited:
2002 NBA Playoffs
2002 NBA Playoffs.png

Eastern Conference Finals: Indiana Pacers v.s. Chicago Bulls

Game 1: Bulls win 72-66
Mobley drops 13 in a Game 1 Away Victory

Game 2: Bulls win 70-65
A close game, as Hedo, scores 18

Game 3: Bulls win 78-71
Hedo and Andrei combine for 36, as the Bulls take a 3-0 Lead

Game 4: Bulls win 70-59
Hedo has his 3rd Straight-18 Point Game and Sends Chicago to the Finals for the 1st Time since 1997

Western Conference Finals: New Orleans Blues v.s. Minnesota Timberwolves (Hopefully this one doesn't have controversy)

Game 1: Blues win 81-67
An easy game, as Van Horn and Pierce combine for 37 to take a road win

Game 2: Blues win 91-78
Another easy win, as Van Horn and Pierce combine for a legend 53 Points

Game 3: Timberwolves win 75-74
A very close game, as Stevenson, scores 19

Game 4: Timberwolves win 101-80
A blowout game, as Minnesota, ties the series heading back home

Game 5: Blues win 91-89
A very decisive game, as Paul Pierce, steals what could have been a Game winner from Quentin Richardson.

Game 6: Timberwolves win 73-71
Another very decisive game, as Minnesota, ties the series. Game 7 in Minnesota

Timberwolves win 75-73
Richardson and Stevenson lead the way, as Minnesota heads back to the NBA Finals

2002 NBA Finals: Minnesota Timberwolves v.s. Chicago Bulls

Game 1: Bulls win 69-66
A nailbiter, as Hedo steals a possession for Minnesota to win

Game 2: Timberwolves win 74-60
An easy win for the T-Wolves at home

Game 3: Bulls 87-70
Hedo scores 24 in an easy win for Chicago

Game 4: Bulls win 81-76
The Timberwolves fall short in a comeback, and the Bulls have a chance to end it at home.

Game 5: Timberwolves win 90-70
Baron Davis scores 26 in an easy win for Minnesota

Game 6: Timberwolves win 80-78
This one comes to the wire, as Minnesota Pulls out the Win. Game 7 In Chicago

Timberwolves win 83-76
Stevenson, Richardson, and Davis combine for 49, as Minnesota claims their very 1st Title
2002 NBA Champions: Minnesota Timberwolves (1st Title)
2002 Finals MVP: Baron Davis

2002 NBA Offseason/Draft Lottery
Vlade Divac, Mark Jackson, Charles Oakley, Danny Manning, John Starks, Jalen Rose, Dikembe Mutombo, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, and Hakeem Olajuwon retire
HOF Class of 2002- Harlem Globetrotters, Larry Brown, Larry Nance, Lute Olson, Drazen Petrovic, Sandra Kay Yow
Hakeem Olajuwon to be HOF Class of 2008
Hornets Complete 2 Year move to Raliegh, re-name to Carolina Hornets
Spurs move into SBC Center
Lakers announce new white and gold jerseys for 9 Regular Season Games, in honor of late broadcaster Chick Hearn (#9 Represents the number of titles the Lakers won while Hearn was around)

Welcome to the 2002 Draft Lottery here on TNT. Let's not waste any time and go to Deputy Commissioner Russ Granik

The 14th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Seattle SuperSonics (via Houston)

The 13th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Phoenix Suns

The 12th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Philadelphia 76'ers

The 11th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Atlanta Hawks

Everything going to plan so far

The 10th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Washington Wizards

The 9th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Seattle SuperSonics

The 8th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The San Antonio Spurs

The 7th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The New Jersey Nets

The 6th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Carolina Hornets

This means the SuperSonics have jumped into the Top 4

The 5th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Dallas Mavericks

That means Boston will join Seattle, Toronto, and Las Vegas in the Top 4

The 4th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Toronto Raptors

The 3rd Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Boston Celtics

The 2nd Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Seattle SuperSonics (via L.A. Clippers)

And that means the 1st Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft will belong to: The Las Vegas Aces

Last edited:
2002 NBA Draft
June 26, 2002: Madison Square Garden

Welcome to TNT Coverage of the 2002 NBA Draft. As always, let's not waste any time and go to Commissioner David Stern

With the 1st Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Las Vegas Aces select Yao Ming, Center from China

With the 2nd Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Seattle SuperSonics select Darren Bailey, Point Guard from Oklahoma

With the 3rd Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Amar'e Stoudamire, Power Foward from Cypress Creek High School

With the 4th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Toronto Raptors select Greg Minor Jr., Shooting Guard from Virginia Tech

With the 5th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Dallas Mavericks select Harvey Lloyd, Small Foward from Indiana State

With the 6th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Carolina Hornets select Leon Anthony, Small Foward from Florida

With the 7th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select Alex Williams, Power Foward from Duke

With the 8th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select Jay Williams, Point Guard from Duke

With the 9th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Seattle SuperSonics select Vince Vincent, Small Foward from Missouri State

With the 10th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Washington Wizards select Caron Butler, Small Foward from Connecticut

Other Notable Picks (Yes I will do Full First Round for 2003)

With the 12th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76'ers select Nene, Power Foward from Brazil

With the 34th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select Drew Gooden, Power Foward from Kansas

With the 44th Pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons select Carlos Boozer, Power Foward from Duke

2002 NBA Free Agency
Vince Carter DEN-DEN
Dirk Nowitzki DEN-DEN
Isaiah Rider ATL-DAL
Paul Pierce NOB-NOB
Jerry Stackhouse GSW-CHI
Jermaine O' Neal CHI-TOR
Stephon Marbury LAL-LAL
Mike Bibby GSW-GSW
Juwan Howard ATL-CLE
Antawn Jamison DAL-SAS
Tracy McGrady HOU-HOU
Reggie Miller NOB-GSW
Penny Hardaway ORL-ORL
Dell Warren LVA-LVA
Peja Stojakovic SAC-DAL
Grant Hill DAL-PHI
Jim Jackson DEN-NOB
Mitchell Stevenson MIN-ATL

5-Year Update
(Updating everything in the last 5-Years)

MVP:
1998- Karl Malone (II)
1999- Alonzo Mourning (I)
2000- Shaquille O' Neal (I)
2001- Kevin Garnett (I)
2002- Gilbert Arenas (I)

ROY:
1998- Tim Duncan
1999- Antawn Jamison
2000- Baron Davis
2001- Hedo Turkoglu
2002- Gilbert Arenas

DPOY:
1998- Shaquille O' Neal (I)
2000- Alonzo Mourning (II)
2001- Shaquille O' Neal (II)
2002- Shaquille O' Neal (III; Became Player with Most DPOY Awards)

6MOY:
1998- Toni Kukoc (II)
1999- Chris Mills (I)
2000- Fred Sharp (I)
2001 - Sam Cassell (I)
2002- Ron Mercer (I)

MIP:
1998- Alan Henderson
1999- Kobe Bryant
2000- Chip Justice
2001- Lamar Odom
2002- Issac Barkley

ECPY:
2000- Alonzo Mourning (II; Currently All-Time Leader in ECPY's won)
2001- Kevin Garnett (I)
2002- Kobe Bryant (I)

WCPY:
1999- Keith Van Horn

2000- Shaquille O' Neal
2001- Tim Duncan
2002- Gilbert Arenas

NBA Champs:
1998- Milwaukee Bucks (II)
1999- Los Angeles Lakers (XII)
2000- San Antonio Spurs (I)
2001- Milwaukee Bucks (III)
2002- Minnesota Timberwolves (I)

Most Titles by Franchise:
Boston Celtics (XVI; 16)
Los Angels Lakers (XII; 12)
Chicago Bulls (V; 5)
Philadelphia 76'ers (III; 3)
Golden State Warriors (III; 3)
Milwaukee Bucks (III; 3)

Expansion:
1998- New Orleans Blues added as 30th Team
2001- Vancouver Grizzlies move to Las Vegas; become the Aces, and the Charlotte Hornets moved to Raleigh; keep Charlotte name
2002- Charlotte Hornets (playing in Raliegh) re-name to Carolina Hornets

Note: 2002-03 Season is coming out soon! Also, should we add new expansion Teams?

Personally, I would have called the New Orleans expansion team the Swing (since the NHL already has a team called the Blues). Also, I’d like to see the SuperSonics stay in Seattle ITTL.

In terms of expansion teams, here are some ideas for cities and names:
- OKC: Thunder
- Memphis: Bobcats - there are a fair amount of bobcats in the area, from what I’ve heard
- Vancouver: a revived Grizzlies franchise (a la OTL’s Charlotte Hornets)
- Louisville: ideally, have the NBA acquire the rights to the Colonels name
- St. Louis: Spirits (after the old ABA team), Gatekeepers (after the Gateway Arch), or Swing
- Montreal: Harfangs (French for grey owls, the provincial bird of Quebec), Hiboux (Owls), Maroons, Majestics, or Monarchs
(I also have ideas for names for Kansas City, San Diego, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Austin, Virginia, and San Jose. PM me if you’re interested :))

Of course, you wouldn’t want to add all those teams at once. Best to add them 2 at a time IMO.

Personally, I would have called the New Orleans expansion team the Swing (since the NHL already has a team called the Blues). Also, I’d like to see the SuperSonics stay in Seattle ITTL.

In terms of expansion teams, here are some ideas for cities and names:
- OKC: Thunder
- Memphis: Bobcats - there are a fair amount of bobcats in the area, from what I’ve heard
- Vancouver: a revived Grizzlies franchise (a la OTL’s Charlotte Hornets)
- Louisville: ideally, have the NBA acquire the rights to the Colonels name
- St. Louis: Spirits (after the old ABA team), Gatekeepers (after the Gateway Arch), or Swing
- Montreal: Harfangs (French for grey owls, the provincial bird of Quebec), Hiboux (Owls), Maroons, Majestics, or Monarchs
(I also have ideas for names for Kansas City, San Diego, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Austin, Virginia, and San Jose. PM me if you’re interested :))

Of course, you wouldn’t want to add all those teams at once. Best to add them 2 at a time IMO.
I did think about naming them the Swing, and I probably will re-name them in the future, but for now, only since they are an expansion ill keep them as they are (ill probably re-name them when they have to go to OKC for Hurricane Katrina)
The Seattle thing I'm gonna do a poll probably after the 05-06 Season (shortly after Howard Schultz sold them)
And WOW that is a lot of good ideas. I'll take them into consideration

2003 All-Star Break (in Atlanta)

Three Point Contest: Peja Stojakovic

Eastern Conference Starters:

G - Kobe Bryant (5th All-Star Game)
G- Jerry Stackhouse (4th All-Star Game)
C- Elton Brand (4th All-Star Game)
F- Shareef Abdur-Rahim (4th All-Star Game)
F- Jermaine O' Neal (1st All-Star Game)

Eastern Conference Reserves:
Tony Parker
Hedo Turkoglu
Guy Outlaw
Lu Lue
Alonzo Mourning
Bryan Moore
Chris Hawkins

Western Conference Starters:
G- Isaiah Rider (3rd All-Star Game)
G- Vince Carter (2nd All-Star Game)
C- Dirk Nowitzki (4th All-Star Game)
F- Tim Duncan (6th All-Star Game)
F- Keith Van Horn (2nd All-Star Game)

Western Conference Reserves:
Paul Pierce
Shaquille O' Neal
Baron Davis
Gilbert Arenas
Kenyon Martin
Ron Mercer
Stephon Marbury

All-Star Game MVP: Tim Duncan

2002-03 NBA Season

MVP- Kobe Bryant (1st MVP)
ROY- Jay Williams
6MOY- Jason Richardson (1st 6MOY)
DPOY- Shaquille O' Neal (4th DPOY)
MIP- Kenyon Martin
ECPY- Kobe Bryant
WCPY- Gilbert Arenas
All-NBA First Team:
Kobe Bryant
Gilbert Arenas
Kenyon Martin
Tim Duncan
Elton Brand

The story in the East is the incredible improvement of the Carolina Hornets, who have a league-best 54 Wins behind amazing play from Jason Kidd, Lu Lue, and Elton Brand. But other than them and the MVP Kobe-led Milwaukee Bucks, pretty Weak Eastern Conference (also the Cavs finished 11th so maybe???). The story in the West is not much. The Rockets get 53 Wins, and the Blues get 51, but the two (along with Milwaukee and Carolina) are the only 4 Teams to crack 50 Wins. Overall, the NBA is very weak this year

For Transactions, the Aces hired a new coach, and the 76'ers trade Robert Horry and Hubert Davis to Denver for Sidney Reece and Walt Lawson (although this doesn't work out as Horry gets injured, and the Sixers are still the worst team in the league because Allen Iverson isn't going to practice)

Western Conference Standings:
Houston Rockets 53-29
New Orleans Blues 51-31
Dallas Mavericks 49-33
Utah Jazz 47-35
Denver Nuggets 47-35
San Antonio Spurs 45-37
Sacramento Kings 43-39
Golden State Warriors 43-39

Eastern Conference Standings:
Carolina Hornets 54-28
Milwaukee Bucks 53-29
Detroit Pistons 48-34
Chicago Bulls 46-36
Washington Wizards 44-38
Indiana Pacers 44-38
Atlanta Hawks 43-39
Orlando Magic 43-39

2003 NBA Playoffs

Rockets 4-3 Warriors
Jazz 4-0 Nuggets
Mavericks 4-3 Spurs
Blues 4-2 Kings

Hornets 4-1 Magic
Bulls 4-0 Wizards
Pacers 4-1 Pistons
Hawks 4-1 Bucks

Jazz 4-3 Rockets
Blues 4-0 Mavericks

Hornets 4-1 Bulls
Hawks 4-2 Pacers

2003 Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina Hornets v.s. Atlanta Hawks

Game 1: Hornets win 82-57
Elton Brand has 20pt, 10 rebounds Double-Double to give Carolina a win

Game 2: Hornets win 73-63
Brand plays 42 Minutes with 19pts to get the Hornets the W

Game 3: Hawks win 84-83
A close game as Stevenson drops 20

Game 4: Hornets win 93-83
Lu Lue has 20 to take a 3-1 Series Lead

Game 5: Hornets win 69-67
Brand scores 21, sending the Hornets to their First-ever NBA Finals

2003 Western Conference Finals: New Orleans Blues v.s. Utah Jazz

Game 1: Jazz win 79-58
Gilbert Arenas 31 Points, near Triple-Double, is enough for a Jazz Road Win

Game 2: Blues win 80-76
Rookie Lyle White has 13pt Double-Double to tie up the series

Game 3: Jazz win 88-54
A blowout win behind 31 from Gilbert Arenas

Game 4: Jazz win 78-73
Arenas scores 26 in a Jazz win

Game 5: Jazz win 79-77
32 from Paul Pierce isn't enough, and the Jazz make the Finals for the first time since 1997

2003 NBA Finals: Utah Jazz v.s. Carolina Hornets

Game 1: Jazz win 88-73
Gilbert Arenas scores 39

Game 2: Jazz win 93-70
Arenas scores 18 in a Jazz win

Game 3: Jazz win 81-69
Arenas dominates again; Jazz take 3-0 Series Lead

Game 4: Jazz win 80-75
Gilbert Arenas scores 36, to win the Jazz their First NBA title

2003 NBA Champions: Utah Jazz (1st NBA Title)
2003 Finals MVP: Gilbert Arenas

2003 NBA Offseason

Clyde Drexler, Tim Hardaway, Scottie Pippen, Sean Elliot, David Robinson, Dennis Scott, and Toni Kukoc retire
Robinson, Pippen, and Drexler will be HOF Class of 2009
HOF Class of 2003- Leon Barmore, Chick Hearn, Earl Lloyd, Meadowlark Lemon, Dino Meneghin, Robert Parish, James Worthy, and Walter Davis
Draft Lottery is basically abolished; will go back to 1984 System
Houston Rockets move into Toyota Center

2003 Coin Flip

Out of Order Team (Suns) v.s. Worst Team (76'ers)

The Coin Flips........Suns. And that means Phoenix will get the #1 Pick

2003 NBA Draft
Madison Square Garden

Dare we say any more, as the future of the league will be decided tonight!

With the 1st Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Phoenix Suns select LeBron James, Small Foward from St. Vincent-St. Mary HS

With the 2nd Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76'ers select Dwyane Wade, Shooting Guard from Marquette

With the 3rd Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Orlando Magic select Carmelo Anthony, Small Foward from Syracuse

With the 4th Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Clippers select Chris Bosh, Power Foward from Georgia Tech

With the 5th Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Seattle SuperSonics select Mo Williams, Point Guard from Alabama

With the 6th Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Toronto Raptors select Leandro Barbosa, Shooting Guard from Brazil

With the 7th Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select Josh Howard, Small Foward from Wake Forest

With the 8th Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select Kyle Korver, Shooting Guard from Crieghton

We have a trade to announce: The Boston Celtics are trading the 9th Overall Pick, a 2007 2nd-Round Pick, and Lorenzen Wright to the Golden State Warriors for Mike Bibby

With the 9th Pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, the Golden State Warriors select Zaza Pachulia, Center from the Country of Georgia

2003 NBA Free Agency
Donyell Marshall CHI-CHI
Richard Hamilton BOS-BOS
Shawn Marion GSW-GSW
Baron Davis MIN-TOR
Corey Maggette TOR-LAC
Antoine Walker PHO-LVA
Tim Duncan POR-POR
Gary Payton HOU-HOU
Ray Allen LVA-LVA
Peja Stojakovic DAL-DAL
*Note: Elton Brand, Steve Francis, and Rashard Lewis are Free Agents at the beginning of the Season*

Last edited:
2004 All-Star Game
Los Angeles, California

Eastern Conference Starters:
G- Kobe Bryant (6th All-Star Game)
G- Stephen Jackson (1st All-Star Game)
C- Pau Gasol (1st All-Star Game)
F- Jermaine O' Neal (2nd All-Star Game)
F- Jerry Stackhouse (5th All-Star Game)

Eastern Conference Reserves:
Bryan Moore
Lu Lue