What if The Iron Giant and Osmosis Jones wasn't failed in box office?

The Iron Giant, is an one of the Warner Bros. Pictures famous animated cartoons, won the best picture award. How can I tell you this, if this film hadn't failed, then released the series in the early 2000s, for single or two seasons. Here is about Osmosis Jones too, for me quite to taste, well... ...if that cartoon had box office receipts of more than 14 million, then there would be a merchandising, video game and sequel. What do you think about this option?

Last edited:
The Iron Giant if memory serves suffered from a lack of promotion and at the time the companies involved with both films were starting to scale back their animation studios. Had they done better if would have kept hand drawn animated movies going for longer even as CGI started to become a power house.

Orangecar

Banned
Perhaps Katzenburg never leaves Disney meaning less CG competition outside of Pixar which will give more space for 2d films to be successful

The Iron Giant if memory serves suffered from a lack of promotion and at the time the companies involved with both films were starting to scale back their animation studios. Had they done better if would have kept hand drawn animated movies going for longer even as CGI started to become a power house.

But what about Osmosis Jones, if never takes a box office bomb too?

But what about Osmosis Jones, if never takes a box office bomb too?
Need more promotion too, i didn't even knew ozzie and drix have a movie till later on, i thought was just a cartoon. And maybe a better human characther..or better no human characther at all, keep him/her ambigous, like cell at work...unless you want to make osmosis jones more like cells at work black, an aesop about taking better care your own health.

Need more promotion too, i didn't even knew ozzie and drix have a movie till later on, i thought was just a cartoon. And maybe a better human characther..or better no human characther at all, keep him/her ambigous, like cell at work...unless you want to make osmosis jones more like cells at work black, an aesop about taking better care your own health.

But cells like in cartoons can be in the form of people, this is an anthropomorphic species. In reality, cells and microbes were not able to act so immediately with the help of voice and purpose, and they had to animate everything at once for the live/action film.

But what about the box office, look closely at this link?

But cells like in cartoons can be in the form of people, this is an anthropomorphic species. In reality, cells and microbes were not able to act so immediately with the help of voice and purpose, and they had to animate everything at once for the live/action film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis_Jones#Reception The consensus is that...people liked the animated scene and VA but hated the live action segment(doens't matter was the popular bill murray) and the grossout humor..maybe Osmosis Jones is a fool's errand, as would not be better an acclaimed flop anyway

Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis_Jones#Reception The consencus is that...people liked the animated scene and VA but hated the live action segment(doens't matter was the popular bill murray) and the grossout humor..maybe Osmosis Jones is a fool's errand, as would not be better an acclaimed flop anyway

Well, I wanted to ask what merchandising should have existed for this. I was hoping that there would be a toys, a video game, and even a sequel... By the way. And I also understood why they are not, problems from the love of the film and the box office.

Well, I wanted to ask what merchandising should have existed for this. I was hoping that there would be a toys, a video game, and even a sequel... By the way. And I also understood why they are not, problems from the love of the film and the box office.
The main issue was the lack of a focus, wanted to be more matured for teens but that backfire with families with kids...there a reason why the cartoon is more popular, at least kids and family cared about it, you need to solve those issues if you want osmosis jones to be popular.

Vs the Hardwork to fix Osmosis jones, the iron giant is easy...better promotion and a less crowed release date would have do wonder for the film

The main issue was the lack of a focus, wanted to be more matured for teens but that backfire with families with kids...there a reason why the cartoon is more popular, at least kids and family cared about it, you need to solve those issues if you want osmosis jones to be popular.

Vs the Hardwork to fix Osmosis jones, the iron giant is easy...better promotion and a less crowed release date would have do wonder for the film

Then it would have changed their date of the premiere. Kids should love Osmosis Jones too, as The Iron Giant.

Last edited: