What if the Indo-Greek Kingdom Survived

OTL the Indo-Greek kingdom ended in the 10 A.D In this alternate Timeline that doesnt happen and the Indo-Greek Kingdom survives.
It would have conquered northern india.
Because the Indo-Greek kingdom survived the culture of northern india would be a mix of greek and indian culture and since the arabs still exist and conquer the area of OTL pakistan there would be dialects of greek written in the arabic and sanskrit script and zoroastrians would become a large religious minority in the Indo-Greek Kingdom.
A lot of the land would have been hellenized and would have a lot of greek settlements which would expand greek culture even further.

I also have a map for this scenario

Indo greek kingdom Survives Map.png

Indo greeks most likely will beat back the Arabs so that they do not occupy Sindh, Western Punjab and Afghania as these would be the gatway to India from which future invasions can be launched

OTL the Indo-Greek kingdom ended in the 10 A.D In this alternate Timeline that doesnt happen and the Indo-Greek Kingdom survives.
Because the Indo-Greek kingdom survived the culture of northern india would be a mix of greek and indian culture and since the arabs still exist and conquer the area of OTL pakistan there would be dialects of greek written in the arabic and sanskrit script and zoroastrians would become a large religious minority in the Indo-Greek Kingdom.
A lot of the land would have been hellenized and would have a lot of greek settlements which would expand greek culture even further.

View attachment 559962
OOOOH! Cool.
A Hellenic India? Intresting. So the Zoroastrians flee to india, far from the Caliphate. I imagine that the Creation of this kingdom would probably have something to do with a Indo-Greek Prince inspired by Alexander's conquests and want to make a name for him self. The Resulting kingdom would be... weird. as you described. I imagine that the 'Hellenic' culture would probably be corrupted by the various Indian cultures.

However, the real question is... Does Christianity have a factor in this?

OOOOH! Cool.
A Hellenic India? Intresting. So the Zoroastrians flee to india, far from the Caliphate. I imagine that the Creation of this kingdom would probably have something to do with a Indo-Greek Prince inspired by Alexander's conquests and want to make a name for him self. The Resulting kingdom would be... weird. as you described. I imagine that the 'Hellenic' culture would probably be corrupted by the various Indian cultures.

I imagine they would at least be detached from the christianity in europe and most likely would remain Pagan because there wouldn't be too much incentive too unless trade with the Romans converted them

How do you have anything recognisable as a Caliphate if your divergence is in the first century CE?

Also, without (or with) a steady flow of Greek settlers from... somewhere... assimilation is going to be the name of the game for these Hellenistic migrants just as much as every other culture who invaded North India.

I imagine that the 'Hellenic' culture would probably be corrupted by the various Indian cultures.

Concerning use of "corrupted" aside, I think this is broadly correct. The latter Indo-Greeks had a pretty vibrant cultural exchange ongoing with India - but they were few on the ground and their assimilation was inevitable.

I imagine they would at least be detached from the christianity in europe and most likely would remain Pagan because there wouldn't be too much incentive too unless trade with the Romans converted them

This presupposes the existence of Christianity.

More probably, if a dynasty descended from the Indo-Greeks somehow takes over the whole Indo-Gangetic plain they will adopt land patronize local religious practice out of necessity. Meaning basically Buddhism and Hinduism.

Mostly southern india, but if there was a powerful northern Hellenic state, I imagine the Hellenic tradesmen *Might* spread it.

View attachment 559962
Sorry, What is the current map date?

How do you have anything recognisable as a Caliphate if your divergence is in the first century CE?

Also, without (or with) a steady flow of Greek settlers from... somewhere... assimilation is going to be the name of the game for these Hellenistic migrants just as much as every other culture who invaded North India.

Concerning use of "corrupted" aside, I think this is broadly correct. The latter Indo-Greeks had a pretty vibrant cultural exchange ongoing with India - but they were few on the ground and their assimilation was inevitable.

More probably, if a dynasty descended from the Indo-Greeks somehow takes over the whole Indo-Gangetic plain they will adopt land patronize local religious practice out of necessity. Meaning basically Buddhism and Hinduism.
So this dominant Indo-Greek kingdom would have to be exclusive, like the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal_Empire if it were to be able to keep it's faith. However, the Greeks were very broad and open to foreign gods, so Imagine that they would be assimilated, as you have suggested.

Appart form that, The Sassnid Empire would SERIOUSLY have a problem with this empire, I imagine

religiously, i think of course theyre going to get subsumed into hinduism and buddhism- but the greek influence would be maintained in terms of temple architecture, of which there wasnt much in stone at the time in India and optimistically get the greek epics translated into sanskrit and have them become a part of puranic hinduism so that deities recognisably being hindu versions of greek ones have large followings in some sects of hinduism.

You could see a Greek and Hindu Fusion and we could see many Greek gods Indianised and Sanskritized

Also, I really dont see how Arabs Conquer the Kabul Shahi, they were Conquered and Converted by Mahamud of Ghazni, as such we Definitely would have seen Indic Based Kingdoms in Western Punjab and Afghanistan. Also remember, Indians once united were actually able to beat the Arabs, A United India would do it much easier and as Ummyad Caliphate would only extent till Western Afghanistan and Central Asia, not in Indian Subcontinent

The rulers of the Indo-Greek kingdom that we got both assimilated and converted to Buddhism, as did the Kushans. As interesting as the kingdom or kingdoms were, there is no reason for them to last longer or have more of an impact than the Kushans did. They certainly would have been gone by the seventh century, a thousand years is too long a time for an ancient state to last.

The rulers of the Indo-Greek kingdom that we got both assimilated and converted to Buddhism, as did the Kushans. As interesting as the kingdom or kingdoms were, there is no reason for them to last longer or have more of an impact than the Kushans did. They certainly would have been gone by the seventh century, a thousand years is too long a time for an ancient state to last.

Its 730 A.D in my map

The date of the map is 730 A.D so the sassanian empires and the caliphate still exists

OOOOH! Cool.

No. The Indo-Greek Kingdom is still buddsist