What if Henry VIII's children by his first three wives had had children/gotten married?

Best solution for this is for the rough wooing to succeed and Mary QoS growing up English rather than French. It might even prevent her from growing into a beautiful fool.
She'd always be beautiful no matter where she was raised, but perhaps in England she'd learn to be shrewder (look at IOTL's Elizabeth I)...

I'm going off of OP's family tree. Carlos married and had one surviving daughter.
They actually have two children, Maria Manuela and Felipe Prospero, but I understand why you'd miss him XD I should have put more spaces in between Felipe's children with Margaret and Carlos' children with Elisabeth. So If Carlos still died young, little Felipe Prospero would become his grandfathers heir, at least assuming he survives him

They actually have two children, Maria Manuela and Felipe Prospero, but I understand why you'd miss him XD I should have put more spaces in between Felipe's children with Margaret and Carlos' children with Elisabeth. So If Carlos still died young, little Felipe Prospero would become his grandfathers heir, at least assuming he survives him
this also leaves Elisabeth of Valois a widow at age 23, so she could still marry someone else, as her children would be raised by her father in law, so there is no need for her to stay unmarried for too long

Three years older is not so bad especially as they would probably marry when he was around 14/15. Her mother only started having children at 23 and she had 15 children easily so therefore Eleanor could probably do likewise especially if she started younger.

Let's say like this:

Edward VI b. 1537 m. 1553 Eleanor of Austria b. 1534

1. Edward VII b. 1554 m. Margaret of Valois b. 1553
2. Jane b. 1555 m. Sebastian of Portugal b. 1554
3. miscarriage
4. Agnes [1] b. 1557 m. Rudolf II b. 1552
5. Henry b. 1558 d. 1558
6. miscarriage
7. Margaret b. 1560 m. Francis of Anjou b. 1555
8. miscarriage
9. Henry b. 1563 d. 1566

[1] Named for the saint
[2] Named
would it be possible for Eleanor to have another pregnancy or two after 1563? She's only 29 by this point, although it's possible her many pregnancies make it harder to have a last few babies. Maybe a son named Edmund/Arthur born in 1566, and another daughter named Eleanor/Elizabeth born in 1568/69?

It seems that a popular choice for Edward is Mary Queen of Scots. But idk if her mother would have agreed to such a match, ever. She was French and catholic, and a marriage with England, while good for Edward, wouldn't have necessarily looked as good for Mary, given the two countries historical animosity. I think it's likely she marries Francis Ii, who still dies in 1560, and that she remarries to Lord Darnley. My only hope is that her second husband act better than he did iotl. Currently, I have her having three children with him, James b. 1566, Alexander, b. 1569, and Margaret, b. 1571. Idk if a divorce with Darnley is possible since they are catholic, but would it be necessary? He certainly wasn't a very good husband, but would he mellow out with age, or always be a nuisance?

would it be possible for Eleanor to have another pregnancy or two after 1563? She's only 29 by this point, although it's possible her many pregnancies make it harder to have a last few babies. Maybe a son named Edmund/Arthur born in 1566, and another daughter named Eleanor/Elizabeth born in 1568/69?
She probably could, I just couldn't think of matches for those kids

I'm going off of OP's family tree. Carlos married and had one surviving daughter.
Any child of Carlos would be heir of the Spanish realms ahead of Carlos’ half-brothers

It seems that a popular choice for Edward is Mary Queen of Scots. But idk if her mother would have agreed to such a match, ever. She was French and catholic, and a marriage with England, while good for Edward, wouldn't have necessarily looked as good for Mary, given the two countries historical animosity. I think it's likely she marries Francis Ii, who still dies in 1560, and that she remarries to Lord Darnley. My only hope is that her second husband act better than he did iotl. Currently, I have her having three children with him, James b. 1566, Alexander, b. 1569, and Margaret, b. 1571. Idk if a divorce with Darnley is possible since they are catholic, but would it be necessary? He certainly wasn't a very good husband, but would he mellow out with age, or always be a nuisance?
Mary MUST NOT marry Darnley, who is an hopeless case. And if you want marry Elisabeth to don Carlos, then Mary Stuart is the only realistic choice for Edward

yes, because that daughter would be the indisputable rightful heiress of both Castile and Portugal (Sebastian having children is pretty ASB) and Aragon would likely follow the others as already Juana had been the (titular) Queen regnant there
Juana and Petronilla.
Naples would follow Aragon.
Netherlands had no problem with female succession.
What about Milan?

Juana and Petronilla.
Naples would follow Aragon.
Netherlands had no problem with female succession.
What about Milan?
True.
But, when the male Sforza line died out, Emperor Charles V took Milan as a vacant imperial state. While there was still at least one legitimate female Sforza (namely Bona Sforza, who married Sigismund I).
In such scenario Milan and Netherlands will be likely assigned by Philip II to his younger sons Or if Carlos’ daughter can not have Milan, then her half-uncle would get it as Philip II’s male line is not extinct.
Bona Sforza in any case was NOT a legitimate descendant of Ludovico, who was the one who received the imperial investiture so her rights to the duchy were not guaranteed by the Emperor (unlike the ones of Ludovico‘s sons by Beatrice)

Last edited:
In such scenario Milan and Netherlands will be likely assigned by Philip II to his younger sons Or if Carlos’ daughter can not have Milan, then her half-uncle would get it as Philip II’s male line is not extinct.
And what if Philip II has no surviving younger son ?

Bona Sforza was descended from a bastard...
As all the Sforza dukes of Milan.
The founders of the Sforza line of dukes of Milan, Francesco Sforza and Bianca Maria Visconti, were both bastards.
But Bona was their descendant in legitimate line.

neither him or their father had ever imperial recognition
I did not know that.
So, who was the last duke of Milan, before Ludovico, to receive imperial investiture ?
Some Visconti duke ?