What if Goldwater was Jewish?

Much has been said of Goldwater's Jewish heritage. I read on wikipedia that his father was jewish, but that he married his wife in a Episcopalian ceremony. But what if he was raised in accordance with his paternal family's beliefs?

Would he still be conservative or at least moderate? Would he chose and an MOS that would send him against Adolf? Could he end up in Israel?

your mother needs to be Jewish for you to be born a Jew, his mom fun fact was related to Roger Williams, any ways for Barry to be a Jew his mother would of had to become Jewish, which I'm guessing the WASP wasn't willing to do in OTL.

pnyckqx

Banned
Much has been said of Goldwater's Jewish heritage. I read on wikipedia that his father was jewish, but that he married his wife in a Episcopalian ceremony. But what if he was raised in accordance with his paternal family's beliefs?

Would he still be conservative or at least moderate? Would he chose and an MOS that would send him against Adolf? Could he end up in Israel?
If he has the same genetics, Goldwater is going to be Goldwater. His personality, inclinations, and aptitudes will be the same.

He's going to still be into technology to the point of being a prodigy in electronics, and still have a love for flying that would keep him where he was assigned while in the military.

Although he titled his book Conscience of a Conservative, Goldwater's views would today be seen as more Libertarian than Conservative Republican. Goldwater was a fiscal conservative, but a social moderate.

i can't see an embrace of his Jewish heritage changing any of that.

Although his surname was a Jewish, Barry is not a Jewish. To be considered a Jewish, your mother should be a Jewish but in Barry's case, his mother is not one of them although his father is a Jewish decent. Therefore, Barry Goldwater is not a Jewish.

There are some butterflies, had his mother a Jewish, Barry Goldwater might not be a politician, let alone of be a GOP nominee. Barry Goldwater may just an ordinary citizen in Arizona.