What if Germans won WW1?

One of the consequences of German victory in WW1 is instead of American culture dominates the globe, we have a German. German language becomes global language and German folk songs popular around the world and not jazz or swing.

see some examples

I don't care for his videos. His takes on scenario are ridiculous.

One of the consequences of German victory in WW1 is instead of American culture dominates the globe, we have a German. German language becomes global language and German folk songs popular around the world and not jazz or swing.

i find Cody videos Scenarios quite more entertaining, as the "Music videos" samples nik2016 posted ... (the horror, the horror...)
We have more rich and multiplicity Music culture as depicted in nik2016 post, see end of post for more on that

Back to Topic
There several scenarios how German Empire would have won WW1
Fact is Germany under Wilhelm II and Wilhelm III would be Dominant power in Europe
in Terms of Military, Economics, Technology and Culture (Hollywood vs Babelsberg)
but Germany can become a Dominant power in World depends on Wilhelm III and his sons reaction in future Word war
between German Empire and there enemies (France USSR Japan or other) in 1940s
And if they not make same mistakes as that "Little Annoying Austrian" in our time line...

About German Music
yes we love jazz since 1920s so much that "Little Annoying Austrian" forbid it, with little success...

Next to that we invented new genres like electronic...

And new way of Rock music, that some British critic labels it as Krautrock..

And those men, don't be afraid of them, they just want to play...

For a start the world avoids about 3 1/2 years of war as the only realistic way Germany is winning is right at the start - ie it defeats France early on - and wins before Britain can get too involved ie build up its army and war industries

As for the aftermath - France will lose territory as will Russia

Italy will not likely be involved on either side as the whole show ends before they can choose sides

Britain probably suffers a change in Government and normalises trading with Germany within years.

Any German Colonies taken by the British are likely returned at the end of hostilities

As for German becoming the Lingua Franca of the world - unless the British Empire collapses overnight and the USA does not dominate the later half of the 20C then I do not see it spreading much more than it has today other than more prevalent in some of the German Colonies.

Germany always struck me as a Euro Centric Power as opposed to a Global one.

The game Kaiserreich says that a consequence of a German victory is that British Empire collapse and Britain became Red

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The union of Britain would never happen im pretty sure kasiereich is not meant to be realistic its a very well done and well polished mod but its not that realistic

Last edited:

Greenville

Banned
I'll attempt this. The United States enters World War I, but never sends ground forces to Europe. Germany may attempt to capture Paris with spring offensive but may exhaust itself in the attempt. 1918 still ends in armistice between Germany, France, and Britain. Any colonies taken by each power are returned. Germany keeps territory gained from Russia. The Kaiser may remain in power, but his authority is greatly reduced by reformed constitution maintaining him as a ceremonial leader instead. More power goes to the elected parliament.

Each of the three powers eventually sends troops to fight the Bolshevik uprising in the Soviet Union. With more support, it may tip support in favor of the White Army, but the Soviet Union still rises out of the fighting which has to be accepted by its neighbors. Germany consolidates its gains in eastern Europe by further exploiting and colonizing it. There probably ethnic tensions between slave and Germanic peoples which create rioting and violent clashes during the 1920s. Germany's economy however eventually begins to rebuild and recover. Trade between France and Britain with Germany is restored within a few years. As before the Great Depression occurs nevertheless. The economies of Europe including Germany are still demolished. The ineffectiveness of the German government to handle this situation leads to civil unrest in German areas and those annexed after World War I. The state becomes more authoritarian and cracks down. The state is not as unstable as OTL however though.

Fascist revolution takes place in Italy. Many urge the same type of movement in Germany or support communism instead and become significant political parties. War breaks, out, between, the United States, Britain, and Japan. Germany manages to remain nuetral regarding, its colonies in the Pacific. However, by the 1940s, Germany weathers the economic depression and stays intact as a nation. America becomes the world's leading economy after victory in the Pacific War. Trade with the United States brings increased economic activity in Germany.

Later in the 20th century, the colonies of Germany move towards independence, it remains itself a normal power in Europe.

So... Kaiser Pact instead of Warsaw Pact, USSR at partial strength, German Jewish jazz ascendant,

(funny, my wife overhears and says, "that's my kind of music," interesting)

(further regarding German jazz culture)

https://www.thejc.com/culture/music/when-jazz-sounds-jewish-1.430479
...Hersch cites the example of Blue Note Records, the seminal label founded by German-Jewish refugees in 1939, “which put out some of the best jazz recordings that have stood the test of time.”

Pressed to choose just one song that best symbolises the contributions of Jews to jazz, Hersch doesn’t hesitate. “One thing that kept popping up over and over is [circa 1932 Yiddish standard] Bei Mir Bist du Schoen,” Hersch says. “It’s a Yiddish song written by Sholem Secunda...

I think Secunda had an astonishing life story that I knew nothing about. I mean, songs that ended up being covered by Baez and Donovan??? Yiddish songs that ended up being performed by the Andrews Sisters, it seems so incredible.

I should mention that in at least one instance Yiddish was referred to as "Ebonics of the Austrio-Hungarian Empire." What I'm saying is that Yiddish culture minus World War Two plus WW1 won by the Axis Powers is an integral part of German culture in such a tableau.

Even in otl what essentially comes from German culture --Yiddish culture-- ended up having very impressive impact on world culture. In a Germans-win-WW1 scenario, you can contemplate this on a bigger scale.

see some examples

Try something more authentic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYyElEW7Ta4

the shit examples you posted have nothing in common with real Volksmusik. Its like posting a video of Goad & calling that real Amerian music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ81BPBWylQ

...my rant aside. I believe that Americas influence even without its entry into ww1 will be felt. the sizes of its population & economy demands it. So we still see a lot of American music/art/whatever perhaps not so much as OTL, but still.

Justinian

Banned
Kaiserreich is realistic, losing a war is one of the strongest causes of revolution, especially a war like WW1. You have to remember in the Kaiserreich timeline, Britain keeps fighting Germany until 1921 drawing themselves into the brink.

Justinian

Banned
So... Kaiser Pact instead of Warsaw Pact, USSR at partial strength, German Jewish jazz ascendant,

(funny, my wife overhears and says, "that's my kind of music," interesting)

(further regarding German jazz culture)

https://www.thejc.com/culture/music/when-jazz-sounds-jewish-1.430479

I think Secunda had an astonishing life story that I knew nothing about. I mean, songs that ended up being covered by Baez and Donovan??? Yiddish songs that ended up being performed by the Andrews Sisters, it seems so incredible.

I should mention that in at least one instance Yiddish was referred to as "Ebonics of the Austrio-Hungarian Empire." What I'm saying is that Yiddish culture minus World War Two plus WW1 won by the Axis Powers is an integral part of German culture in such a tableau.

Even in otl what essentially comes from German culture --Yiddish culture-- ended up having very impressive impact on world culture. In a Germans-win-WW1 scenario, you can contemplate this on a bigger scale.

I think the aristocratic and traditional values of a German cultural hegemony would promote classical as a opposed to Jazz. We'd see far more Wagner than Jewish Jazz.

I think the aristocratic and traditional values of a German cultural hegemony would promote classical as a opposed to Jazz. We'd see far more Wagner than Jewish Jazz.
Culturally conservative elderly aristocrats may try to promote whatever style of music they want, you can't dance to Wagner's tunes so dancehall orchestras are not going to play them. They are going to play whatever will be most popular among their overwhelmingly young audience, be it contemporary works by local composers, latin (american) music like Tango and Samba or Ragtime and its' successor Jazz.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
Regardless of a German victory in WWI, the Germans will not become a global hegemony. They will not gain those Colonies in Africa because Britain would have the upper hand navally.

And America, which likely won't become a military power, will still be an economic powerhouse and it would behoove Germany to foster good relations with them.

Culturally conservative elderly aristocrats may try to promote whatever style of music they want, you can't dance to Wagner's tunes so dancehall orchestras are not going to play them. They are going to play whatever will be most popular among their overwhelmingly young audience, be it contemporary works by local composers, latin (american) music like Tango and Samba or Ragtime and its' successor Jazz.

Or a Germanification of traditional musical genres, such as: