• Yes: Next year

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No: 10/20 years in the future

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other Choice: Leave a comment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@The Young Explorer Here are all the Breckenridge Elkins stories in the public domain, for reference when that series (hopefully it'll be a series) comes up: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:Robert_Ervin_Howard#Breckinridge_Elkins
Well i can tell you now. I updated my planning document yesterday with the new additions. We are two chapters away now from Carmilla and four away from Gent from Bear Creek. so Breckinridge Elkins will feature sooner rather than later, likely get spun onto. tv after that. On that note, the 1950 will be here next chapter so if anyone any last minute questions or additions for early 50s do ask before Friday.

Last edited:
Firstly: There all coming for the feature film market. Its a big business now, animation makes money.
Secondly: the whole idea of more children is to keep the company within family hands. Be it Roy's, Ruth's or Walt's Children.
Thirdly: If you would like an entire chapter dedicate to just the history and films of Fleischer Studios. I will gladly make it
Forth: There's a big event about to happen and Mickey is set to partake. Mickey is missing so Oswald teams up with Donald to find him. though its anything but easy.
also: Yes its different. There were plans developed to combine The Wind in the Willows with The Legend of Happy Valley and The Gremlins, an original story developed by author Roald Dahl, into a package film titled Three Fabulous Characters. This feel though OTL but here its made. Only difference is replacing gremlins with The Legend of Sleepy Hollow because it seemed more fitting.
1: Well, obviously. But in all seriousness, thanks.
2: And with the plans we have for this, that's more than a good thing.
3: I would actually like that, to be honest. I mean, before the likes of Bugs and Woody, Popeye and Betty Boop were Disney's main rivals in animated showbiz.
4: Is there any way to release that short as its own thing sometime in the next decade? I mean, come on. It's a short where Donald and Oswald have to find Mickey with various obstacles in their path. That sounds perfect for a separate re-release before a new Disney film.
5: So, is The Gremlins going to be released as a special short?
Also, TheFaultofAlts, are you talking about Gulliver's Travels or Popeye's Travels from Ferguson's Book?
(And here's a link to that story, it's very good: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ook-an-alternative-disney-filmography.510348/)
Whoops! Must have mixed the timelines. My apologies, folks.

1: Well, obviously. But in all seriousness, thanks.
2: And with the plans we have for this, that's more than a good thing.
3: I would actually like that, to be honest. I mean, before the likes of Bugs and Woody, Popeye and Betty Boop were Disney's main rivals in animated showbiz.
4: Is there any way to release that short as its own thing sometime in the next decade? I mean, come on. It's a short where Donald and Oswald have to find Mickey with various obstacles in their path. That sounds perfect for a separate re-release before a new Disney film.
5: So, is The Gremlins going to be released as a special short?

Whoops! Must have mixed the timelines. My apologies, folks.
Gremlins is coming as the last film of the 1940s with a re-worked story cos the actual story is ww2 based and nobody wants that just yet. I could see Oswald and Donald too releasing as a short on tv at some point or before a film.
I will do that chapter after the next one before we hit the big 50s stuff.
Disney may not always keep a hold on animation departments but they don't need to. Many many great animators can fill in for walt as long as the studio itself stays in family hands and close to the ethics walt/Roy have established. Roald Dahl may become even bigger here and that's saying something considering OTL he worked on a bond film and chitty chitty bangbang (Which had music done by the Sherman brothers). Also yes, Sherman brothers will appear.

So the next chapter is coming today. Just been busy trying a new seclude. I will need help though. a general list of adaptions Fleischer studios can make. A lot of the big one's will go Disney hence them using secret garden but I fear I will run out. Making stuff for there original characters is easier though.

So the next chapter is coming today. Just been busy trying a new seclude. I will need help though. a general list of adaptions Fleischer studios can make. A lot of the big one's will go Disney hence them using secret garden but I fear I will run out. Making stuff for there original characters is easier though.
Well, here comes another time for me to shine. Here's what I think could be adapted by Fleischer.

-Justice League(As a standalone movie first, and then with shorts starring Batman, Wonder Woman, and the rest afterwards.)
-Thumbelina
-Tarzan(If Disney doesn't get to Burroughs first.)
-The Lone Ranger(Particularly in animation.)
-Clue

Maybe we can see Fleischer Studios be a pioneer in home media releases by having them create official packages of their earlier shorts for 16mm film cans?

I know these are absolutely bonkers ideas, but I did go for stuff that Disney wouldn't adapt for one reason or another.

Well, here comes another time for me to shine. Here's what I think could be adapted by Fleischer.

-Justice League(As a standalone movie first, and then with shorts starring Batman, Wonder Woman, and the rest afterwards.)
-Thumbelina
-Tarzan(If Disney doesn't get to Burroughs first.)
-The Lone Ranger(Particularly in animation.)
-Clue

Maybe we can see Fleischer Studios be a pioneer in home media releases by having them create official packages of their earlier shorts for 16mm film cans?

I know these are absolutely bonkers ideas, but I did go for stuff that Disney wouldn't adapt for one reason or another.
They likely wont touch DC for to long for resson. This first chapter will only cover there early years. I will sprinkle there updates in every decade. Your suggestions do go along with my thinking though. Setting them as more adult animation based studio.

How about Raggedy Ann and Noddy for Flesischer movies?

They likely wont touch DC for to long for reason. This first chapter will only cover there early years. I will sprinkle there updates in every decade. Your suggestions do go along with my thinking though. Setting them as more adult animation based studio.
I can understand why you don't want Fleischer to be the DC animation studio. Maybe a Namor series of shorts with help from Timely Comics, now known as Marvel Comics? I don't know, but it could work.
In all seriousness, thanks for tapping into my ideas.
That could work. How old exactly is noddy? I watched it as a child in the 00s
Noddy actually began in books, and his first book was published in 1949. It was that long ago!
Also, Raggedy Ann's first three outings in animation were from Fleischer Studios and/or Famous Studios, so that helps it a bit.

He first appeared in 1949.
I can understand why you don't want Fleischer to be the DC animation studio. Maybe a Namor series of shorts with help from Timely Comics, now known as Marvel Comics? I don't know, but it could work.
In all seriousness, thanks for tapping into my ideas.

Noddy actually began in books, and his first book was published in 1949. It was that long ago!
Also, Raggedy Ann's first three outings in animation were from Fleischer Studios and/or Famous Studios, so that helps it a bit.
You will see soon why Dc is of the cards. in the next chapter which will be done today be it a bit later than normal.
Also dam Noddy has remained extremely popular. He was around when I was young. Well you know what that calls for. Making him even more popular.

You will see soon why Dc is of the cards. in the next chapter which will be done today be it a bit later than normal.
Also dam Noddy has remained extremely popular. He was around when I was young. Well you know what that calls for. Making him even more popular.
Understandable.
While you're at it with making characters more popular, can you look into these lists for global recognition?
Admittedly, you might find more worthy mentions in Spirou than in Tintin, but since they still have a rivalry against each other, it's for the best to mention both of them.

Understandable.
While you're at it with making characters more popular, can you look into these lists for global recognition?
Admittedly, you might find more worthy mentions in Spirou than in Tintin, but since they still have a rivalry against each other, it's for the best to mention both of them.
Tintin to Disney, Spirou to Fleischer Studios. Now that could be interesting. Titin is like noddy, he's known but not to say the popularity of Mickey or Bugs Bunny. I will look into both for more stuff. Other's on the table are the hardy boys and Nancy drew. Again Nancy drew spans back years and again like noddy was ever present in my childhood but translating her to film and tv has for the most part never worked.

Last edited:
Tintin to Disney, Spirou to Fleischer Studios. Now that could be interesting. Titin is like noddy, he's known but not to say the popularity of Mickey or Bugs Bunny.
Considering how many properties Spirou has housed, I think Fleischer should be okay for a good while on British comics. I mean, that's where you'd find Marsupilami, The Smurfs, and Lucky Luke! At least Disney has three separate heads of animation to back them up, thus justifying the smaller pool of recognizable British characters.

Considering how many properties Spirou has housed, I think Fleischer should be okay for a good while on British comics. I mean, that's where you'd find Marsupilami, The Smurfs, and Lucky Luke! At least Disney has three separate heads of animation to back them up, thus justifying the smaller pool of recognizable British characters.
This brings me to another case I been meaning to bring up. Its feasible that walt at some point travels to both Japan and Britain. There's two shows in both those countries I think Disney could work with. In japan there's super sentai which was adapted to power rangers in the 90s, and Britain has of cause doctor who. Well I am suggesting they adapt Super Sentai , I don't think an American doctor who will work but bringing it to the states and thus to Disney could save it.

Chapter Twelve: At Last, I see The Light

Chapter Twelve: At Last, I See The Light

The period immediately after the war is often known as the rebirth of the Disney company. As was the case for many Hollywood studios, World War two had changed the way they operated but now the war was over. Fleischer Studios was now a rival to Disney in terms of animation and Warner Brothers were not far behind either. The Disney studio had started It all but now they needed to adapt again. rebooting everything in Walt's mind was the only option. The first to be rebooted were comics. They had lost popularity near the end of the war and Roy had become signaling their loss. The last issue released in 1945 and after that, the comics fell silent. They were not dead just dormant as the company figured out how they would adapt to a new age. Walt again found himself in more places than one but this time embraced it. In his mind, the studio needed a solid footing if it was to remain stable.

Walt realized that well his writers and artists could in fact make comic books it was not their specialty. They needed a figure who was well versed in that industry to lead their comic department. Once again Roy was shocked by the salary Walt was offering, the studio was afloat but if they kept spending as they did, they would be bankrupt by 1955. Once again, the pair argued and once again Walt got his own way. The Undisclosed amount of money was never revealed to the public but it was enough to sway Bill Finger to Disney. Finger is now known as the co-creator of batman but credit was not given in the early days. Finger was also known for many of the 1940s Green Lantern stories, featuring Alan Scott. Yet with Disney, he would have control over an entire department to make what stories he liked with any character he wanted. Finger took the job and soon joined Disney in 1946. The move would be the first of a growing number of connections to finger’s formal employer.

At Disney, Finger quickly embraced his new role, and the rebirth of Disney comics began. The first successful one where the Adventures of Donald and Oswald. The comic itself would build upon the movie short that put Oswald and Donald duck together. It was not expected the pair together would be a major hit but to the studio’s surprise, it was. The comic would soon build upon that and send the pair on adventures around the world solving misfires. Carl Barks who shared joint control now with Finger would also be heavily involved. He would introduce Scrooge McDuck in 1947 and Gladstone Gander a year later in 1948. The twins of Huey, Dewey, and Louie would also be rebooted and given fresh new life inside the new Donald comics. The seeds about his family that had been rooted by banks years earlier were now paid off as it was finally revealed mickey and Oswald were brothers.

The Mickey Mouse and friends' adventure would be set inside toon town itself and would follow the daily lives of Mickey and his friends. The comic featured the usual characters associated with Mickey. Pluto, Minnie, Pete, Goofy, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar. Yet the series would also be popular for establishing new characters and plot ideas. Mortimer Mouse was introduced as a folly to Mickey mouse and a love rival, Horace Horsecollar became a rival to goofy. The comic also introduced the world of snow-white which was seen a train away in the comics. It was seen as the first attempt to unify the Disney world. other comics made by the studio at the time included. Uncle Remus and His Tales of Br'er Rabbit. Instead of adapting the animated film or the book, this comic strived to tell its own stories with Matt Baker brought on to do the artwork. Chip and Dale also got their own comic featuring their adventures in rescuing people.

The rebooted comic series was a success for Disney. Such a success they would not be rebooted again. they would continue on as they are with more comics being added. The stories were aimed mostly at a child and at a time other comics began to lose popularity after World War Two. The Disney comics were once again a large success. The movie shorts would also be rebooted and re-focused. With no need for propaganda anymore their focus was shifted back to smaller tales. Ward Kimball was selected as the head of the shorts department. The main focus of the shorts was to be the romance triangle between Mickey/Minnie and Mortimer, Donald and His nephews, and Oswald/Goofy/ Clarabelle Cow and the new character of Max. Goofy’s child. With the shorts and comics rebooted. Walt himself turned his attention to the last film of the 1940s, to be released in 1949. He would not work upon the film; he was working on a project he deemed the big return so he once again let Ub work on the project.

That project would be another that had remained dormant for a long period of time. It was to be the gremlins. The Gremlins had a book written by Roald Dahl and published in 1943, its sole purpose was its hopes of being adapted into a film made by Walt Disney Productions. It had begun life as a film in 1943 just one month after the books. Dahl himself had recently exited the war as a pilot and was drafted by the studios to help with production. Dhal for the most part would write the script. The story was the last film Disney would work upon that would be related to the war. It saw mischievous mythical creatures (the gremlins) be blamed for all plane problems in the war and must be convinced and trained to fight the real foe (Hitler and the Nazis). The focus was put on the character of gus and his relations with the gremlins while also working on fear of loss.

It would be the first time Dahl would work for the studio and would be the last till the 1960s. Still there were high hopes for the film. Mickey Rooney was cast as Gus the main character (something some disagreed on as the character was British). Walt himself did not have much faith in the film. Edward H. Plumb, one of the composers from the Brer Rabbit Adventures was brought onboard to be the composer for the film. By 1949, after a few delays and some of the hardest work Ub had put into a film. The gremlins released. The film’s premiere was held in New York after the company had decided not to return to Atlanta. The film was a modest success and saw profits begun to climb as theaters in post-war Europe began to re-open.

The Gremlin's success was an indicator to Walt that the time was right to push for grand animation once again. To return to what made the studio so popular in the first place was also a choice Walt made. The 1940s has been a transformative era for Walt himself. Some of his children had grown up, his progressive values had been tested but remained strong and the animation he loved dearly had suffered due to war. Times were changing; Harry S. Truman had won the 1948 election in a landslide and the new deal was secured for another four years. America was shifted, the world was healing and the 1950s would see the Disney studio rise from that little studio that showcases great and mediocre animated films to a kingdom of entertainment. But as The Disney studios benefited from the boom of the 50s so too would her rivals. The animation war was about to begin.

Last edited:
This brings me to another case I been meaning to bring up. Its feasible that walt at some point travels to both Japan and Britain. There's two shows in both those countries I think Disney could work with. In japan there's super sentai which was adapted to power rangers in the 90s, and Britain has of cause doctor who. Well I am suggesting they adapt Super Sentai , I don't think an American doctor who will work but bringing it to the states and thus to Disney could save it.
Honestly, I think that seeing both Doctor Who and Super Sentai come to the states through Disney would be stunning to witness. Let's do it.
Also, would it be a good idea to take a page from @HeX's Laughing Place timeline and have Walt Disney become infatuated with video games? If the guy's gone for good, you should use that idea to your own advantage.

Chapter Twelve: At Last, I see The Light

The period immediately after the great time is often known as the rebirth of the Disney company. As was the case for many hollywood studios, World War two had changed the way they operated but now the war was over. Fleischer studios was now a rival to Disney in terms of animation and warner brothers was not far behind. The Disney studio had started It all but now they needed to adapt again. rebooting everything in walt’s mind was the only option. The first to be rebooted were comics. They had lost popularity near the end of the war and Roy had become signalling their loss. The last issue released in 1945 and after that the comics fell silent. They where not dead just dormant as the company figured out how they would adapt to a new age. walt again found himself in more places than one but this time embraced it. In his mind the studio needed a solid footing if it was to remain stable.

Walt realised that well his writers and artists could infact make comic books it was not their speciality. They needed a figure who was well versed in that industry to lead their comic department. Once again Roy was shocked by the salary walt was offering, the studio was afloat but if they kept spending as they did, they would be bankrupt by 1955. Once again, the pair argued and once again walt got his own way. The Undisclosed amount of money was never revealed to the public but it was enouth to sway Bill Finger to Disney. Finger is now known as the co-creator of batman but credit was not given in the early days. Finger was also known for many of the 1940s Green Lantern stories, featuring Alan Scott. Yet with Disney he would have control over an entire department to make what stories he liked with any character he wanted. Finger took the job and soon joined Disney in 1946. The move would be the first of a growing number of connections to finger’s formal employer.

At Disney, Finger quickly embraced his new role and the rebirth of Disney comics began. The first successful one where the Adventures of Donald and Oswald. The comic itself would build upon the movie short that put Oswald and Donald duck together. It was not expected the pair together would be a major hit but to the studio’s surprise it was. The comic would soon build upon that and send the pair on adventures around the world solving misfires. Carl Barks who shared joint control now with Finger would also be heavily involved. He would introduce Scrooge McDuck in 1947 and Gladstone Gander a year later in 1948. The twins of Huey, Dewey, and Louie would also be rebooted and given fresh new life inside the new Donald comics. The seeds about his family that had been rooted by banks years earlier where now paid of as it was finally revealed mickey and Oswald where brothers.

The Mickey mouse and friends adventure would be set inside toon town itself and would follow the daily life’s of Mickey and his friends. The comic featured the usual character associated with Mickey. Pluto, Minnie, Pete, Goofy, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar. Yet the series would also be popular for establishing new characters and plot ideas. Mortimer Mouse was introduced as a folly to Mickey mouse and a love rival, Horace Horsecollar became a rival to goofy. The comic also introduced the world of snow white which was seen a train away in the comics. It was seen as the first attempt to unify the Disney worlds. other comics made by the studio at the time included. Uncle Remus and His Tales of Br'er Rabbit. Instead of adapting the animated film or the book, this comic strived to tell its own stories with Matt Baker brought on to do art work. Chip and Dale also got their own comic featuring their adventures in rescuing people.

The rebooted comic series where a success for Disney. Such a success they would not be rebooted again. they would continue on as they are with more comics being added. The stories were aimed mostly at a child and at a time other comics began to lose popularity after World War two. The Disney comics where once again a large success. The movie shorts would also be rebooted and re-focused. With no need for propaganda anymore their focus was shifted back to smaller tales. Ward Kimball was selected as the head of the shorts department. The main focus of the shorts was to be the romance triangle between mickey/Minnie and Mortimer, Donald and His nephews, and Oswald/Goofy/ Clarabelle Cow and the new character of Max. Goofy’s child. With the shorts and comics rebooted. Walt himself turned his attention to the last film of the 1940s, to be released in 1949. He would not work upon the film; he was working on a project he deemed the big return so he once again let Ub work on the project.

That project would be another that had remained dormant for a long period of time. It was to be the gremlins. The Gremlins had a book written by Roald Dahl and published in 1943, its sole purpose was its hopes of being adapted into a film made by Walt Disney Productions. It had begun life as a film in 1943 just one month after the books. Dahl himself had recently exited the war as a pilot and was drafted by the studios to help with production. Dhal for his most part would write the script. The story was the last film Disney would work upon that would be related to the war. It saw mischievous mythical creatures (the gremlins) be blamed for all plane problems in the war and must be convinced and trained to fight the real foe (Hitler and the Nazis). The focus was put on the character of gus and his relations with the gremlins while also working on fear of loss.

It would be the first time Dahl would work for the studio and would be the last till the 1960s. Still there where high hopes for the film. Mickey Rooney was cast as Gus the main character (something some disagreed on as the character was British). Walt himself did not have much faith in the film. Edward H. Plumb, one of the composers from the Brer Rabbit Adventures was brought onboard to be composer for the film. By 1949, after a few delays and some of the hardest work Ub had put into a film. The gremlins released. The film’s premiere was held in New York after the company had decided not to return to Atlanta. The film was a modest success and saw profits begun to climb as theaters in post-war Europe began too re-open.

The Gremlins success was an indicator to walt that the time was right to push for grand animation once again. To return to what made the studio so popular in the first place was also a choice walt made. The 1940s has been a transformative era for Walt himself. Some of his children had grown up, his progressive values had been tested but remained strong and the animation he loved dearly had suffered due to war. Times were changing however; Harry S. Truman had won the 1948 election in a landslide and the new deal was secured for another four years. America was shifted, the world was healing and the 1950s would see the Disney studio rise from that little studio which showcases great and mediocre animated films to a kingdom of entertainment. But as The Disney studios benefited from the boom of the 50s so too would her rivals. The animation war was about to begin.

Bill Finger at Disney? That's cool!

And DuckTales, Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, & Goof Troop being introduced in the 40s and 50s through both shorts and comics? In the words of Mickey Mouse, hot dog!

If we were to compound all the new discoveries in this chapter alone, then might I suggest making Epic Mickey as a new feature film or comic book in the late 50s or early 60s? I mean, we do have all the components for such a change already.

Suffice it to say, this might be one of the better chapters you created.

Honestly, I think that seeing both Doctor Who and Super Sentai come to the states through Disney would be stunning to witness. Let's do it.
Also, would it be a good idea to take a page from @HeX's Laughing Place timeline and have Walt Disney become infatuated with video games? If the guy's gone for good, you should use that idea to your own advantage.

Bill Finger at Disney? That's cool!

And DuckTales, Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, & Goof Troop being introduced in the 40s and 50s through both shorts and comics? In the words of Mickey Mouse, hot dog!

If we were to compound all the new discoveries in this chapter alone, then might I suggest making Epic Mickey as a new feature film or comic book in the late 50s or early 60s? I mean, we do have all the components for such a change already.

Suffice it to say, this might be one of the better chapters you created.
The Animation wars is going to be a race to see who can do best. So all studios will fire on all cylinders to claim the crown for best animation studio. Since Disney's thing here is adapting martial, thought it best to introduce things earlier so they can be adapted as comics later.

Also yes, Bill finger is at Disney. I was going to follow the route of many of the Disney stories here and have them shack up with Marvel but considering Disney will be more open to darker films here, I decided to put them with dc. Starting with Finger, the actual studio was sold to someone who got consumed by warner brothers so we can easily switch that around.

Disney did make power rangers OTL and there seasons where growing up pretty good. But power rangers was heavily made different from some of its source martial. Though Super Sentai Today has for the most part let go of its more adult past. It used to have death and blood. It was pretty dark. Doctor who also got pretty dark at one point as well, the sixth doctor outright threw some guards into a pool of acid.

Also I miss HeX, his america story was one of the best here, do you have a link to his Disney timeline?. Likely what inspired me to shift to alt history writing. I will for sure check out his timeline and considering I am an avid fan of video games myself. You can sure bet Disney will conquer video games. And thank you for the praise. The first side chapter is coming soon (today infact)

Last edited: