• Yes: Next year

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No: 10/20 years in the future

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other Choice: Leave a comment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a thought (& if it's past its sell-by date, ignore it): if you've changed music at all because of this, you may have butterflied away Sha Na Na, & if you have, you've butterflied Grease...not to mention the movie. Now, I would be very unhappy to see Olivia not get that (& equally unhappy not to get to see her in that leather jacket with that hair:cool::cool: ), but honestly, I don't think it would hurt much. It might ding Travolta a bit, but it might persuade him to do "An Officer & a Gentleman" or "In Praise of Older Women" (& not "Urban Cowboy")...tho, honestly, I can't imagine anybody but Gere in "AO&aG"...

FYI.
We cant butterfly grease....
It's had three movies here.
She had to be stitched into that leather outfit
How does Sha Na Na not existing (never heard of them so I assume they do here cos I never touched them) effect grease

She had to be stitched into that leather outfit
:eek: (It was worth it.;):cool::cool: )
How does Sha Na Na not existing (never heard of them so I assume they do here cos I never touched them) effect grease
Grease (the Broadway show, whence the movie) is based on the career of the band.
more by his own stupid mistake. ...now don't drive in a car like that.
The 550 Spyder isn't what killed him. (He never even bent it racing, AFAIK.) What killed James Dean was a blind nitwit in a run-of-the-mill Merc, whose driver wasn't paying attention as the Spyder turned across the highway in front of him.:eek::eek:

To save Dean, all you'd need is for him to get a speeding ticket. Just enough to delay him a few minutes, so when he gets to the intersection, the Merc's gone, somebody else (or nobody!) is nearby, & he goes on to have a great career, starring in "The Godfather" & "Waldo Pepper" &, IDK, "BSG" or something. (There's a thread out there postulating what it might look like, where I offered some suggestions, too, if you care to look.)

Last edited:
:eek: (It was worth it.;):cool::cool: )

Grease (the Broadway show, whence the movie) is based on the career of the band.

The 550 Spyder isn't what killed him. (He never even bent it racing, AFAIK.) What killed James Dean was a blind nitwit in a run-of-the-mill Merc, whose driver wasn't paying attention as the Spyder turned across the highway in front of him.:eek::eek:
I have never seen nor heard anything about the musical tbf. the film is dominant over it or so it feels.
That death. whoever caused it. was stupid and kinda sad. James Dean could have done so much more and god knows what his supposed sexuality would have done for him. That movie (i forget the name) is cursed. the other guy from it was stabbed to death.

I have never seen nor heard anything about the musical tbf. the film is dominant over it or so it feels.
I'll agree with that. Without the movie, I'd never have known there was a musical.
That death. whoever caused it. was stupid and kinda sad. James Dean could have done so much more and god knows what his supposed sexuality would have done for him.
Amen.
That movie (i forget the name) is cursed. the other guy from it was stabbed to death.
That, I'm not so sure about. (I presume you mean "Rebel"?) Didn't Natalie Wood also star in that? Look what happened to her.
Mickey's Toontown
I think you'd be begging for trouble with WB over that one... It's too close.

S
I'll agree with that. Without the movie, I'd never have known there was a musical.

Amen.

That, I'm not so sure about. (I presume you mean "Rebel"?) Didn't Natalie Wood also star in that? Look what happened to her.

I think you'd be begging for trouble with WB over that one... It's too close.
I do mean rebel and he died in a car crash, the other guy stabbed. she drowned.
Kinda sad to see James dean die, he somehow became a gay icon over the years and I think its that movie.
Mickey's toon town already exists though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey's_Toontown

I do mean rebel and he died in a car crash, the other guy stabbed. she drowned.
Yeah, that could be a curse.
Mickey's toon town already exists though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey's_Toontown
:eek: :eek: I thought they'd made up the name for "Roger Rabbit".:oops:

Edit:
best actor for George Arthur Disney at the 57 Oscars.
Some nobody beats either Yul Brynner ("The King & I") or Alec Guinness ("Bridge on the River Kwai")? No. (BTW, if "The Secret Garden" was animated {I don't recall}, there's no way it won "Best Picture" in 1947. The first animated nominee wasn't until 1991...)

Last edited:
Franchise Chapter Four: The 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s (Video Games)

Franchise Chapter Four: The 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s (Video Games)

Resident Evil (Disney)

re.jpg

Resident Evil (1996)

Resident evil one is the first game in resident evil developed and released by capcom for the PlayStation in 1996. The story of the first game follows a crack police team known as S.T.A.R.S as they investigate a manor on the outskirts of racoon city shortly after their team-mates in the b-team went missing. The two main characters of the game as Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine. Soon however their own life is on the line as they along with the remains of their group become trapped within a mansion full of zombies and different types of monsters like a giant spider. The player must explore the mansion to uncover its secrets, find their partner and escape. The game had begun as a remake of a 1989 horror game known as sweet home but went through many redesigns. The game was to release for the Super NES in 1993 soon Nintendo’s new console the PlayStation would release. Gameplay consists largely of third-person action with added emphasis on inventory management, exploration, and puzzle solving. Resident evil is now considered one of the masterpieces of survival horror in video games and is received critically and commercially well.

Resident Evil 2 (1998)

After the success of resident evil one, resident evil 2 was considered extremely likely. Disney agreed and placed emphasis on the product being made. Nintendo and capcom would work together to make sure the game would work well on the PlayStation and so development took longer lasting till its release in 1998. This game changed up the character but kept the location similar to the first one, this time shifting it down towards racoon city which was mentioned in the last game. This time players are in control of Leon S Kennedy and Claire Redfield who have come to the city for different resson (Leon for his job, Claire to find her brother) who soon find it overwhelmed by a biological weapon two months after the events of the original Resident Evil. The citizens and animals within the city have all now been transformed and the main characters must escape. The gameplay once again focuses on exploration, puzzles, and combat. However, to make sure that it was not a repeat of one and so players had incentive to play both characters. this game added branching paths which each character having unique storylines and obstacles. The game was also much more cinematic than its predecessor. Resident Evil 2 was praised much more highly than its predecessor as well and went on to sell 4.96 million copies on PlayStation. It was ported to Windows later on.

Resident Evil 3 (1999)

Resident evil three was not going to be this game. This was at first going to be a spin of entirely with a new character taking the role of the main character. It was to this end going to be more action ordinated with a large number of enemies and the introduction of the Nemesis creature, which periodically pursues the player. In the end the plot followed fan favourite Jill Valentine and her efforts to escape from racoon city during and after the events of the second game. The game continues the use of models and pre-rendered backgrounds from the last game. The choice system returns this time with more branching path which offer different forks in paths and a different ending. Resident Evil 3 received positive reviews and sold more than three million copies worldwide. Critics praised the game's detailed graphics and the Nemesis as an intimidating villain, but some criticized its short length and story.

Resident Evil: Codename Veronica (2000)

This game was supposed to be resident evil three but a desire to return to Jill Valentine relegated this game to spin of status. It is considered the fourth major instillment in in the series. It was the first game to be released on the PlayStation and Sega’s Dreamcast. It became the first game in the series to release for two cos noels at once. The story is set two months after resident evil 2 and 3, it follows Claire still looking for her brother as they both try to survive another viral outbreak. This time located at a remote prison island and a research facility in Antarctica. The game was ground-breaking for the series as it was the first to utilizes real-time 3D environments and dynamic camera movement. The game relies more on gothic European horror which is considered a plus for the game as it stands out against its counterparts. Claire was designed with a tougher appearance than in Resident Evil 2, the reason being her past experiences in Raccoon City built her toughness and confidence. This coincided with the strong female drive that had happened. The title received critical acclaim and has been considered both among the best Resident Evil games. A version for the PlayStation II, Sony-Microsoft’s Xbox and windows came later known as Code: Veronica X. The revised version included new cutscenes. This was later remaster again and ported to PlayStation 3, Dreamcast II and Xbox Horizon.

Street Fighter

1627575350722.png

Street Fighter (1987)

The first ever street fighter came released all the way back in 1987. That game was an arcade cabinet devpopled by capcom. The game did not achieve the same worldwide popularity as its sequel Street Fighter II when it was first released. This was partly due to it being the Inaugural game in the series and capcom’s first attempt to make a fighting game. The original did however introduce some of the things that would become standard in later games, such as the six button controls and the use of command based special techniques. The game has since been remastered for the Xbox Neo, the Play Station IV, windows, and the Dream cast III.

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991)

Four years later and Street fighter II would debut. This was the sequel that gained much attention as it added adds multiple playable character and had features such as command-based special moves, a six-button configuration, and a combo system. This was the first one ported to consoles as a year after its release in the arcades it was ported to the SNES for which it soon became the consoles best selling game. By 1994, Street Fighter II had been played by at least 25 million people in the United States, at home and in arcades. The game has since been remastered for the Xbox Neo, the Play Station IV, windows, and the Dream cast III.

Street Fighter Legends (1996)

The success of Street fighter II meant capcom did not feel inclined to make something new for the franchise but five years later in 1996 the next iteration of the franchise came. This game was a 2D fighter. The Graphics were drawn in a cartoonish style then the last game. The plot for this game sets it after one but before two making it a semi-prequel it also meant that younger version of characters already established from both I and I could be featured. The game has since been remastered for the Xbox Neo, the Play Station IV, windows, and the Dream cast III.

Street Fighter III: New Generation (2000)

It would take a further three years for the next official sequel to the series which was not a semi-prequel. This came in Street Fighter III: New Generation. This game had more advanced hardware then those that had come before it allowing for more elaborate 2D graphics than the CPS II-based Street Fighter Alpha games. The game launching so long after street fighter II and Legends meant that the series could be updated and innovated. The game is a direct sequel to II with a new antagonist named Gill took over M. Bison's role from the previous games as the new boss character. The game has since been remastered for the Xbox Neo, the Play Station IV, windows, and the Dream cast III.

DC vs. Capcom

dc_vs__capcom_by_superfernandoxt_ddwo5tw-fullview.jpg

Justice League vs. Street Fighter (1996)

Disney and Cap come had growing franchises that were becoming ever more popular. These were justice league and street fighter. It was inventible that the pair would come together and they did in 1996 In Justice League Vs Street Fighter. it is considered the first instalment in the DC vs. Capcom series. The game includes characters from DC’S Justice league as well as Capcom's Street Fighter series. It was at first a coin-operated arcade machine but it was soon ported to consoles. It came to the Playstation in 1997 and Sega Saturn in 1998. The game featured gameplay very like that of street fighter but it did introduce dual character selection and tag-team based combat. Each player is able to select two characters to compete in a one-on-one battle. The game was released to generally positive reviews, with critics praising its gameplay and sprite animation quality.

DC Superheroes vs. Street Fighter (1998)

With the original success, a sequel was inevitable. It came in 1998. This game expanded the scope of the characters from just the justice league to any DC hero and is the second game in the franchise. Like the first one, it first came out as an arcade game which was then ported to PlayStation in 1999 and the Dreamcast in 2000 It then received ports to the Sega Saturn in 1999 and the PlayStation in 2000. The gameplay is similar to that of the first game through a new feature mechanic was added known as the Variable Assist. There was nothing ground-breaking about the game and it received generally positive reviews for its gameplay, sprite animations, and character roster.

Rockman

1627575560846.png

Rockman (1987)

1987 would be the debut of capcom’s answer to the platforming Mario brothers. That would be Rockman which was an action-platformer. This game was a first for the studio in two ways. It was made by a much smaller time and it was made for the console market which for a company which had focused on arcade releases up this point was something new. the game has six stages which all end with a boss that awards the character a unique weapon. The game is nonlinear and any stage can be completed at any time. The game follows the struggle of the humanoid robot against the mad scientist Dr. Wily and the six Robot Masters under his control. Critics praised Mega Man for its overall design, though the game was not a commercial success.

Rockman II (1991)

Four years later and a sequel to Rockman arrived. The game continues Rockman’s battle against the evil Dr. Wily and his rogue robots. Though it continued the story on from the last game, it was a major improvement in some areas. These changes would become staples of the franchise. The game nearly never got made as the first one was unimpressive and failed to sell. Capcom believed in the seires and allowed the team one more chance on a sequel. However, they would also have to work on other projects meaning most of there free time was used on the game and content unused form the first game was now recycled. This game was a major success compared to the first game and sold more then 1.5 million copies. The game has since been remastered for the Xbox Neo, the Play Station IV, windows, and the Dream cast III.

Rockman 3 (1996)

Well, a sequel to the first game was at first on the waters, after the second game was a smash hit for the company. A third outing for Rockman was instantly ordered with a 1996 release date set. The game is set after the events of II and follows the hero as he is forced to unite with his former foe (doctor willy) and doctor light to collect parts for a peace keeping robots. The game followed the format the first two games established and did not stray to far from the formula. It did introduce new gameplay elements such as Rockman’s canine sidekick Rush and the ability to slide along the ground. The game would go on to earn its own praise with 1.17 million copies selling. The game however despite all its praise was considered too difficult by some. The game has since been remastered for the Xbox Neo, the Play Station IV, windows, and the Dream cast III.

Rockman 4 (2002)

Despite the success of the third game. It would take till 2002 for Rockman IV to come to pass. This game was released solely for the Playstation by capcom. The story takes place after Rockman III and the supposed death of Dr. Wily, and focuses on the Earth coming under threat from a mysterious scientist named Dr. Cossack and his eight "Robot Masters which Rockman must defeat. The game did not change much up but graphical improvement’s due to new hardware where implemented. The game did add the new Mega buster which served as an upgraded arm canon. The development team was mindful that this innovation would change the overall feel of the game. The game sold less then II and III but was still considered a success by the studio. The game has since been remastered for the Xbox Neo, the Play Station IV, windows, and the Dream cast III

Star Wars

1627575604031.png

Star Wars: Dark Forces (1995)

With the success of the prequel movies and boos launching Star Wars back into popularity. It was decided to expand the franchise and cannon to include video games. The first of these would be dark forces in 1995. Made in house by Orion-Arts and released for DOS and Apple Macintosh, and in 1996 for the PlayStation. The storyline is considered canon and follows Jedi Kyle Katarn. He discovers the new project which involves the development of a series of powerful new battle droids and power-armoured stormtroopers. The game uses the Jedi-Knight engine which had been made solely for the game. This engine added features to the genre the game sat in (first person shooter) which at the time were considered uncommon. This included level designs with multiple floors and the ability to look up and down. The game gained favourable reviews on release.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (1997)

The success of the first dark forces meant Disney wanted another so dark force II was set for a 1997 release. The game was made for windows and for play station and served as a canon sequel to the 1995 game Star Wars: Dark Forces. The game was very well received by critics. The storyline once again follows Kyle Katarn as he attempts to confront his father's killers. The game is the first piece of media in Star Wars to explore the post Epsiode 6 era which is considered canon. The game added multiplayer and used a stronger engine.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (1998)

After two games with Kyle Katarn. The developers over at orion games decided to change things up and a year after Dark forces II. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron was released. This time around the game was a arcade-style action game which was party made in house at orion-arts with co-development done by factor five. It was to be the first released in the Rouge Squadron series. Inspired by a comic book, the game is a canon story which focuses on the events in a new hope and empire strikes back. The character this time is like skywalker as he commands an elite squadron of X-wing pilots known as Rogue Squadron as they battle against the empire over sixteen missions. Rogue Squadron received generally positive reviews. Critics praised the game's technical achievements and flight controls, but its use of distance fog and the lack of a multiplayer mode drew criticism.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (2001)

After the success of the first game which broke the expatiations of the company. A sequel was greenlit for a release in 2001. It was the first game in the series to release on the dreamcast and windows alongside the play station. It was once again a co-development project between Orion-arts and factor five. The game was also another canon story though this time Rogue Leader focused on two main characters. Luke skywalker from the original rouge squadron games. This time the missions have been upped from 16 to 18 with three extra missions allowing the player to take control over darth Vader. Instead of just focusing on the fourth and fifth film, this time the game expands over all three of the original movies adding well known battles from both movies well also adding more unknown ones. Each of the game's levels introduces mission objectives such as search and destroy or protection that must be completed to progress to the next level. Rogue Leader sold over 873,000 copies in the United States, and over 100,000 in the UK. The game’s success secured it a sequel in 2004 which shifted the game into the prequel era.

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2002)

After two games without him and after five years. Some people began to wonder and speculate what had happened to Kyle Katarn. In 2002 they would get there answer with Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It was once again a first- and third-person action game which this time was Powered by the id Tech 3 game engine. The game’s story is set eight years after the events of Epsiode six and around two years after Mysteries of the Sith. It was the last piece of canon story set before the sequel movies began which are set ten years after the Epsiode six. The first sequel movie (Heir to the Empire) released in 2005. The game as stated follows Kyle Katan as he fights against the Dark Jedi Desann and his follower. It once again included multiplayer modes. The game was critically well-received on all platforms

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (2002)

The same year as fan’s got to reconnect with the story of Kyle Katarn. The people over at orion-arts decided it was time to role back the clock into the prequel era and make a video game based on something during that period. After much diboration they settled on a story following Jango Fett. To add credit to the game. Temuera Morrison reprised his roles from the film as Jango Fett. Like the game before it, the story focus on Jango fett hunting down Dark Jedi Komari Vosa. The game is canon and explains why Jango fett was chosen as the clone template and how he acquired Slave I. Jango fett gained his own theme tune in the game well his son (boba Fett also briefly appeared at the end) teasing a second game set during the rise of the empire period. The game received positive reviews.

Fallout (Dreamworks)

1627575720239.png

Fallout (1997)

The fear of atomic warfare had been around since the 50s and had come to an end by the 1990s. still Interplay Productions wanted to focus a game on the end of the world well also delivering satire on the 1950s. this would come to be known as fallout which was to be a an open-world turn-based role-playing video game. The game is considered to be set in an alternate history timeline during the mid-22nd century. It was one of the first games to use the growing trend. The protagonist of Fallout is an inhabitant of a Vault, long-term shelters, who is tasked to find a replacement Water Chip and save their Vault. The player is able to craft their own character and very little is established. Fallout is the spiritual successor to the 1988 role-playing video game Wasteland. It was initially intended to use Steve Jackson Games' system GURPS, but Interplay eventually used an internally developed system SPECIAL. The game was critically acclaimed and a financial success.

Fallout 2 -1999

Fallout was a financial success so fallout II would soon follow in 1999. With the success of the first game, Fallout II was able to have a considerably larger game world and a far more extensive storyline. It was the first game made by Interplay after they joined Bethesda. The largely uses similar graphics and game mechanics to those of Fallout. The game's story takes 80 years after the events of Fallout and 164 years after the war. It tells the story of the original hero's descendant and their quest to save their primitive tribe from starvation by finding an ancient environmental restoration machine known as the Garden of Eden Creation Kit. The game was again well received by critics, with praise directed at the gameplay, storyline, and worthiness as a successor to the original Fallout.

The Elder Scrolls (Dreamworks)

1627575755239.png

The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994)

1994 was a big year for Bethesda as they released The Elder Scrolls: Arena. It was the first game in the elder scrolls series and was MS-DOS on March 25, 1994. Like its sequels, Arena takes place on the continent of Tamriel, complete with wilderness, dungeons, and a spell creation system that allows players to mix various spell effects. The game though smaller than its future sequels was well recovered and well liked by fans. In 2004, a downloadable version of the game was made available free of charge as part of the tenth anniversary of the series.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1998)

Four years later and the second game in the series released. Just like its predecessor the game was made available as a free download on Bethesda's website to commemorate the fifteenth anniversary of The Elder Scrolls franchise in 2009. Daggerfall expanded on the first game. This time the game featured over 15,000 cities, towns, villages, and dungeons for the character to explore well it also began the idea of not having a main quest line in order to allow the characters to do as they wanted. This time the player could also become a vampire, werewolf, or wereboar. The expansion of the game meant it received critical acclaim which was also higher than that of the first game.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (2002)

Another four years would pass before the third entry into the series would release which would be Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. The main story takes place on Vvardenfell, an island in the Dunmer (Dark Elf) province of Morrowind, part of the continent of Tamriel. Morrowind was designed with an open-ended style of gameplay in mind, with less of an emphasis on the main plot than its predecessors. This was criticised by some though reviewers did appreciate the game’s detailed game world. It was the first Elder Scrolls game to fully support third party mods. The game was both critical and commercial success and selling over four million copies worldwide by 2005. Despite this, criticism about the game forced Bethesda back to the drawing bord. A sequel would not arrive till 2008.

Wolfenstein (Dreamworks)

1627575786990.png

Castle Wolfenstein (1981)

Bethesda’s oldest series is Castle Wolfenstein with its first enter releasing in 1981. The first entry was devpopled by muse Software for the Apple II though it was ported to MS-DOS, the Atari 8-bit family, and the Commodore 64. The first game had a focus on stealth-based action with the goal being trying to avoid detection as long as possible. They are now considered by many to be the prototypes for the stealth genre of games which would not become popular for another nine years. Castle Wolfenstein sold 20,000 copies by June 1982. A success enouth for the studio who wanted to contunuie the series

Beyond Castle Wolfenstein (1984)

Three years later and the direct sequel to castle Wolfenstein released (beyond castle Wolfenstein) simultaneously for the Apple II and Commodore 64 and was later ported to the the Atari 8-bit family and MS-DOS. The game was once again a stealth action World War two game. Though it was the second game in a serial it was the last to be made by Muse Software and the last to be a full-on stealth game. The game was not well received like its predecessor. Many complained about slow loading and unnecessary features. This is considered one of the resson muse software would not make another game in the series.

Wolfenstein 3D (1992)

Wolfenstein was considered dead and forgotten by many come 1992 but Id software was about to bring it back from the dead with Wolfenstein 3d which was inspired by the past two games. The game shifted from a stealth game to a full-on action-shooter game with players taking on the role of J." Blazkowicz during World War II as he escapes from the Nazi German prison Castle Wolfenstein. Along the way the player fights Nazi soldiers, dogs, and other enemies with knives and a variety of guns. The game was built to be both fast and violent. The game became the biggest in the series so far selling 200,000 copies by the end of 1993. It is now known as the grandfather of 3D shooters.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001)

Despite the success of the last game. There was no real rush for a sequel and before a sequel could ever come. The studio was eaten up by Bethesda. Nine years after the third game and the fourth entry released. The game was once again a first-person shooter and served as a remake and reboot of the series. It was the first game with a multiplayer mode which was more well received then the actual game and like the game before it was influential in the genre. The whole game itself gained passive reviews though it was nothing special. It would take another eight years for a sequel.

Anyone worried about why there's no Mario. Don't worry,
There will be a part II to that added in once this has finished. There are many more games to be done.
Donkey Kong, Zelda, Sims City, Mario, James bond and then any games which don't have enough scope to get their own section
the sims, animal crossing.
With that. We are back on the path towards the final. Tomorrow will be the look at the other studios. Sorry, this is taking longer than i once expected.

Last edited:
As always a very good chapter! Looking forward to your new TL which links in with this.
It links in a way but for now, I cant say how. The ending for this one will be three final movies.
After that is the biggest spoiler.
All I can say is everything inside this (what if series) connects.

So folks. Everyone Reading this. The Chapter on Hollywood's other studios has been scraped. I know you may want to know what happened to them in the changing world but one of my biggest fears about this is we would expand the scope too far out. The focus was always Disney, which is the main POD here and well adding Fleischer Studios made sense as it added to the Disney side of the story. The other Hollywood studios haven't had that much of an effect throughout the story, warner brothers have popped up I know but I have to make a choice that I think will make the story better. On that regard, I am re-focusing this back onto Disney.
Onto the good news: The ideas and concepts of a better Hollywood will not die. This story will remain here forever but I can tell you now. I do want to expand this, beyond the scope of just Disney. So well this timeline will narrow its focus back onto Disney, one day when I feel confident enough I will begin a story set in 1900 which will follow the history of Hollywood over 100 years. I hope everyone who read's this can understand this choice.

So folks. Everyone Reading this. The Chapter on Hollywood's other studios has been scraped. I know you may want to know what happened to them in the changing world but one of my biggest fears about this is we would expand the scope too far out. The focus was always Disney, which is the main POD here and well adding Fleischer Studios made sense as it added to the Disney side of the story. The other Hollywood studios haven't had that much of an effect throughout the story, warner brothers have popped up I know but I have to make a choice that I think will make the story better. On that regard, I am re-focusing this back onto Disney.
Onto the good news: The ideas and concepts of a better Hollywood will not die. This story will remain here forever but I can tell you now. I do want to expand this, beyond the scope of just Disney. So well this timeline will narrow its focus back onto Disney, one day when I feel confident enough I will begin a story set in 1900 which will follow the history of Hollywood over 100 years. I hope everyone who read's this can understand this choice.
It's okay, man. I also have urges to expand my timelines far past the central focus.

It's okay, man. I also have urges to expand my timelines far past the central focus.
Thank you. There is so much we could explore but I want to give the ending my all and I was going to burn out, enough that even a break was going to fix it. The ending and the thing we talked about needs me not to be burnt out.

Tomrrow
30th of July
It all Comes Down To this
The Grand Final Is Upon us
Aiming for a 12pm GMT release which is
08:00 Am EST.
Let the eighty-year celebration begun.​

Chapter Forty-Six: This is The Greatest Show!

Chapter Forty-Six: This is The Greatest Show!

2003. eighty years of Disney had arrived. The parks were all awash with a sense of joyous celebration. Hollywood came alive with a buzz, theatres flung open their doors to play the classics everyone came to love. In concert halls across the globe, the world paid homage to the music that had given so many people hope and happiness. Over at Disney itself, the family felt more unified than ever as they all came together once more. To celebrate Walt’s dream that had lived for so long. Peter James Disney, head of the family was now forty-six and had married Kate Mulgrew. The pair had been married since 1982 and had three children (Peter, John, George Junior). Forty-four-year-old Lillian May Disney was still a proficient voice actress for the studio and continued to voice Lizzy duck well also voicing characters across Disney’s animated spectrum. She had never married and had come out as a-sexual in 1997.

Diane Disney-Iwerks was now 74 years old and was considered retirement now the company had eighty. Diane Disney had married Don Iwerks in 1952, together they had two more children. Jack And Grant Disney-Iwerks both now worked at the growing amazon company as executives after the owner tragically died in a car crash. Her children still worked. Elias David Disney- Iwerks was now 49 years old and still worked as an animator working alongside don Bluth. The twins Jessica Snow Disney- Iwerks and Martha Ruth Disney were now forty-eight years of age. nether had married and instead, they lived together. They still worked for Disney television and currently started in twin trouble for the Disney channel. Then there was sixty-five-year-old George Arthur Disney. The man who did everything and was currently with tab-hunter, his life partner as he liked to call him. He was still working at the television studio. All was well for the family, all was bright. Eighty years had changed the family but still, the family remained strong.

To celebrate eighty years. Three movies would come in 2003 that would define the year and the celebration for the company. The first of these would be Disney’s second co-operation with Dreamworks as the company wanted to help celebrate the company 80th anniversary. The film would simply be titled Hollywood. The plot was rather simple when looked at from afar. It followed a group of aspiring actors and filmmakers during the Hollywood Golden Age in the post-World War II era trying to make their dreams come true. But when looked at with a closer lens the film explored race, sexuality, abuse of power and above all what if the story could be changed. Hollywood was made more progressive by the actions of some but it could have been better. Hollywood dared to dream what that world could be.

To helm the project, James Camron was selected. After his success with the historical titanic, the director had become more known for historical pictures and Hollywood was to be his second grandest after titanic. Producer Samuel Goldwyn Jr. joined the project alongside titanic producer Jon Landau. To write the script, JFK junior and Dreamworks turned to George Arthur Disney himself as he was a writer of television and it was believed his experience working in old Hollywood would be fitting for the script. The cast was to be extensive with a mix of made characters and real-life people. Leonardo DiCaprio was cast as Jack Castello, Ryan Gosling was cast as Raymond Ainsley, Rosario Dawson was cast as Camile Washington, Russell Crowe as Earnest West, Heath Ledger as Roy Fitzgerald/ Rock Hudson, Aaron Yoo as Archie Coleman, Patti LuPone as Avis Amberg, Jim Carrey as Henry Wilson and Drew Barrymore as Claire Wood. The film also had cameos from people playing real-life characters in small roles such as Michelle Krusiec as Anna May Wong.

It wasn’t just those that had cameos. those who were still alive who were around in the 40s and 50s had cameos. this did include the likes of George Arthur Disney, Doris Day, Marylin Monroe and Rock Hudson and many more. The film was released on March 3rd 2003. Upon release, those celebrating the 80th anniversary of Disney swarmed the cinemas to see the film. Limited editions merchandise was also sold. The movie itself was made on a budget of 126 million and earned just shy of 895 million. Hollywood was a success. The film would gain a sequel called Hollywood: After Happily ever After ten years later in 2013 to celebrate the 90th Anniversary.

JFK Junior had celebrated the 80th Anniversary but now it was time for the bread and butter of Disney to take its turn in celebrating the 80th. In a movie long g in the making, Micky Mosque finally got his full-length feature film. That film would be The Search for Mickey Mouse. The film saw Mickey Mouse GET kidnapped by unknown forces, forcing Minnie Mouse and Oswald Rabbit to enlist Basil of Baker Street to investigate his disappearance. Along the way, they encounter one character from Disney's animated film canon. The film had many many cameos through the room the full list is an extensive one.

All the citizens of toon town appeared with the likes of goofy, Donald, and Pluto all had more substantial roles. Disney also had a cameo appearance from every Disney animated movie this included the likes of snow-white, Cinderella, Aladdin and genie, Roger Rabbit, Br'er Rabbit, dumbo and many more. The film was the biggest animated cross over film since roger rabbit had debuted. It was one of the biggest Disney films released that year and though other’s like finding demo also debuted they were overshadowed. The Search for Mickey Mouse would win the Oscar for a best-animated picture in 2004 and is often considered one of the higher-ranked Disney movies.

Yet both of these movies would be overshadowed by the Novembers release. The greatest showman. The company had been around for eighty years but nobody had told the tale of Walt Disney or the animators around him. Their story was relegated to interviews, old tv clips and books. JFK junior and Peter Disney both wanted to change this for the 80th. They wanted a film dedicated to their story. Michael Gracey was brought on as director, it was decided early on to make the film a musical with a mix of new songs mixed with old. The casting had to be perfect and after searching for hours, tom hanks was cast as Walt Disney. Some considered the casting almost perfect to a key. Other cast members included Meryl Streep as Ruth Disney, Steve Martin as Roy O Disney, Ben Affleck as Harry Roy Disney, Keanu Reeves as George Arthur Disney, and Victoria Summer as Julia Andrews. This was not the full either.

For the music. Peter and JFK junior wanted to be new and old. They turned to the Sherman Brothers and Alan Menken/Howard Ashman to compose the score. The two biggest numbers (ones that would go on to compete for an Oscar) were the opening number with the main characters singing the title number the greatest show or Walt singing my way to his children. The film covered the period from 1900 to his death which made the movie around three hours long. The film made on a budget of 231 million soon earned 212 billion dollars at the box office becoming the highest-grossing musical and film of all time. And as the film dominated the box office, as the fireworks lit the night sky around Disney.

Eighty Years of Disney Came to a close. From snow white to the greatest show. Disney had risen from nothing to become one of the largest companies in existence. Walt and his merry old folk of Disney forged a dream that those who came after continued. Theodore, Peter Lillian, Diane, Elias, Jessica, Martha, Harry, Walter Junior and George. All have lived, all will die or have died but all have continued. They persevered and kept the company alive. And now their story is over, their storybook comes to a close. They have come as far as they will come and the only way here is up and up. The greatest show people Take one last final bow as the curtain falls one final time.

I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it.
Walter Elias Disney (1901-1975)

Be yourself, be true, be happy. My Three tenants in life
Theodore Elias Disney (1926-1989)

As Long as a member of this family survives. The Disney Dream will endure. Forever and always
Peter James Disney (1957-)

And they all lived happily ever after…..

The Credits

The Credits​

And so, the final chapter is over, the credits have rolled and the lights have gone up once more. Below are all the people I consider instrumental in the success of this timeline. A big thank you to all these amazing people (If I missed you, I am sorry)

@TheFaultsofAlts: Without you, this timeline would have stagnated. Those who read this hold so much gratitude to you. You truly are a co-creator in my eyes.

@phx1138: you appeared late that is true but the advice and answers you have given helped me teach me things I will Never Forget. Future timelines will be researched better thanks to your advice.

@Tmckay: My fellow Yorkshire man!. Your stories are great, I can’t wait to read more. Your questions helped fight back the burnout that was commencing and kept the story on track. We reached the finish line with your extra push. Thank you.

@King Krazy: Ah another person who helped ask the questions that needed to be asked. your advice to split things up helped prevent burnout. You offered suggestions on what happened and it allowed things to grow.

@unclepatrick: thank you for all your support as we have gone along. Though I am still cursing you for getting that song stuck in my head. You did however give me the title for the Epilogue in doing that so thank you.

Thank you to you all. Those listed and those not listed.

With That, the story is over. Onto Pastures new

(It’s far from being all over; stay tuned for a Epilogue of sorts)